What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD Oil so whats the deal?

LostTribe

Premium user
I want to begin by stating it is far past time for us to open a CBD forum here as this cannabinoid is obviously here to stay and is becoming more important with each passing day.

I have been looking for information on CBD Oil for not only consumption via edible form but have also seen a lot of info on vaporizing. Health benefits obviously are the main concern with any CBD related product as there is no psychoactive high.

Known uses abound including epilepsy as the main use for many sick folks and their beloved children.

What products have you guys tried out and what were your reactions and reviews of the various available products found online?

Is there a recommended site to check out different products?

Best,
LT

superglue

i grow a zdt f3 that is 16:1 which when harvested has the mono terps extracted,then the cannabinoids are extracted and then distilled
the terps are then added back and the combined product is about 80% cbd-5% thc-15% terps
it is consumed with a vaporesso ccell in a tank atomizer,typical vaping rig but the ccell is ceramic so it has a decent flavor
easy peasy, turn it on,take a few puffs,pass to the wife,turn it off

it eases aches and nerve pains and chills us out so we sleep good

I could be wrong but I believe vaping CBD oil is about the least effective means in which to realize the benefits. Just years of observing the vape market and talking to CBD users leads me to believe that. I think edibles or other means to ingest CBD are way more effective.

sadpanda

DigitalMan: on the other hand, try keeping edibles down and waiting an hour for them to kick in while you can't stop throwing up from chemotherapy. Sometimes vaping/smoking is the only choice, but a very handy one to have at that, especially with the rapid onset of relief.

superglue

I could be wrong but I believe vaping CBD oil is about the least effective means in which to realize the benefits. Just years of observing the vape market and talking to CBD users leads me to believe that. I think edibles or other means to ingest CBD are way more effective.

maybe
the wife just handed me the atomizer and it seems to work pretty good
do i want to eat it? no...don't need it plugging up my liver for 12 hours
do i want to smell like it? no

" Just years of observing the vape market and talking to CBD users leads me to believe that"

between the wife and i...we have nearly a century of experience and she has a full medical background and i have of many things a fully functional gc-fid (actually 3) to verify exactly what we are consuming
plus
we actually are consuming cbd

so
what are your qualifications again?

maybe

" Just years of observing the vape market and talking to CBD users leads me to believe that"

between the wife and i...we have nearly a century of experience and she has a full medical background and i have of many things a fully functional gc-fid (actually 3) to verify exactly what we are consuming
plus

so

Don't wish to get into a debate........... let's just say I'm in a retail arena and can witness what moves and what does not as well as feedback from users. That's all. Just an opinion.

PDX Dopesmoker

Dispensaries here can't keep high CBD concentrates in stock even though most wholesalers sell them at substantial premium when compared to their high THC stuff. CBD edibles also sell nicely, but they're general more expensive than dabs when measuring CBD/$
High CBD flower is also popular

LostTribe

Premium user
maybe

plus

so

Newbs,

You don't need to be posting like that in any forum around here unless you want to get straight banned permanently. Especially in this forum which should not have any hyped up hostility period.

LostTribe

Premium user
I have been around the block a long time. I know that the smoking or vaping of THC is not beneficial relating to treatment of cancer atleast with respect to killing the cancer cells and keeping the victims alive. I would think the same ought to apply with CBD but do concede that if someone is on chemo and cannot keep food down at all then they might benefit from a toke before attempting to consume edibles.

For cancer treatment the recommended treatment dosage has been 1 gram of 90% THC oil per day for a period of 90 days. Beginning with a piece the size of a grain of rice and working up to a full gram.

Anyone know what the highest CBD strain with the lowest amount of THC is on the market today? I have heard of Harlequin but it is 7:7 percentage wise. I am interested as some here are in areas where only CBD products containing less than 3% THC is allowable.

LostTribe

Premium user
i grow a zdt f3 that is 16:1 which when harvested has the mono terps extracted,then the cannabinoids are extracted and then distilled
the terps are then added back and the combined product is about 80% cbd-5% thc-15% terps
it is consumed with a vaporesso ccell in a tank atomizer,typical vaping rig but the ccell is ceramic so it has a decent flavor
easy peasy, turn it on,take a few puffs,pass to the wife,turn it off

it eases aches and nerve pains and chills us out so we sleep good

I also have great doubt that fractional distillation is suitable at all regarding true medicinal usage as with fractional distillation many other cannabinoids will effectively be removed during the process. Maybe GW would disagree but I have a feeling the "clear" is not ideally suited for such uses.

LostTribe

Premium user
Dispensaries here can't keep high CBD concentrates in stock even though most wholesalers sell them at substantial premium when compared to their high THC stuff. CBD edibles also sell nicely, but they're general more expensive than dabs when measuring CBD/$
High CBD flower is also popular

I have a lot of interest in the Charlottes Web cutting hear its high CBD....

PDX Dopesmoker

Swiss Tsunami is the cut the local CBDheads seems to be chasing, over 24% CBDA on some lab results & about 1:25 THC:CBD. The one guy I know who has it doesn't want to share, but there are a lot of strains out there now which push 20% CBD.

superglue

I also have great doubt that fractional distillation is suitable at all regarding true medicinal usage as with fractional distillation many other cannabinoids will effectively be removed during the process. Maybe GW would disagree but I have a feeling the "clear" is not ideally suited for such uses.

you have great doubt and a feeling? ok

gw would disagree because he has logic and science

i have a gc-fid and with that i can see what is in the plant then with distillation i can seperate those components and reconfigure them as i desire so there is no deciding between charlottes web or swiss tsunami as i can combine however i like

you mention other cannabinoids will be removed...exactly what other cannabinoids?
i keep seeing posters parrot crap they don't really understand like the phantom cannabinoid or my favorite is flavonoid because it sounds like a flavor

as i have already stated, i know what is in the plant already,zero mysterious cannabinoids are vanishing

what i am rejecting in recombination? ketones, flavonoids, anthocyans..basically shit i don't want in my consumables...if i wanted that crap i would just smoke paint thinner over maple leaves as it is basically the same crap, if i want chlorophyll? i'll eat a salad

sadpanda

The one guy I know who has it doesn't want to share.
Tell that loser he's a complete and utter c***, and that he's not the only person on the planet with a 20% CBD cut and there's obviously a LOT MORE ON THE NEAR HORIZON, so it's no loss to you or anyone else, just the only person on the planet not willing to share it so he might as well tattoo L on his forehead, and get it underlined. All he's withholding is medicine, not some amazing high, so it's even more disturbing how FITH he is by thinking he's so "elite" by holding a medicinal cut to himself. What a sad, sad puppy he must be.

Anyway fast forward just say, i dunno, maybe 2 years from now when it becomes really easy to find ~20:1 CBD:THC cuts ... all of a sudden he's no longer "elite" for having a cut that anyone and his dog can now get, but he'll FOREVER BE THAT C*** WHO DIDN'T SHARE MEDICINE WHEN GIVEN THE CHANCE!!!

superglue

Tell that loser he's a complete and utter c***, and that he's not the only person on the planet with a 20% CBD cut and there's obviously a LOT MORE ON THE NEAR HORIZON, so it's no loss to you or anyone else, just the only person on the planet not willing to share it so he might as well tattoo L on his forehead, and get it underlined. All he's withholding is medicine, not some amazing high, so it's even more disturbing how FITH he is by thinking he's so "elite" by holding a medicinal cut to himself. What a sad, sad puppy he must be.

Anyway fast forward just say, i dunno, maybe 2 years from now when it becomes really easy to find ~20:1 CBD:THC cuts ... all of a sudden he's no longer "elite" for having a cut that anyone and his dog can now get, but he'll FOREVER BE THAT C*** WHO DIDN'T SHARE MEDICINE WHEN GIVEN THE CHANCE!!!

actually..you with your experience playing with chromatography can take a sample from a 6 week old seedling and identify which ones will be cbd dominant
you may be able to utilize younger seedlings but i have only used 6 week for my tests so i don't know if younger will work
testing didn't give me finished potency numbers but was pretty accurate regarding ratio

sadpanda

superglue i've got no idea how young/early you can test plants for CBD with TLC (and ive not had the chance to do any TLC on any growing plant matter yet due to current lack of said access!) ... i would've guessed a week into flowering might've been the earliest?! but it'd be amazing if we're able to get a rough idea just from young vegging leaves. (in the meantime i remain sceptical but hopeful, lol)
So you're saying you've done TLC tests with vegging plants at just 6 weeks and that turned out reliable enough in regards to THC:CBD of the final flowered outcome?? the THC:CBD ratio is essentially already determined by that early stage? (in which case the ratio is probably already determined in its DNA while its a seed!?) Ive gotta stop wondering out loud lol

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
actually..you with your experience playing with chromatography can take a sample from a 6 week old seedling and identify which ones will be cbd dominant
you may be able to utilize younger seedlings but i have only used 6 week for my tests so i don't know if younger will work
testing didn't give me finished potency numbers but was pretty accurate regarding ratio

Not going to work at all. An unfinished plant is simply that UNFINISHED!

superglue

superglue i've got no idea how young/early you can test plants for CBD with TLC (and ive not had the chance to do any TLC on any growing plant matter yet due to current lack of said access!) ... i would've guessed a week into flowering might've been the earliest?! but it'd be amazing if we're able to get a rough idea just from young vegging leaves. (in the meantime i remain sceptical but hopeful, lol)
So you're saying you've done TLC tests with vegging plants at just 6 weeks and that turned out reliable enough in regards to THC:CBD of the final flowered outcome?? the THC:CBD ratio is essentially already determined by that early stage? (in which case the ratio is probably already determined in its DNA while its a seed!?) Ive gotta stop wondering out loud lol

i wasn't asking i was telling

here is a post i made on another forum sept 1 2014

"i ran some zdt from @symbiote420 through my gc at 6 weeks from seed..(leaf tissue)
3 females and one male showed promise with higher cbd then thc ratio's..
i let all the females pollinate with the cbd dominate male for some test beans..
i ran left over seed calyx's from all the females and the same three showed 3 parts thc to 4 parts cbd..
now have some off spring from the cbd dominate male and one of the cbd dominate females to see if these may breed true
hope so"

tlc may not be as resolute as gc or hplc but it will get the job done

LostTribe

Premium user
i wasn't asking i was telling

here is a post i made on another forum sept 1 2014

We don't care go away....jeeze this is like the dude that just keeps trying to hang out with your crew and your finally like why are you still here again?

On with the thread now!

I have been researching quite a few strains and have come to the conclusion that searching for specific cuttings is not really worthwhile. Most CBD strains like resin seeds Cannatonic are known to give out different cannabinoid profiles from seed to seed. Some high thc low cbd, some low thc with high cbd and some mixed. I saw the test results they posted and can confirm that.

A lot of CBD seeds are known to produce a high cbd to thc ratio when running an entire pack. Cannatonic makes it seem reasonably possible to locate a 20:1 CBD to THC plant within a run of just 10 seeds.

Also as for treatment of various ailments most doctors are recommending infused edibles and in pill form. For the most part I am finding tinctures made with various fatty oils online mainly coconut oil but others too. Has anyone tried any of the tinctures?