What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SensiSeeds/Dutch Passion reborn

baduy

On a side note I grew 2 SS super skunk in 2014, got two very different phenos one was very skunky the other one very Afghani, found the skunky one boring and weak and the Afghani one too narcotic for my taste but potent, easy to grow and a big yelder. They were both ready first week of October. Also grew silver pearl ans early skunk which were a big disapointment, had nothing in common with the originals I enjoyed so much in the late 90's. It felt like they washed out all their good strains with some some not so good skunk male and a potent but a bit too dominant Afghani.
Think about all the amazing plants that came from their Jack Herer, now it seems like nobody has found a good Jack pheno in a pack for years, I'd bet you'd find another Afghani hybrid.
On the other hands some posters have found some good individuals from MLI which seems not to have changed, maybe this dominant Afghani male is simply MLI, that would explain a lot
Just my two cents

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
I always thought about giving their jack a spin, but lack of grow reports combined with steep prices has put me off.
Maybe one day...

Nico Farmer

I forgot Maple leaf indica and Jack Flash, from SS, not bad but not good.
and Orange bud from DP, two Times and boring to times.

Dp has great Genetics stock for outdoor hard climates. Been using a passion 1 male for years developing my outdoor strains. It will basically make anything mold resistant and more photosensitive.

W

Water-

Well Desfran is such a complete dishonest knock off that we shouldn't even talk about this one, shame on DP for taking the benefits from someone else's work
Loved their Durban in the times but every time I tried it since 2004 it gave me some uninteresting early bloomers with a dull high and no anise smell which is the main thing I'm looking for in a Durban

i find that self rightious stuff a bit funny.

i asked charlie about it and he said no worries.

its one phenotype.

Destoyer has a lot more variety.

maybe you know better.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
last time I smoked some hempstar from icmag member. what a joke! :D I guess customers of DP are those who dont mind lower quality..

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I forgot,sensi original skunk,5/5 germed,a classic skunk of late '90,i have 1/2 pack on freezer....

two weeks ago I got some ancestral skunks to smoke, hehe I dont know maybe its me, but I cant find the reason why to bother with it at all.. good chemdog cross will beat it in any department.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
i find that self rightious stuff a bit funny.

i asked charlie about it and he said no worries.

its one phenotype.

Destoyer has a lot more variety.

maybe you know better.

yeah They need to steal someone´s else work, a bit water it down, and sell it with nice description and package, thats their "breeding"- :D I would go with charlie for destroyer if I want top quality.

W

Water-

yeah They need to steal someone´s else work, a bit water it down, and sell it with nice description and package, thats their "breeding"- :D I would go with charlie for destroyer if I want top quality.

actually they say they aquired a clone in south america and did not breed it.

you are a clown

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
ok thanks. you are too clever, but Im glad we both agreed on no breeding. just big company wiht no breeding programs or conception, Im fine with it.

I grew a lot of early skunks and shiva skunks back in the days. every other pheno was keeper, after they turned from 15seeds packs to 10 seeds it was nearly impossible to find decent pheno in one pack, so around 2006 I went with h3ad seeds and other american "hooby" breeders :D and never looked back.. anyway what seems to me like a bullshit and joke is that guy is saying hes gonna try to avoid american breeders, and is going to buy glue - from american hobbyist - crossed with blueberry that was created by american breeder. is first post some kind of joke :D ???? dutch passion - that title seems to me like good joke too haha

Sorry maybe there are many good breeders in USA, sure they are...

But companies like Cali Connection make me think a bit...

It is strange that everyone is talking about sensi loosing their mothrs but anyone is sure. But everyone, even the last grower noob is talking about it like a fact...

Just to be honest

W

Water-

ok thanks. you are too clever, but Im glad we both agreed on no breeding. just big company wiht no breeding programs or conception, Im fine with it.

if you are fine with it than why are taking the time to whine about it?

what companies have breeding programs that meet your righteous standards?

Destroyer was made by crossing other peoples work and is not a stable breed.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran

I don't think that....destroyer was a cross of three landrace cultivar.....

apart from the issue usa vs eu, which does not matter, I would like to see less copies of the same clone (perhaps crossed with other), rather I would like to find the big strain that are no longer around ...

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
it is obvious that in the late 90s most of the sb have lost their mothers, it is more than a chat, and is visible to everyone, but crying is useless ...
I'm just wondering why none of these seedbanks do not select the best f2 from the missing logs, the clientele would certainly not miss .....

Koondense

Veteran

I hope you realise how different these approaches to seed making are, one being a breeder dedicating time and passion towards breeding a variety out of acquired seeds(by making contacts, friends and who knows what), the other being a seed company taking a clone of that guy's(kaiki) work, selfing it and creating profit. Without asking or any mentioning of the breeder.
If you think these are same things, there's nothing to talk about.

Cheers

W

Water-

I don't think that....destroyer was a cross of three landrace cultivar.....

apart from the issue usa vs eu, which does not matter, I would like to see less copies of the same clone (perhaps crossed with other), rather I would like to find the big strain that are no longer around ...

people did many years of work to create those landraces and some one else went out and found them.

the mystery early mexican part is a bit suspect as well.
He says he doesnt know where it came from.
id like to see Destroyer genetically tested to see how skunk it is or not.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
The mexican part is mihoacan,i dont remember where i read it,pheraps on cbg forum,but i remember kaiki told that...
I do not come to make battles but do you really think that thing about the landraces? we do not joke, obviously I thank every day the Mexican farmers, Indians and all the others, who risked and lost their lives for their beloved cultivars, and they still do , with hard work,but there is a difference between a wide selection of seeds and a selected sample, you have to take into account the selection, the work of the grower, the experience, it is different from the large-scale farmer ....
I hope my english is good,is not my first language....

W

Water-

i have no interest in battles either.

i am not intending to bash or discredit CBG in anyway.
remember they said Dutch Passion issue was no worries.

I travel and collect and seeds and make my own crosses and purchase seeds as well.

This borrowing and crossing of genetics has been happening for thousands of years.

If I discovered something special I would not care if somebody made an S1 and sold them and gave me no credit.

If I did it would only be my ego speaking or capitalist greed.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
If anyone from sensi is reading, it might be time to sprinkle some testers around and showcase your strains a little... after all, reputation only goes so far these days- it’s a different age. :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts