What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orange Pekoe Cambodian, Back to the Congo,HSO 707 HB

EvergreenState

Pilsner Urquell is celebrating their 175th year in business. You have to admire any business that can not only stay in business but thrive for 175 years.:tiphat:
They went into their archives for the artwork used on these cans to celebrate their 175th anniversary.
picture.php

EvergreenState

Last day of week 11 for the OPC'S and things have changed pretty quickly. I thought some of them would go 14 to 15 weeks but resin coverage has increased pretty dramatically and they ripened quite a bit. I think, at least a couple of them, will go another week and the others will probably be done at the end of week 13.
They look like they have been sprayed with a sugar syrup. They glisten.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Golden Tree

Standing Ovation!

Great links buddy....

Even better journal....words written by a true cannabis enthusiast!

Respects!

GT

That Congo!

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Standing Ovation!

Great links buddy....

Even better journal....words written by a true cannabis enthusiast!

Respects!

GT

That Congo!

Hey green tree,

The Cambodian looks good, how many original seeds did you use to make these? Open pollinated or did you select female/male plants?

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last day of week 11 for the OPC'S and things have changed pretty quickly. I thought some of them would go 14 to 15 weeks but resin coverage has increased pretty dramatically and they ripened quite a bit. I think, at least a couple of them, will go another week and the others will probably be done at the end of week 13.
They look like they have been sprayed with a sugar syrup. They glisten.
View Image View Image View Image

Great job evergreen, plants are looking good

EvergreenState

Had some fungus gnat problems with the Black and Gold Natural and Organic soil. It wasn't real bad so I just let it go. I should have addressed it but I'm not too worried that I'll get some ailment from incineration of a super dehydrated tiny bug and inhaling it. Seeing a bug on a bud does bug me though, no pun intended. I'm used to using a soil less mix where I never have bugs and one of the reasons I use it is because there are no bugs; I don't want to deal with bugs if I really don't have to. If I'm going to use an organic soil though it's something I have to take the time to deal with and I didn't. My bad on that one.
I also don't want to use any insecticides which is really the reason I didn't do anything about it. Also they didn't really get too bad and they showed up about 5 or 6 weeks in flower so I wasn't worried about root damage at that point. I still should have dealt with it though. When I take photos and then expand them and I see a bug on a bud, I cringe.

EvergreenState

BACK TO THE CONGO #1 or what I call the common pheno. This one has cured now for about 10-12 days and the stone effect has gotten deeper and there is less head buzz. A much more pleasant effect and getting better all the time.
picture.php

Golden Tree

I bought several packs several years ago from the Tude! The initial purchase and obsession was over Charles Pre Soviet afghanistan Petrolia Headstash and wanted to start working pure Afghan lines...

That's what I thought I had purchased....as soon as I saw the small seeds I was pretty perplexed...then I grew out 2 packs and my suspicions were clear!

I had PURE sativas on my hands...(I equally love Sativas)

I decided to try and turn a disappointment into something positive...so I have them my everything...

Well to my surprise I found out very quickly how special these were...

Long story short I selected two strong trichome beefy producing females and got them with my all time fav Sativa male...(an OPC male from that same bunch)

Lost all the P1s in the pig raid last year but have the F2s!

I've seen many run this last year and am quite happy with the F2s

Hope this helps

Nothing but love

GT

Golden Tree

Was able to find out from Charles that I clearly was sent the wrong seeds and what I did have was Prairie Fire Seeds original and amazing OPC!

Amazing how it turned out...still one of my fav sattys of all time!

Effects are magical!

EvergreenState

Trichome production had come on slow and steady until the last week or so and when I went down to check on them a couple of mornings ago, it looked like the trichome fairy had come in overnight and sprinkled magic trichome dust on them. Standing about 5 feet away, I was taken aback by how much all the buds were glistening.
This is the time where patience is thee most important aspect of growing. When plants look so good and the excitement of sampling them becomes overwhelming, the urge to cut them down a little too early is very strong. I just keep telling myself that I have waited this long and I have invested so much time and effort into getting them to this point, that it would be foolish to waste that effort due to impatience. These look so good and I'm so excited to try them that my patience is being severely tested.
Thank You GT for giving us all of that great history of these seeds. Man I wish I would have known the uniqueness of them. Damn, old Prairie Fire seeds! I would have chosen one of the males and seeded this whole crop had I known that! I didn't save any cuts because we are working on selling the house and I can only take so much with me but had I known the history I would have definitely taken many, many cuts and let other stuff go. I'm going to need another batch of these seeds now GT. Don't leave me hangin' bro!:biggrin:

EvergreenState

Effects are magical! You're killin' me GT. My hand is shaking over the trimming shears and the plants are looking nervous. Better take a hit of the Congo and calm down.

EvergreenState

After spending about 15 minutes in the room this morning using my magnifying glass, I'm pretty sure none of them will be finished at the end of this week. Looking at the maybe 13 weeks for a couple of them and the others, my best guess would be 15 weeks.

EvergreenState

I wanted to mention that I got my Richard William's seeds at Hemp Depot. It's a Canadian seed bank you can easily find online. I've ordered from them many times and I've never had any problems. I'm not affiliated with them in any way. I merely wanted to give them a shout out and to help anyone who might be interested in growing out that great strain. You can thank me later and believe me, you will thank me.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I bought several packs several years ago from the Tude! The initial purchase and obsession was over Charles Pre Soviet afghanistan Petrolia Headstash and wanted to start working pure Afghan lines...

That's what I thought I had purchased....as soon as I saw the small seeds I was pretty perplexed...then I grew out 2 packs and my suspicions were clear!

I had PURE sativas on my hands...(I equally love Sativas)

I decided to try and turn a disappointment into something positive...so I have them my everything...

Well to my surprise I found out very quickly how special these were...

Long story short I selected two strong trichome beefy producing females and got them with my all time fav Sativa male...(an OPC male from that same bunch)

Lost all the P1s in the pig raid last year but have the F2s!

I've seen many run this last year and am quite happy with the F2s

Hope this helps

Nothing but love

GT

Was able to find out from Charles that I clearly was sent the wrong seeds and what I did have was Prairie Fire Seeds original and amazing OPC!

Amazing how it turned out...still one of my fav sattys of all time!

Effects are magical!

Fucking attitude, selling the wrong/mis-packaged seeds?
Wtf.

I almost pulled the trigger on a few packs of opc and the pre-soviet Afghan, several times, myself. I wonder if everyone who bought the opc got the ps afghan?! :laughing

Good to see prople finding good stuff from that line, makes me we i took the chance and snagged 'em

EvergreenState

I wrote a bunch about the OPC I tried today. I quick dried a couple buds in a dehydrator. Then after reading it all I thought, I write a bunch of shit when I'm really high.:biggrin:
Here are OPC buds I quick dried:
picture.php
picture.php

TheBlaze

Beautiful work! I just got some OPC x Jack Herer. Can't wait to pop them. Just waiting for the big room to be finished.

Oh... and respect to GT!!