What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Haze x Meao Thai F3 & Pure Purple Haze

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
First off, thanks to Dubi and Ace for sending me these genetics. I have wanted to run legit purple haze since I was probably 13, no joke.

These are in veg under about 240w of CFLs and will be flowered (scrog) under a 240w (3w) LED panel. They're in Happy Frog soil straight out of the bag. Mountain spring water and possibly some molasses one day.

Green Haze x Meao Thai f3
picture.php

Pure Purple Haze
picture.php

More in a month or so! :thank you:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Terpene, my friend...I'm going to be keeping a close eye on these. I will sex and clone my Purple Haze x Meao Thai F3's and pure purple haze before I get into flower, so yours may end up in front of mine. Do you have two Haze x Thai in one bucket and three purple haze in another? I suspect you chop males before flower? What happens if you end up with all females (not impossible with these genetics)...can you scrog as is? Just curious as I've never run multiples in a single pot before.

Anyway, looking forward to the many months ahead.

Terpene

Veteran
Terpene, my friend...I'm going to be keeping a close eye on these. I will sex and clone my Purple Haze x Meao Thai F3's and pure purple haze before I get into flower, so yours may end up in front of mine. Do you have two Haze x Thai in one bucket and three purple haze in another? I suspect you chop males before flower? What happens if you end up with all females (not impossible with these genetics)...can you scrog as is? Just curious as I've never run multiples in a single pot before.

Anyway, looking forward to the many months ahead.

Yep - 3 pure purples popped, 2 green haze thais popped. I used to run em all separate, but now I've moved on to larger containers (1gal -> 4gal -> 10 gal flower) and 3 beans in each for better odds of females. My veg cabinet is 2x3, so it maximizes the amount of soil space and minimizes the watering. For some reason, I always have trouble with lots of tiny containers.. I cull the weak & males from the trio, then run the rest.

In flower, its no different than having a topped plant really, shove each stalk in where to take up a "side" of the screen and spread the branches out over the screen as you would normally.

I've found that running multiples under one screen tends to get you the same yield as one larger plant in less time (less veg). If I rub a stem in veg and it smells way better than the rest of the group, I'll separate that one and let it get huge - this was the case with the Zamaldelicas actually. The african pheno's stem smelled like mango carrots from the time it was about 5 inches tall.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I like the style and look forward to seeing these as they make their way into flower. The purple haze x thai F1's I'm growing now are only really showing purple on the stems. Otherwise, they are growing like the green OTH...but on steroids. They look to produce a much denser flower (but still light by many standards). Since we are both working with very similar Ace seeds right now, it's going to be a fun run to the end of the 2012.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi friends :)

The haze thai hybrids still keep the extreme tropical essence but they are quite easier to grow, better yielding and more powerful than pure haze, although flowering time is just a few days (maybe 1-2 weeks) earlier. My experience is that purple haze and colorful purple haze thai phenos truely shine with colors outdoors in late flowering, i always like to grow tropical sativas outdoors, they surprisingly resist cold temps very well ...finishing in my area in December-January with night temps sometimes close to 0-3ºC. They are inmune to mold and rains.

Can't wait to see your new generation hazes maturing! Thanks for posting!

Terpene

Veteran
Time for new haze pics.

Green Haze x Meao Thai F3
These things grow like WHOA. Stretch is probably 4 inches between nodes.
picture.php

Pure Purple Haze
Not as vigorous as the green haze crosses, but the stems smell dark like purple indicas so I am looking forward to some cool color expressions!
picture.php

Dubi, one is very slow growing, a runt who is very compact yet thin leaved. They're all the same age within a day of each other. The other two have been topped at 2 feet tall, this one is barely 5 inches tall. Seems really healthy, just tiny. Is this a normal variant?
picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Hi friends :)

The haze thai hybrids still keep the extreme tropical essence but they are quite easier to grow, better yielding and more powerful than pure haze, although flowering time is just a few days (maybe 1-2 weeks) earlier. My experience is that purple haze and colorful purple haze thai phenos truely shine with colors outdoors in late flowering, i always like to grow tropical sativas outdoors, they surprisingly resist cold temps very well ...finishing in my area in December-January with night temps sometimes close to 0-3ºC. They are inmune to mold and rains.

Can't wait to see your new generation hazes maturing! Thanks for posting!

Yes the original OTH I ran had some nights around 10 deg c in my area, and did just fine. I have no doubt that the ladies I'm running now would show much more purple in flower with lower temps.

S

scai

Nice grow, very interested of this one....
Just getting my popcorns.....

Terpene

Veteran
Both strains are steadily growing, the thai influence in the green haze f3s makes for some serious vigor. I have had to top both strains and the Green Haze x Thai has been LST'ed to itself to reduce the overall height.

Green Haze x Thai
picture.php

Pure Purple Haze
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the updates terpene :)

There's a clear difference in terms of vigour between haze/thais and pure hazes.

About the small pure haze, there's a smaller compact haze pheno in the population (10-15 % aprox of frequency) usually more related to the green haze. Or maybe is just a less vigorous individual and the other 2 most vigorous plants are taking most of the root space cos they are being grown in the same pot. Or a mix of all this variables.

Good luck and enjoy the experience!

Terpene

Veteran
Green Old Timer's Haze x Meao Thai - day 1
picture.php

Going to be the largest pair of plants I've ever run. :biggrin:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
They should be finishing up around New Years or a hair after. Looking forward to the stretch.

My next round of P. Haze x Thai will likely go into flower in about a month (hopefully when it's cooled off a bit).

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
I'm watching this ..I'm REALLY interested in the purple haze and purple haze hybrids ..
I have a question what is ace seeds most trippy strain ? I don't care if it's 20 week flower I just don't wanna wait forever for something mediocre In high ..