What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help me decide on what lose to use in 5x5 tent

Dabzilla710

New Grower!

I got a 1000 watt HID with a in-line fan I’m wondering what system would work best with the light i already have I’m leaning heavy toward flood and drain because that’s what I’ve been around and feel like is easier for me. I have a lot of bag seed I’ve accumulated over the past year. I also need to get another setup going I’m about to buy 2 5x5 tents and need to know what lights work best for that space (one for veg/mom one for flower)I’m thinking of going with hps but want to know what would be best for quality and good yields. Any help is appreciated. Sorry if I’m unclear on some of the things I’ve said like I said I’m a first time grower. Thank you in advance! I’m ready to answer questions and learn some more! :dance013::tiphat:

M

MagusMan

flood and drain sounds excellent.all the best with your setup and grow

I like t8 4ft. fluorescent for the price. But I have 2 viparspectra 450 switchable spectrum and use them from start to finish in a 2ft X 4ft area.

M

MagusMan

i would go for the 1000watt if you can keep the temps right in your grow.

Have you used HID or HPS before LEDs? Which worked best for you? I’ll pop those seeds with my 1k HID thank you!
I have used a 250 MH before but even that is overkill for seedlings and young plants. I pay the light bill so I try to economize where possible I wouldn't run a 1000 watt for 18 or 20 hours a day when I could ruu 2 or 4 t8's at 64 to 128 watts. or led's at 200 watts.
Your bill your choice.

Have you used HID or HPS before LEDs? Which worked best for you? I’ll pop those seeds with my 1k HID thank you!

Sorry I thought I read HPS. I don't think HID has the correct spectrum for photosynthesis, are you talking Quartz, HPS or MH?. Google that and find out. Quartz is the one that dosen't grow plants
I have used High Pressure Sodium 250watt, 600watt, Metal Halide 250watt, Fluorescent t8's,and LED.
LED is by far the winner for my size area.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
HID=High Intensity Discharge Lamp. Sodium's fit in this category. Quartz Halogen don't.

I wouldn't want to start plants off with my lighting on full power either. The plants you wish to fill your space with eventually, can usually be grouped in a much smaller area when they're still small. As an example, you may want 9 plants in this 5x5 tent. As seedlings they could live together under a domestic GLS lamp. There is a good thread in the microgrow subforum of the diary area. There, you will see a pair of 14w $3 lamps that were destined for home illumination, will light a 1x1 area to flowering levels

So pop the seeds and get the show started. You only need minimal light from a window for a week or so. Sooner you start sooner you smoke!

Latest posts

Latest posts