What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

President's Daughter Malia puffing joint

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Even if we all agree no one should get in trouble over herb; this is obvious proof on how rich people are above the law. She could have done anything illegal on camera and still be untouchable.

Justice is not blind at all, it always considers your socio-economic status.

BrainSellz

Veteran
In the eyes of the federal government program she basically just did heroin. One day the USA will be ready to have a conversation about the misclassification of marijauna and just how bad it ISN'T. But for now this will only be about the president and his daughter with the bigger picture turning neon pink at this point. Business as usual.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
good on her having a spliff at an outside gig:biggrin:,,,,,

it could also be a bit of "reverse pyschology" from Daddy,,,,secret service agents present to guard her i expect?,,

police seemed loathed to arrest anyone at an outdoor gig unless ya blowing it in there face,,,,
just my experience and again nice one little miss obama:),,,,s2

R

Rubber Chicken

A teenager smoking pot at a music festival shouldn't be national news. She was having fun being young and listening to music with her friends. This doesn't have anything to do with politics.

It is critically important, just like The Kardashians. lol

I imagine there will be a new subject in school soon called 'Kardashians'.

You would, have math in the morning, science before lunch and then kardashians after lunch.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Even if we all agree no one should get in trouble over herb; this is obvious proof on how rich people are above the law. She could have done anything illegal on camera and still be untouchable.

Justice is not blind at all, it always considers your socio-economic status.

Hence Attorneys...
And
Poor folks in jail that cannot afford their greedily high costs!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now...I love bashing government on either side of the aisle...but I'm sorry...I just don't see smoking a joint at an outdoor concert to be proof of anything
I'm not disagreeing w anything anyone is saying...but it's a JOINT at a CONCERT right? But maybe life in the western states is drastically different from other parts...and I've just gotten spoiled out here...
I've seen PLENTY of poor people...black people...Hispanic...white...rich...every color and shade of the fucking rainbow smoking joints at concerts indoors and outdoors...for 35 years...

vta

Veteran
I'll be smoking many joints at a GnR concert this Friday...just saying...:)

Good for her!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Now...I love bashing government on either side of the aisle...but I'm sorry...I just don't see smoking a joint at an outdoor concert to be proof of anything
I'm not disagreeing w anything anyone is saying...but it's a JOINT at a CONCERT right? But maybe life in the western states is drastically different from other parts...and I've just gotten spoiled out here...
I've seen PLENTY of poor people...black people...Hispanic...white...rich...every color and shade of the fucking rainbow smoking joints at concerts indoors and outdoors...for 35 years...

but its a joint
and shes a young person
at a concert

/obama!
/OBAMA!!

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran

as I said, we all agree that no one should get in trouble over herb, much less a teen smoking a J at a concert. However, doing so is still illegal, and there's plenty of people that get arrested at concerts, you just don't see it because you are paying attention to the concert... just google 'arrests at concerts for marijuana', you even get one article about how police only arrested 3 people for marijuana at a grateful dead concert and how "cool" police were with the pot smoking going on. Only 3 LOL!!!!

I'm amazed as of late how many icmag members live in bubbles...

how about when a buddy of mine from high school got busted for weed because someone phoned the cops and told on him? we were 16 years old, and they found almost 2 grams on him, he got house arrest and had an ankle thingie put in.

lets compare now: phone call to cops, just hear say, enough proof to have cops go after this 16 year old. Video of president's daughter doing the same, nothing happens.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
oh how could I forget that Pantera concert in West Palm Beach, when was it 1997 or so...

Someone had smashed my glasses in the pit (my own fault) so being handicapped without glasses, I decided to get out of the mosh pit and get closer to the stage, as I was half blindly walking closer towards the stage, two cops were hauling this black dude out of the venue; eventually I learned he was busted for smoking a J, but guess what? he was not the only one smoking, but he was the only one that got caught. And if you have ever been at a Pantera concert, you know black people are few and far between in the crowd.
but what do I know, I did not have my glasses on so I probably just imagined the whole thing because no one gets arrested at concerts, right?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well...I only have a minute right now...
But I can say I am aware that people have been busted for smoking herb at concerts...
I don't think I live in a bubble...unless Cali is a bubble....though I've been trying for the last five years or so
So a dude at a concert in 1997 got busted for smoking pot...so we should go after the presidents daughter for doing the same 19 years later?
If those are the two worst stories you have of cannabis busts...man...talk about a bubble?
If you are trying to convince me that the war on cannabis is a bad thing....uh...you win?!
I wasn't asking how many people have been busted smoking herb at concerts
I wasn't asking how many black people have been busted smoking herb at concerts
I was asking how many people at THAT concert got busted smoking herb
The climate around canna has changed and I am willing to bet there is a lot of ...I don't know what's what's...snap chat...Instagram...Facebook video evidence of people smoking herb all the time...so cops should spend the money going after everyone caught on film smoking herb?
And let's be real...you think she didn't KNOW she was gonna get caught on video? Good for her!!! Fuck the world...I've never given a shit about a presidents kid..but I like her!

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Well...I only have a minute right now...
But I can say I am aware that people have been busted for smoking herb at concerts...
I don't think I live in a bubble...unless Cali is a bubble....though I've been trying for the last five years or so
So a dude at a concert in 1997 got busted for smoking pot...so we should go after the presidents daughter for doing the same 19 years later?
If those are the two worst stories you have of cannabis busts...man...talk about a bubble?
If you are trying to convince me that the war on cannabis is a bad thing....uh...you win?!
I wasn't asking how many people have been busted smoking herb at concerts
I wasn't asking how many black people have been busted smoking herb at concerts
I was asking how many people at THAT concert got busted smoking herb
The climate around canna has changed and I am willing to bet there is a lot of ...I don't know what's what's...snap chat...Instagram...Facebook video evidence of people smoking herb all the time...so cops should spend the money going after everyone caught on film smoking herb?
And let's be real...you think she didn't KNOW she was gonna get caught on video? Good for her!!! Fuck the world...I've never given a shit about a presidents kid..but I like her!

California is indeed a bubble when it comes to cannabis law, and your post proves it.

People where prohibition is still on, won't smoke in front of a phone to get posted on facebook, that's ridiculous. Just the social stigma is reason enough. In California I bet is seen as everyday life, a 16 year old can smoke in his room without worrying about his parents finding out I guess... elsewhere the same aged teen will try his best not to get caught...

plus you misunderstand my point, I don't want anyone to go after the president's daughter, that's silly, where did I say that? I said we all agree no one should get in trouble for herb, but the reality is that you are more likely to get in trouble for it if you are not from a socio-economic level that is high enough.

that's all.

If your at a festival and get busted for openly smoking herb, you are at the wrong festival. These venues, while some are heavily policed, are usually give the directive to search out dealers and to let people with personal amounts go. This allows most patrons to have a great time unharassed.

If anything, the video shows the freedom allowed in such places. Some festivals are truly other worlds, with a completely different social structure then the "real" world. The freedom that's aloud on some Mountaintops in America is an amazing thing.

Anyone can go to these places with a small amount of money and will. Its All Good yall

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
California is indeed a bubble when it comes to cannabis law, and your post proves it.

People where prohibition is still on, won't smoke in front of a phone to get posted on facebook, that's ridiculous. Just the social stigma is reason enough. In California I bet is seen as everyday life, a 16 year old can smoke in his room without worrying about his parents finding out I guess... elsewhere the same aged teen will try his best not to get caught...

plus you misunderstand my point, I don't want anyone to go after the president's daughter, that's silly, where did I say that? I said we all agree no one should get in trouble for herb, but the reality is that you are more likely to get in trouble for it if you are not from a socio-economic level that is high enough.

that's all.

Ok...I can understand that...and I completely understand the idea that Cali is in a bubble from others standpoint...I agree...that's why I asked...and I agree w you that poor people get fucked from a legal standpoint
I also went to a pantera show during the...well...every tour they had during the 90s...which I'm pretty sure was just one long tour...used to go to the Salem armory for those in the 90s...great venue..great band

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I'm still trying to figure out what socio-economic group I am from.....and if it matters.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I'm still trying to figure out what socio-economic group I am from.....and if it matters.

The minute you choose you create a them versus us scenario perpetuating more of the same.

I am of the notion that all people can reach full potential gracefully.

It isn't so much the roles we are cast, but the weight we give those roles in comparison to each other.

Simply put, our race, like plants requires phenotype variation to ensure our survival. There will always be difference among us, but whether we choose to recognize it as difference or diversity is on us.

I don't begrudge the rich and powerful for wanting to fill the role perhaps they where cast to play, but rather the marginalization of others while in that role is what I object to. It simply isn't the only way.

I think the other demographics have to be reasonable pragmatic and figure out how to increase value without marginalizing others as has been the tradition for our race, and do it in a way that it attenuates all the way to the top.

There truly is enough abundance it does not have to be this way.

BrainSellz

Veteran
The minute you choose you create a them versus us scenario perpetuating more of the same.

I am of the notion that all people can reach full potential gracefully.

It isn't so much the roles we are cast, but the weight we give those roles in comparison to each other.

Simply put, our race, like plants requires phenotype variation to ensure our survival. There will always be difference among us, but whether we choose to recognize it as difference or diversity is on us.

I don't begrudge the rich and powerful for wanting to fill the role perhaps they where cast to play, but rather the marginalization of others while in that role is what I object to. It simply isn't the only way.

I think the other demographics have to be reasonable pragmatic and figure out how to increase value without marginalizing others as has been the tradition for our race, and do it in a way that it attenuates all the way to the top.

There truly is enough abundance it does not have to be this way.

I don't know if this type of thinking flows or can even flow through the average "unconscious" mind though.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Well....it's taken me 56 years to not realize it, and I guess that's because I don't aspire to being in any particular socio-economic group, it's not really important.

I'm just happy to be alive.

P

Pinnate

He didnt get the nick name "Bath house Barry" for no reason. View Image :whip:
RWNJs come out with all kinds of lying shite!

The worst are the fascist, homophobic GOP/TP closet-case gays who rant and lie about decent people and only come to prominence when they're facing paedophilia charges!