What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Michael

dddaver

Veteran
I live about 25 miles north of Panama City. HORRIBLE! Just horrible. I just got my power back about an hour ago. 20 days.

Verizon was totally out. For a long time. Still spotty. I usually can't get on internet with my phone still. Since 80% of people here have Verizon, people are PISSED. So Verizon is giving 3 months of free service and putting in 5G here next year.

I'm retired Air Force. I've been to Korea, Qatar, Saudi, and many other places. I was with the first wave of Americans into Kosovo. But nothing compares to this. Utter devastation.

People right after the storm were unbelievable. Neighbors helping neighbors. Cutting your neighbor out of their house with a chainsaw. The first thing anybody said to somebody was, "Are you alright?" But now you can see people getting desperate.

My house stood up okay. A few siding panels blew off Carport roof blew off. Huge tree fell on my well house but still works. Another huge tree uprooted. 5 or 6 smaller trees down. Branches broken off everywhere. All leaves gone. But it's weird. Buds already. Flowers too. Birds and squirrels the day after the storm. Where did they hide?I think mother nature does that as a reaction to devastation.

But I'm in the very small minority. MOST houses are damaged. Some just wiped out. Looters have become a bad problem.

And I was trained how to live off MREs. Conserve. Drink massive amounts of water. Etc. But there were some with absolutely nothing but the clothes on their back.

There is a new tag line: 850strong or #850strong. Copying Boston I suppose.Even a song from it. But we WILL be back, dammit.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Damn ddd...glad to hear you are doing well,but our hearts go out to the vast number of folks suffering.Most folks could never fathom an event like this happening to them.

Imagine for a minute those folks who are not physically able to do what is necessary to survive.That is why it is so important to remember..that we have to look out for one another,and extend a hand to those unable to fend for themselves.

St. Phatty

Glad you made it.

Did any Cannabis plants survive the power interruptions ?

Sounds like Puerto Rico after that storm last year.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Puerto Rico is still in bad shape and Michael/Panama City seem to be yesterdays news with all that's happened last week.

I'm glad dddaver's OK but I'm betting a lot of his neighbors won't be returning, can't imagine what it's like to lose everything.:frown:

Sure hope this situation gets the attention it deserves.:tiphat:

dddaver

Veteran
Glad you made it.

Did any Cannabis plants survive the power interruptions ?

Sounds like Puerto Rico after that storm last year.

Yuh, but we're 'Merican dammit. Not like them pinko bastads. :biggrin:

I'm pretty sure most guerilla grows were toast. But some might have made it. Hardy plant. Seen a lot of weird shit too.

I'm a micro grower. Right after the storm I took my plants out and put them in a corner that has big windows on each side of it. Flowered right away. Stretching now. C99/Sweet Skunk and another Sweet Skunk female. They are thriving. Maybe best I ever grew. I also chopped a Sweet Skunk male and put the cut top with balls in water with a bottom cut off a clear 2 liter soda bottle over it at the other end of the house.

My plan is to pollen chuck what I can, paint a couple lower buds and hopefully make some more seeds. Done it before. Works like a champ.

Wanna save those great genetics. The place I used to order from in BC Canada took their seed ordering page off their website.

Thanks for all the good wishes. Love you guys.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Holy crap dddaver!
Sound like one hell-of-a experience.

Best of luck getting everything back in order.
:tiphat: