What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how much perlite to 3.8 cf bale of peat?

Former Guest

it depends on which promix you want because technically, each kind of mix has a different percentage. it's listed on the msds sheet for each kind but they are around 15-20% and sometimes people like to add more so it really depends on your personal preference. so if 3.8 cuft of compressed peat expands to around 7 cuft and you have 2 bags that 's 14 cuft so that's 2.8 cuft of perlite for both bags of peat.

Former Guest

thats 20% so if you wanted to round up to 3 cuft that would work well too and makes for easier measuring. 1 cuft=7.5 gallons if you need that too. much cheaper to make your own promix.

Budley Doright

Veteran
Promix bx according to the label contains calcitic and dolomitic lime....

I assume they use the calcitic lime to limit magnesium......

While I dont think there will be any major catastrophe using dolomitic lime and the extra magnesium......

I dont really know....

Budley Doright

Veteran
As I said I dont think its a problem just a perspective to be aware of....

Promix is not just for growing weed...its widely used for many other kinds of plants....

Cannabis is known to like magnesium more than most....

good luck

Last edited: