What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vac seal for BHO

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Can somebody send me a link to a Vac seal pyrex dish with lid? I have a vac sealer but I need a bowl and lid attachment so I can purge my BHO better. Anybody have a link for me? I have been searching but can't find anything. Thanks ICmag.

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
look in salvation army thrift stores I see them there all the time, the jars and dishes are included in the upper end foodsaver model.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
IME it was really hard on my foodsavers vacuum. but i was using some custom rigged jars instead of the proper foodsaver jars. the last place I saw foodsaver jars and containers was target maybe try there. or just got to the foodsaver website.

Mycel

Can somebody send me a link to a Vac seal pyrex dish with lid? I have a vac sealer but I need a bowl and lid attachment so I can purge my BHO better. Anybody have a link for me? I have been searching but can't find anything. Thanks ICmag.

I don't think a vac sealer will make enough neg pressure to purge your bho properly . Need a vacuum pump....

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
^^^thats what I was going to say. I used my foodsaver 2 times for purging and honestly dont think it worked well at all. A good vacuum pump that can hold full vacuum of atleast 29hg for 24 hours is what you want. im thinking of ordering the one off of extractionexperts.com

F

ForbiddenFruit

One of these would be kick-ass.

laboratory_vacuum_chambers_e.gif

laboratory_vacuum_chambers_acrylic.jpg

laboratory_vacuum_chambers_b.gif

http://www.terrauniversal.com/environmental-chambers/acrylic-vacuum-chambers.php

Along with,

pump9.jpg

http://www.avac.com/jb-fastvac-oil-sealed-pumps.php

TacomaComa

ICMag Donor
Veteran
type in Polycarbonate/Teflon Vacuum Chamber at amazon

or try Nalgene Vacuum Chamber

should give you a bunch of options ranging from $80 to $150+

hope this helps :)

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
type in Polycarbonate/Teflon Vacuum Chamber at amazon

or try Nalgene Vacuum Chamber

should give you a bunch of options ranging from $80 to $150+

hope this helps :tiphat:

they are only 6 X 9" for the biggest one, looking for BIGGER!

hammalamma

Veteran
they are only 6 X 9" for the biggest one, looking for BIGGER!

How much oil are you purging? I could purge a qp in 6" x 9".

I use an old food saver jar that came with my food saver in '02 or '03, it holds the vacuum until u press a button, I can get it to 25 hg and I can purge a zip in under an hour.Imo 24 hours is way to long you will loose all the flavor.

Those vacuum containers are the shit! Fucking pricey though.

krunchbubble

Veteran
trying to do a couple zips+

with the 6 X 9 chamber, i can get what dish im using hot enough, long enough to do a decent vac purge...

seems like i have to pull the dish out every 3 minutes to reheat it, to get any bubbling action in the oil...

krunchbubble

Veteran
so with the bigger chambers, im thinking i do a hot water bath, as its vac purging....

BUT, im not sure if the vac with mess with the water at all, like suck it out the dish and spill....

hammalamma

Veteran
so with the bigger chambers, im thinking i do a hot water bath, as its vac purging....

BUT, im not sure if the vac with mess with the water at all, like suck it out the dish and spill....

That will work, I have done it, I just keep thinking its gonna get moisture in the oil and the water will boil at 29.5 hg. U should try putting the whole vacuum chamber on a hot plate.

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Water inside the vacuum chamber will limit how much vacuum you can pull, until it boils off. Better to apply exterior heat as HL suggested, or put a dry hot plate inside the chamber.

Attachments

• Vacuum purge setup-1.jpg
    Vacuum purge setup-1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 6

krunchbubble

Veteran
Water inside the vacuum chamber will limit how much vacuum you can pull, until it boils off. Better to apply exterior heat as HL suggested, or put a dry hot plate inside the chamber.

may i ask WHERE you got that hotplate and chamber?

Latest posts

Latest posts