What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A litle help with my set up PLZ

Monday Knight

Hi everyone.. Norwegian newb here :wave:

Could really use some help from you guys, as i can't seem to be able to post in my local forum NorCan.. :fsu:

Anyway,

Just trying to get all the pieces together for my order.

I'm getting a Secret Jardin dr150, and i'll be running a vertical settup with 2 or 3 - 400W CMH's. I'm not planning on any light cooling, hence the cmh. The grow is gonna have to be pretty stealth soundwise, so i'm trying to find the quietest fan possible.
I've read great things about the S&D fans http://www.hvacquick.com/spfnconfig.php?fm=td , and expecially the td 200x. The "x" versions are supposed to be very quiet, but maybe a bit overkill with 478/419 cfm to cool my bulbs and change the air? Plus it won't fit my intake/exhaust holes.

So maybe the td-150 is better with 293/218 cfm? Fits my intakes aswell and Chlas Ohlson sell it in the shop. Now i'm really worried by the sound, which seems to be my only true obstacle. Will this fan cut it for me?
How is the td-150 compared to the td-200x? Anyone tried both?

Any better suggestions?

The cmh's require a magnetic ballast so i found this one http://www.head-nature.com/seite?wg=4003&id=maL6uQha&mv_pc=651

Since i'm not going to use a reflector, how will i hang my two or three bulbs on top of eachother? Do any of you know if the one linked to above, include sockets and wires? Could'nt really tell by the info :1help:

If not, will i have to buy E40 sockets? Does these include wires, so that i'm ready to go??

Also, will I need some sort of protection for the bulb itself? cause i reckon it will get a bit hot between the bulbs, and i really don't want to fuck anything up:joint:

Links to equipment is highly appreciated

come to think of it, so would any answers at all :D

Peace ut my fello scandis

Monday Knight

Oh really?? You don't say!

Well thx for the help, man.. Highly appreciated, it sure was.

Guess this only shows how extremely helpful and kind people from the popstick lands are :mad:

C

cracker420

those fans are pretty quit. you could always build a muffler. check the forums on here. i have seen many DIY mufflers on here.

Monday Knight

thanx for the reply :woohoo:

yeah, found a neat and easy DIY last night..

Any thoughts on my bulb settup? Wondering how to hang the bulbs without burning the wires.. Would like to have them right underneath eachother. Is there a common solution? I'll just be using sockets, no reflector or cooltube..

C

cracker420

as far as the lamp setup goes im no good with vert setups.. im old school :) the vert lamp setup seems to be getting big