What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are there any reputable LED lights that are NOT Blurple?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I would like to swap my 1000w HPS for a comparable LED.

I totally hate blurple lights. I bought 2 LEDs so far. A Mars and something else. I hate them. The plants look like crap. I like green plants, not purple. LOL The blurple light bothers my eyes if I'm in the room for long. I spent 25 buxs on those stupid glasses and they suck.

I built my own light from some COBs and I love the color (91 CRI) but I am not real comfortable running something I built as many hours as I run my lights. I would rather have a reputable company who builds these LED lights and knows what they are doing.

With that said, anyone aware of a nice LED light that meets my needs?

When searching, I'm not sure what to look for. CRI ratings are not often listed for grow lights.

I would like to keep the cost reasonable. Not cheapo, but reasonable.

Thanks

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I dont like the blurple either, but the mars is good brand from what i understand. Hope this is of some help.

The mars series is a top notch Led brand. They use 5m chips which not a lot of Led companies use at the moment. I have switch completely over to Mars series for led lights. A Mars 300 cost $60 and will yield easily over 1 gpw. I'm using a Mars 300 and a 400 watt HPS in my 5' x 5' x 7' tents, my yields are up to 2 pounds per tent.

Dr.King:
4 plants 3gal pots coco 2.5-3lbs 580 watts light.
It sure is achievable. Lots of top notch growers currently hitting that mark and above. Anytime anyone needs some information about how to hit 2+ gpw check my thread out or feel free to pm me, no worries :tiphat:.

My old keeper Chemdog. I was hitting 2.5-3 pounds with 4 rounds per year under 500 watts in a 5' x '5 x 7' tent.

Here Is Dr.king's Thread Hitting 2+ gpw going for more (Ace, Bog, GHS)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=318715

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Thanks very much guys. I am checking into them. I am getting ready to do a room remodel after the next crop so this info is good.

Thanks again

OldCoolSativa

Fluence Bioengineering. High-end shit. About 3x the cost of home-made COBs. All passively cooled, so no fans to consume electricity, make noise and break.

Muleskinner

Veteran
Fluence VyperX+ is only $1.70 per watt for a 525 watt light ($900), that's not 3x the cost of home-made COBs which I believe are around $1.20 per watt.

I've got a full-spectrum P.L. Light Hortiled Top and it's an outstanding white LED light, a little pricier than Fluence.

btw you should always wear eye protection with colored (blurple) LED fixtures and really the same is true for the white ones.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I don't think these can be beat right now

I don't think these can be beat right now

Horticultural Lighting Group quantum boards - not 1 blurple in the product line up

He has them on Amazon now. It's pure white light and the price is right. I have tried several as well and these are favorites. The cobs are great but with these on boards it spreads the light a little nicer. I like the 100 watts covering 2x2.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Ive seen Fluence in action. Pretty impressive stuff.
I just received my second SpydrxPlus yesterday. The first one is in the
flower room producing incredibly dense buds without generating incredible amount of heat.

They're not cheap @$1500, but that covers a 5x5 area.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
He has them on Amazon now. It's pure white light and the price is right. I have tried several as well and these are favorites. The cobs are great but with these on boards it spreads the light a little nicer. I like the 100 watts covering 2x2.

I don't have the newest generation SPYDR (mine is the father of what's available now), but my 600 does a really nice job. When I selected the spectrums I went a little light on the 630s, but, my Amare Technologies SE 250 (250w) compares quite favorably. It is a hybrid with a ring of monos surrounding each CoB. The rings are on a separate o/o switch which allows the user to light clones or seedlings without wasting energy. available with 25% discount makes them even more attractive

If interested to see both in action growing the same strain, visit my thread

OldCoolSativa

Fluence VyperX+ is only $1.70 per watt for a 525 watt light ($900), that's not 3x the cost of home-made COBs which I believe are around $1.20 per watt.

I stand corrected. It's been a while since I last checked process or built a COB fixture but my cost is around $1/W. That's a pretty good deal at $1.70/W.

TheBlaze

I just received my second SpydrxPlus yesterday. The first one is in the
flower room producing incredibly dense buds without generating incredible amount of heat.

They're not cheap @$1500, but that covers a 5x5 area.

Yeah, the spydrx plus was plenty impressive, but I really have my eye on that vyprx plus. It is intense, and the spread is way better than you would expect from that light. I'm very tempted to run it as supplemental lighting with a few gavitas.

Muleskinner

Veteran
I stand corrected. It's been a while since I last checked process or built a COB fixture but my cost is around $1/W. That's a pretty good deal at $1.70/W.

seems reasonable - build it yourself for $1/watt, or have the Fluence robots do it for you for 70% more. robots don't work cheap!

buzzmobile

Veteran
seems reasonable - build it yourself for $1/watt, or have the Fluence robots do it for you for 70% more. robots don't work cheap!

Their robots do good work.:tiphat:
attachment.php

Attachments

• P5221542.jpg
    P5221542.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 20
  • P5221543.jpg
    P5221543.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 20
  • P5221544.jpg
    P5221544.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 22

Muleskinner

Veteran
nice Spyder! is that Physiospec indoor or greenhouse? I find myself liking greenhouse better, I wonder which one yields better though.

Latest posts

Latest posts