What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

do you reuse your hempy perlite?

Cannabis

Veteran
You can reuse it, just scoop off the top of the water whatever perlite still floats, when you're washing it. If it sinks it's become sand just like any other, if it floats, it's still holding together enough that the air in it makes it perform similarly to when it's new.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Meh. Ive tried washing it and all. Did it through a nice screen set up but it still made a mess.
Never did seem clean enough and picking all the damn roots out was a PITA.
Kudos to those who take the time to re-use it but its not like vermiculite and perlite cost a lot if you shop around.
I double bag it and throw i what I cant use in my garden into the household trash at the landfill. It all ends up as compost that is given free to the public.

Latest posts

Latest posts