What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

i don't like the word 'crossed'..

L

larry badiner

people should say they discovered their plants phenotype..

sadpanda

so instead of "i took one strain and crossed it with another strain" you want people to say "i took one strain and discovered its phenotype with another" ?!?!???

anyway..... CROSSEDCROSSEDCROSSEDCROSSEDCROSSEDCROSSEDCROSSEDCROSSEDCROSSEDCROSSEDCROSSEDCROSSEDCROSSEDCROSSEDCROSSED. KRIS CROSSED WILL MAKE YOU... CROSSED, CROSSED.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Intolerance is intolerable.

Wtf do you mean you don't like the word crossed?
Find a more appropriate term & get the world hooked on it then.
Until then, the term CROSSED will have to do.

Tynehead Tom

LOL this thread makes no sense whatsoever.
the OP's statement is confused in itself. not trying to offend but...???? What?

crossing = take a male and a female, usually of different varieties, similar or different, and make seeds.
the act of crossing produces plants that express themselves differently or similarily. The different expressions found as a result of a cross are to be considered the phenotype expressions of the cross.
the cross is not the phenotype.... as in I am going to take hashplant A and "phenotype" it to Blueberry plant B...... that is incorrect and a missuse of the word phenotype.

a cross is a cross..... if you don't like the word cross..... call it mating or copulating or ????
but phenotype is not the word yer looking for son.

HOVA

Veteran
The things people say and do to get attention lol
You and donald trump have my vote buddy lmao

THSi

NeEbQvg.gif

L

larry badiner

why the hostility? i was only trying to help you guys out. if you don't like my thread don't be an asshole please. we have enough of those on the internet already.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
so instead of "i took one strain and crossed it with another strain" you want people to say "i took one strain and discovered its phenotype with another" ?!?!???

In my mind this would only make sense if each hybrid only produced 1 phenotype.

Which we know is not the case.

How would the op describe the differences in outward appearance between siblings of the same pairing?

What about differences in outward appearance between different rooms (or different area of the room) of the same clone?

I have been wondering about these terms for a while.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
why the hostility? i was only trying to help you guys out. if you don't like my thread don't be an asshole please. we have enough of those on the internet already.

The only hostility is that in your mind....

We're all really just ROTFFLOFAO at you & your ignorant comment!

Don't worry though...
It's OK to be offended.
You may figure out why it's so damn funny to us later on down the road once you gain a little more experience in life.

S

sourpuss

How about the word flush? Whats ur take on that term being thrown around.