What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Acapulco Gold

Cernunnos

This is a Mexican heirloom that is called Acapulco Gold. it's been explained to me that this has been maintained and kept by a Mexican breeder and this was grown inside from those seeds obtained in Mexico. To my eye they posses some gnarly ancient looking features but I know there are brothers here who post on the IC boards with alot of experience about Mexicans. I have never tried any.

So, I'm posting this here for those who are interested and would like to contribute anything and thoughts on how this heirloom looks. I have a friend who has the seed of these, I'm sure he'd value any input in regard to these plants.

I will ask if there's any more photos of the AG.

mexicani-ar

This is a Mexican heirloom that is called Acapulco Gold. it's been explained to me that this has been maintained and kept by a Mexican breeder and this was grown inside from those seeds obtained in Mexico. To my eye they posses some gnarly ancient looking features but I know there are brothers here who post on the IC boards with alot of experience about Mexicans. I have never tried any.

So, I'm posting this here for those who are interested and would like to contribute anything and thoughts on how this heirloom looks. I have a friend who has the seed of these, I'm sure he'd value any input in regard to these plants.

I will ask if there's any more photos of the AG.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=68197&pictureid=1620032&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Hey cernunnos , check out this Bodhi Acapulco Gold, Day 27 of flowering 11/13 - on/off, saludos mexicani-ar

Attachments

• 20160630_083003.jpg
    20160630_083003.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 20160630_082812.jpg
    20160630_082812.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 64

satva

Veteran
Cernunnos, the Acapulco Gold looks good. Hopefully, it has a good flowering structure and resin production.

Last edited:

mexicani-ar

Bodhi Acapulco Gold female

Bodhi Acapulco Gold female

Attachments

• 20160702_080053.jpg
    20160702_080053.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 70

satva

Veteran
Acapulco Gold

Snowhigh's Acapulco Gold, all pictures and plants grown by Snowcap. - Snowhigh's and Bodhi's Acapulco Gold look like the real deal to me. I smoked Acapulco Gold in 1972. I'm growing Copaltia Oaxacan, another variety from the Sierra Madre Sur mountains. Hopefully, I'll find a gold pheno-type.

Snowhigh's pictures originally posted on Cannabiogen Club, thread "California Love".

Snowhigh's Acapuclo Gold looks pure sativa based on the 18 degree latitude of the Guerrero region of Mexico ~ Sierra Madre Del Sur mountains. I'd guess flowering on a pure highland Acapulco Gold at 15 - 16 weeks, compared to 16 - 24 weeks for a pure Colombian like Punto Rojo.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

mexicani-ar

Reeferman AG cut

Reeferman AG cut

Hey Satva, really looking forward to your updates on the Oaxaca Copalita, do you know anything about reeferman AG cut, I recently saw it on an old thread here on ic, does the cut still exist?

Attachments

• 593RMs_AG_plant4.jpg
    593RMs_AG_plant4.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 593RMs_AG_plant.jpg
    593RMs_AG_plant.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

satva

Veteran
Acapuclo Gold - Reeferman

Acapuclo Gold - Reeferman

Does Reeferman's Acapulco Gold have good flowering structure and resin production? Looks leafy to me.

One AG grow report on Icmag looked awesome, but the grower posted a smoke report that said something like the high lacked strength. Chimera's 1973 Highland Guerrero x Blueberry is a strong dense high.

Copalita Oaxacan (CO) has a cleaner, clearer high, neither CO or HMBB are as strong or psycedelic as early 1970's Acapulco Gold.

2010 Copalita Oaxacan, mid-flowering from clone, and flowers from recent harvest.

Mexican pheno similar growth to Punto Rojo

Asymetrical branching pheno.

Last edited:

Cernunnos

Do you have any more info on that outdoor AG?

As far as I know those pictures are both from the same seed. I don't have anymore information than that at the moment. I didn't ask specifics about the Mexican breeder/s who hold these. It is a sensitive thing and they still wish to not be known.

Though my friend and contact maybe able to answer questions that are more specific about where the seeds came from etc

If you message me I'll help you with any questions if you want to know more.

Best vibes :tiphat:

Cernunnos

Cernunnos, the Acapulco Gold looks good. Hopefully, it has a good flowering structure and resin production.

Aye satva, that's it. Ideally, it's got some substance to it and it can hold it's own. Us sativa lovers will be in like flynn. These are said to be the real deal, time will tell. Though, I'm very optimistic about these AGs, I will be starting some soon along with some other Mexicans that will need to be grown and observed to see if they are the real thing and not hybridised.

Cheers mate :tiphat:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does Reeferman's Acapulco Gold have good flowering structure and resin production? Looks leafy to me.

One AG grow report on Icmag looked awesome, but the grower posted a smoke report that said something like the high lacked strength. Chimera's 1973 Highland Guerrero x Blueberry is a strong dense high.

Copalita Oaxacan (CO) has a cleaner, clearer high, neither CO or HMBB are as strong or psycedelic as early 1970's Acapulco Gold.

2010 Copalita Oaxacan, mid-flowering from clone, and flowers from recent harvest.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65726&pictureid=1617130View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65726&pictureid=1617128View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65726&pictureid=1617127View Image
Mexican pheno similar growth to Punto Rojo
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65904&pictureid=1617160View Image
Asymetrical branching pheno.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63167&pictureid=1617140View Image

Will take your word on it, I never had Acapulco Gold. Of course you were newer to smoking and memories are sometimes not exact. I am guessing the smoke was more trippy but youth can not be fully taken out of the equation.

I have pictures of early 70's Guerrero plants and mexicani-ar has a plant that looks quite similar. This may be the real thing.

If you can finish your plants in the high altitude mountains without glass getting in the way, I could see you getting some of the original Mexican mountain effect.

I now have the hm x bb and the bohdi AG seeds. Hope to find some trippy effects there. Eskobar is coming out with a Guerrero soon, or I hope soon. Said to be strongest of the Mexicans he has.

I am gonna grow with white LED and finish with 10,000 K fluoros and uvb lizard cfl. I hope I can trick the plants into getting trippy like they do in the Sierra Madre.

SeedyPast

. . Eskobar is coming out with a Guerrero soon, or I hope soon. Said to be strongest of the Mexicans he has .

Will have to keep an eye out for these, Eskobar definitely has a good reputation. I'm watching the Bodhi and BSC Acapulco Gold grows closely, as I'm holding beans from both, but never have the ability to run as many numbers or strains as I'd like in a given season.

Cernunnos

So no background story for any of these supposed Acapulco Golds?

The background story was in the original post. They have been sourced from within Mexico from a breeder who has maintained them. My friend and contact has family in Mexico. He is involved in the sourcing of them. Whether they are authentic or not, I cannot say but I have his word for it and that is enough for me now. In time they will come to reveal themselves as they are grown and maturity time comes. There may be a few Aussies growing some this season coming I suspect.

@ Yesum, Eskobars Mexicans hold a great interest for me also. His Jalisco sounds great. My friend has a Jalisco also, it'd be great to see them side by side. :tiphat:

corky1968

Veteran
Cernunnos, were you told how long they flower for?

I'm guessing anything over 12 weeks is probably legit and not crossed with an Indica.

satva

Veteran
I'm guessing + 16 weeks for a pure sativa grown originally at 18 degrees latitude in the Guerrero mountain region(s).

Chimera's 1973 Highland Guerrero x Blueberry is + 12 - 14 weeks, and Copalita Oaxacan is + 16 weeks.

Cernunnos

Cernunnos, were you told how long they flower for?

I'm guessing anything over 12 weeks is probably legit and not crossed with an Indica.

Hi Corky. I didn't ask, so I asked my friend today, he doesn't seem to know haha. It seems Mexicans don't talk about flowering times, I'm a Mexican also to those north of me :bigeye: Sorry not be able to answer your question. It looks like we just have to wait and see. It's all apart of the legend and mystery surfacing :biggrin: The chances are high for some outdoor grows with some of these Acapulcos in the Aussie season ahead, so hold on to the hat of scrutiny.. There'll be a bunch of us looking at them up and down.

Last edited: