What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fractal Design Define XL - PC grow cabinet

roflio

Starting week 5 of flowering (this is an 8-9 week strain):

I guess I should've let them veg for 1-2 more weeks to efficiently utilize the height space available, but oh well, still not bad for a first grow, I guess :)

ThatSauce

Nice! What strain(s?) are you running?
Like the zip ties round the edges idea, I'll remember that one.
Best of luck, I'll be watchin!

The ladies look nice and healthy.
Do you feed them nutes? What's the pot size/soil volume? - they do not seem to be quite big. Might that be because of an intense light?
Good grow! Will be watching to see the harvest.

roflio

Nice! What strain(s?) are you running?
Like the zip ties round the edges idea, I'll remember that one.
Best of luck, I'll be watchin!
The strain of both plants is Kushage.

The ladies look nice and healthy.
Do you feed them nutes? What's the pot size/soil volume? - they do not seem to be quite big. Might that be because of an intense light?
Good grow! Will be watching to see the harvest.
Yes, I feed them BioBizz Grow + Bloom + Alg-A-Mic. The pot size is somewhat small due to space constraints, roughly 15x15x15. The reason plants are somewhat small is because this is my first grow, I was really worried anticipating the 3 week growth spurt in early flowering. That combined with my fear of getting the plants burned by getting too close to the lamp, I guess I flipped from veg to flower 1-2 weeks too early.

roflio

I am in the middle of flush, but being the impatient me I sliced off a bit and gave it a smoke. This thing hits you like a train coming on at 200km/h.

roflio

going really well

Im surprised that fan is working

what filter is that?

The fan working is not surprising. I read ahead of time that if you want to use a PC fan, you MUST use a fan that generates high air pressure, so I specifically looked up one that does, a Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000. The filter is a PK 2600 Mini.

I recently started my 2nd grow in this case and should be switching to flowering it soon.

M

Mr. Sparkle

I will be interested to see your progress on your second grow, keep it up.

roflio

Here's a couple of new pics for anyone curious. This is my 2nd grow in this PC case. MK Ultra, entering week 2 of flowing:

N

Navigator

The fan working is not surprising. I read ahead of time that if you want to use a PC fan, you MUST use a fan that generates high air pressure, so I specifically looked up one that does, a Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000. The filter is a PK 2600 Mini.

I recently started my 2nd grow in this case and should be switching to flowering it soon.

Any particular reason you chose the NF-A14 2000 over the 3000? Considering this fan on my cab.

roflio

Any particular reason you chose the NF-A14 2000 over the 3000? Considering this fan on my cab.

Noise levels. The industrial fans are LOUD as they are not originally intended for home use. In fact, I run mine at 9v instead of 12v to keep the noise below "suspicious" levels.

N

Navigator

Valid reason and a concern of mine too. What are you using to drop your voltage? Resistor cable, controller...