What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FLASH SEEDS Super Autos-What am I doing wrong?

squatty

I've grown two different Flash superautos outdoors that both went near 200 days. At the time I was a bit frustrated.

I still look back fondly on the smoke they provided...

Koondense

Veteran
Hi aridbud,
would have to check in my archive but from memory - sprouted 20. may, transplanted 6. june, harvested in mid/end of october.
So total would be around 150 days, but she started preflowering just after she summer solstice so my hope was to harvest in september. She had a very long early stretch, finished stretching in early september, explains the size. The buds started filling quite late.
Had similar experiences with most other super autos.

Cheers

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeowza...thanks. 150 days...can do photos for that time frame and far less days for maturity. Still, an impressive plant and obvious yield. Well done!

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks,
yes that's my thinking too. Photos will do the same time with similar or better results...but...
If you take a Thai or Haze photoperiod plant will only start flowering in september/october so these superautoflowering tropical sativas have some appeal to me. The super af hybrids much less so.
That was precisely my goal with growing these, to get as close possible to a tropical sativa and grow it in my latitude above 45N.
Must say the results were mostly good for all the effort I put in.
Later I switched to LaBuenaHierba's semi autoflowers and got more manageable and earlier plants with better yields but less "sativa" vibe, so these Flash autoflowers still have a place in my heart.

Cheers

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I popped a couple of [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FLASH SEEDS[/FONT] Super Autos on October 1st, and I'm having issues with both plants.

1-Amazing Cherry. I flipped them on November 1st because she was getting so leggy. Just started showing pre-flowers in the last week. It's over 5 feet tall. Everything I've read on them doesn't give a harvest time. Do they EVER flower to the point of being harvested?

2-Stitch's Love Potion. Also flipped on November 1st for the same reason. She's been flowering, but she seems to be putting out 3 to 5 inch larfy skinny foxtails. There's hardly anything to the buds. I can't see them fattening up to produce anything worth smoking. And again-she's taking her sweet old time. They're supposed to go from seed to harvest in 75-ish days, and it's been over 2 months, and she doesn't look like she'll be ready any time soon.

Is there some magical secret I'm missing?
If with 'flipped', you mean switching to a 12/12 light cycle - that's completely unnecessary.

You could even put them on 24/0 light schedule, and it wouldn't change flowering cycle.

If the plants are getting leggy, there are two options:

1. Too little light
2. Too little potassium and
3. You need to prune

Superautos are larger plants because they veg longer than the usual autoflowering plants. Flash Seeds autos are based on a Mexican Ruderalis plant, where most autos are based on Eastern European Ruderalis.

And Flash Seeds is great. I'm mainly smoking weed derived from their seed, because the Superautos are so easy to grow, especially when you automate the rest of the grow, using supersoil and a water reservoir in the pots.

I just wonder when they'll get their website back up though.

Koondense

Veteran
That's funny,
the pictures used to rapresent the varieties are wrong. My muay thai pic is labled as critical chaze and the copacabana is actually my Super cali haze plant.
Been this way for a couple of years already.

Cheers

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Flash seeds - junk buyer beware...
Flash Seeds is awesome. Their Super Autos have massive yields. Their Panama Lime Green is a cross of Columbia Mangobiche and Mexican Ruderalis. I've grown Muay Thai, Jamaica Berry and Copacabana. You can just grow them outdoors because they autoflower, no hassle with light dep.