What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

is it possible to harvest 1 lb every month with a 600 watt hps?

S

sourpuss

U guys think its possible? Impossible? Or total walk in the park? Id like to hear you opinions before even considering this... got bills need paid.... obviously gram a watt aint gonna cut it. Anyone achieve this or yields similar... so say 2 months equal 1 cycle. 600 grams is 1 1/3 pound. 2/3 of a lb shy of my mark...

And if you have hit those gram per watt numbera im lookin for, howd you do that?????

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah its possible , but your room has to be a dialed in set up !
my average was 3/4's with a 600 watt bulb , but as i tweeked the room & got the environment better .... the yields started to pack on more weight . now i'm closer to that 1 gram per watt thing than i've ever been .

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok , i'm confused ..... not surprisingly lol
are we talkin a pound per light ? or a pound per month under the same 600 watt bulb ?

moses wellfleet

Veteran
U guys think its possible? Impossible? Or total walk in the park? Id like to hear you opinions before even considering this... got bills need paid.... obviously gram a watt aint gonna cut it. Anyone achieve this or yields similar... so say 2 months equal 1 cycle. 600 grams is 1 1/3 pound. 2/3 of a lb shy of my mark...

And if you have hit those gram per watt numbera im lookin for, howd you do that?????

I love these magic lamp threads, where peeps expect instant success from a couple posts. Rub the magic lamp and the genie will appear with all the answers!

Yeah those numbers are possible, and better, but the peeps getting there... You gonna find someplace else... That reminds me...

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
I'd say with 2 600w lights you'd have a much better shot at it.

2 600w gardens staggered 1 month apart. If you did a true SOG (4 plants per sq ft)(36 plants per 600w light) you should be able to perpetually harvest 1 light (1 lb) a month with no veg time. Put well rooted clones directly into flower with goals of just under 1/2 ounce bud-sickles once dry.

With 1 600w light? Not impossible I guess, but certainly not likely.

My friend has a strain that he often gets 1oz bud sickles from an immediate 12/12, but it's the random mutant beast clone and not the norm across the entire garden. If could somehow get every clone to give a 1oz cola then he'd getting near 2.25lb per 600w. I'm unsure if this has ever been done.

S

sourpuss

Thx guys. And yeah I mean 1 pound a month off a 600 hps in perpetual. Gonna run half my flower room sog when I can and see what happens... fun test.... thinking im gonna break a p.... hopin..

Over 1 gram per watt isn't a good idea to count on in any scenario ever. Especially not for budgeting purposes when you have bills to pay.

If you're a good grower you can pull .75 gpw pretty easily with enough money into the setup on startup. That'd mean you'd need 3-4 600w lights to pull 1 pound per month on a 9ish week flower cycle.

I've heard of the numbers you're looking for being hit a few times but that's it. It relies on master level skills, about $2000 per 600w in startup equipment costs, and very high numbers of small plants from a pre-tested strain that is well suited to your environment and growing methods.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Gonna run half my flower room sog when I can and see what happens
i was about to say yes when i read this but........no. not that way Ted.
i think perhaps in some really dialed system of a stacked vertical wall or honeycomb. with a bunch of lights overlapping picking each others wasted light up overlapping efficiency and a seriously dialed atmosphere and perfect nutrition. you could do it. especially with a high yield beast like blue dream or one of the "green crack" phenos ive seen up here.
50-55 days, rivals yield on the blue dream. dont know if it was the real green crack but my buddy ran it and it woulda been a good choice for an attempt.

DJXX

Veteran
maybe per full cycle, but i don't think per month...i have a 600 in each of my bloom rooms and am vertical in both.....vertical scrogs maybe would be the best yield but don't see a LB a month...DJXX

S

sourpuss

Would be nice to be able to run 10000 watts or just under the good ole sun... not into big watts when the sun is free... going outdoors next year.

DemonTrich

Veteran
ive pulled consistent 17.5z pulls every harvest (8.5 weeks) with 1 600w in a 4x4 tent. im not sure how you can do a perpetual with 1 600 and expect 1lb in only 1 month. harvests are normally 8-10 weeks, not 4 weeks.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
ive pulled consistent 17.5z pulls every harvest (8.5 weeks) with 1 600w in a 4x4 tent. im not sure how you can do a perpetual with 1 600 and expect 1lb in only 1 month. harvests are normally 8-10 weeks, not 4 weeks.
simple bro.just start harvesting twice as much.:tiphat:

Genetics and veg time matter a lot when it comes to yield in my opinion. Proper training while in veg and in the first two weeks of flower can dramatically increase yields too. Try using some of that square netting and put a cola in each square. If you put your 600 on a mover, it would probably make it easier to do a perpetual system and still do training at the same time.

I can also second that comment about the size of the Green Crack. I have two from Cali Conn, that went over 6ft tall and 5 feet wide indoors. Just glad I had the room to fit them!

Best of luck on getting some lb's :)

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
1 pound = 453.5 grams.

so it'd be less than 1 GPW under a 600W.

I think indoor growers are sort of magicians pulling so much weight from such small spaces... us outdoor growers are pampered, if the weather is good though.

peace

Latest posts

Latest posts