What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Semi-autoflowering cannabis plants.

I dont remember where I heard of the term but I do remember that I wanted to grow them because they were great for an outdoor crop in the 46-47ish lat. If you know more please comment!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Semi autos hasten the maturity...not full on auto, not photoperiod. In-between creating larger plant and short grow schedule.

We have several, yet generally bx w/ auto again to make it a autoflowering strain.

Those we know like semi autos, seemingly hardier (being a hybrid) and finishes a month give or take before photo cousins. Latitudes such as yours, they'll thrive.

Hashishh

Last I heard of a semi-auto plant was back when I was looking for some Guerilla Gold #5 seeds I believe. I was under the impression it was a cross between a photo and an auto and the offspring were a mix of early flowering and fully autoflowing phenos. I could be wrong but that was my understanding at the time.

I'm in and around the 48-49 latitude so I hear ya.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Last I heard of a semi-auto plant was back when I was looking for some Guerilla Gold #5 seeds I believe. I was under the impression it was a cross between a photo and an auto and the offspring were a mix of early flowering and fully autoflowing phenos. I could be wrong but that was my understanding at the time.

They were really early flowering, mixed with autoflowering. Some of the plants would stay in veg with 22/2-24hr lighting, needing only 3-4hrs of dark to begin flowering.

I still have some Guerilla Gold #3 and #4 seeds around here somewhere. :)

Ive heard freezelands good for my lat. I dont remember where but there was a thread on here to trick photos into flowering in june and july without any type of light dep method. I forgot what the thread was called. But you would be able to harvest early september depending on strain.

Hashishh

Ive heard freezelands good for my lat. I dont remember where but there was a thread on here to trick photos into flowering in june and july without any type of light dep method. I forgot what the thread was called. But you would be able to harvest early september depending on strain.

Not sure if you're Canadian but **edit sorry added a seed bank that was blocked** has some freezeland crosses if I'm not mistaken. I can't vouch for their quality or anything but might be a place to start?

I'll have to take a look around and see if I can find it. I've been trying to get my crap together for the outdoor season this year. I've got a couple autos to try out but I want to give photos a go as well.

I was gonna send you a PM as I don't want to clutter your thread but I can't it seems. If you ever find something worth giving a go, let me know!

Edit: the seeds were from a breeder called Beanhoarder I believe.

Not sure if you're Canadian but **edit sorry added a seed bank that was blocked** has some freezeland crosses if I'm not mistaken. I can't vouch for their quality or anything but might be a place to start?

I'll have to take a look around and see if I can find it. I've been trying to get my crap together for the outdoor season this year. I've got a couple autos to try out but I want to give photos a go as well.

I was gonna send you a PM as I don't want to clutter your thread but I can't it seems. If you ever find something worth giving a go, let me know!

Edit: the seeds were from a breeder called Beanhoarder I believe.
I think I dont have enough posts or likes or whatever to be able to like others or PM. Oregon green seed has a freezeland and lebanese cross for $80. I tried fast bud autos last year in the summer and got decent smoke. Damn moths though laid fucken budworms down and ate some of my buds motherfuckers. Used BTk to get ahold of those little fuckers too. Next outdoor grow I plan on using some kind of thin insect barrier cloth over the autos. Fucken rippers had no clue too. Usually stop by mid september and snatch some photo buds. Not last year! Why I love autos but I need more potent stuff man. Autos have come a long way but still not enough for me. Might try memphisto or afterthought next.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
The Germling, The Real Seed Company has some Semi Auto Flowering strains. (Lebanese, Highland Nepalese, Syria and Turkish) fall under the Semi Auto flowering traits.
Ace seeds also has a fantastic Lebanese. I have grown it out in the past and it was a beautiful plant. Your Landrace semi auto's will all be from this same part of the world. I'm not aware of any others anyway.
Ckeck out some of AiridBud's gear. The folks at AfterThought Auto's have been doing a real nice job for some time now. Peace MedDakotabis

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Germling:

Oregon green seed?I wonder if it's old friends from the Med group north of me a ways.Anyway,I have also been interested in the Freezeland as I believe it carries an elevated level of pinene,which can help open airways as I understand it.Problem is that there is only so much room.:biggrin:

Farmerlion is right about the Real Seed Co.Lot's of interesting things offered there,but does often times require some selection.

Big ups to Afterthought as well as Ace for some very fine offerings by stand out breeders.

Last edited:
The Germling, The Real Seed Company has some Semi Auto Flowering strains. (Lebanese, Highland Nepalese, Syria and Turkish) fall under the Semi Auto flowering traits.
Ace seeds also has a fantastic Lebanese. I have grown it out in the past and it was a beautiful plant. Your Landrace semi auto's will all be from this same part of the world. I'm not aware of any others anyway.
Ckeck out some of AiridBud's gear. The folks at AfterThought Auto's have been doing a real nice job for some time now. Peace MedDakotabis
Thanks for the pointers!

CrushnYuba

Semi auto are very photo sensitive photo plants. Not auto at all.
There was a cut on the west coast being passed around called Oregon diesel, i seem to remember.
Very early flowering

I don't recommend it, but auto Iranian by greenthumb. Overpriced shady seed maker.

I have never seen an auto or semi auto that i liked.. But you could clone a semi auto and find a good pheno. Have consistent results at least. Our longest days up here are about 15.5 hours. Most strains flower with 14 ish hours. So a pheno that can flower mid Summer here ain't a stretch

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Semi auto are very photo sensitive photo plants. Not auto at all.
There was a cut on the west coast being passed around called Oregon diesel, i seem to remember.
Very early flowering

I don't recommend it, but auto Iranian by greenthumb. Overpriced shady seed maker.

I have never seen an auto or semi auto that i liked.. But you could clone a semi auto and find a good pheno. Have consistent results at least. Our longest days up here are about 15.5 hours. Most strains flower with 14 ish hours. So a pheno that can flower mid Summer here ain't a stretch

Semi autos are Photo x auto, 1st-2nd generation. Of the 75% that are not auto, those are semi. They harvest sooner due to ruderalis
gene line. Actually, we have numerous customers that like it for the sake of quicker harvest, and ability to clone.

Genetic profiles are important in semi-autos, that's for sure. So perhaps the strains you've tried haven't met the standard.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Germling:

Oregon green seed?I wonder if it's old friends from the Med group north of me a ways.Anyway,I have also been interested in the Freezeland as I believe it carries an elevated level of pinene,which can help open airways as I understand it.Problem is that there is only so much room.:biggrin:

Farmerlion is right about the Real Seed Co.Lot's of interesting things offered there,but does often times require some selection.

Big ups to Afterthought as well as Ace for some very fine offerings by stand out breeders.

Thanks Slim. We've got several big adventures for customers coming this way...new strains, lab specimen testing, the whole enchilada.

And right on, Ibechillin...like that insurance commercial...we know a few things 'cause we've [grown a few thousand...or more] things....
Good luck with continued grows!

Last edited:
@aridbud, I'm growing in greenhouses and dealing with 16-hour days during summertime. Blackout curtains not fully effective so there are light leaks.

Any recommendations for semi-autos that might work well in this environment? Trying to mitigate the risk of hermies.

bibi40

dealing with 16-hour days during summertime. Blackout curtains not fully effective so there are light leaks.

Any recommendations for semi-autos that might work well in this environment? Trying to mitigate the risk of hermies.

arid will answer you but for me :

you need full auto's ,
semi auto's are just like shortest flowering time photos ,
they will not flowering well with 16 hours of light :tiphat:

mtntrogger

Veteran
Interesting thread. I have grown SOL'S Sweet tooth#3 and that would auto when it got rootbound. If uplanted in a timely manner it acted normally. But if left too long in a small container it flowered. I actually used a male of it in several crosses. I have a couple going right now, Bruce Banner #3 and Headband, both crossed with sweet tooth. I made hundreds of seeds just never tested them before now

Latest posts

Latest posts