What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dont be this guy - High speed chase, 3 lbs of weed, 18 mo son...

quite the shining example of parenthood we have here. 20 years old, with 3 lbs of weed, a guns, pills, and his baby son in the front seat as he takes police on a high speed chase...

yes, people this stupid really exist..

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2011/03/04/police-say-east-bay-man-drove-with-toddler-during-chase/

Police Say East Bay Man Drove With Toddler During Chase

An Oakland man has been arrested on multiple gun, drug and child endangerment charges for allegedly leading San Leandro police officers on a high-speed chase while his 18-month-old child sat unprotected in the front seat, a police spokesman said. San Leandro police Lt. Jeff Tudor said the incident began at 12:05 p.m. Thursday when officers tried to stop 20-year-old Minneer Ghanem in the 1400 block of Grand Avenue for an expired registration.
Tudor said Ghanem accelerated, entered westbound Interstate 580, exited at the Foothill Boulevard exit near the border of San Leandro and Oakland, and drove on city streets at about 100 mph in a 40 mph speed zone.
Officers stopped pursuing Ghanem because they decided it would be unsafe to do so, Tudor said. However, they broadcast a description of Ghanemn’s car, he said.
Tudor said their decision to end the chase proved to be wise, as they did not know that Ghanem had a child with him in his car.
Shortly after the chase ended, another San Leandro officer saw Ghanem pulling into an auto body shop at the corner of International Boulevard and 103rd Avenue in Oakland, according to Tudor.
The officer tried to take Ghanem into custody, but Ghanem fled on foot, Tudor said.
The officer caught up with Ghanem after a short chase and had to use a stun gun to subdue and arrest him, Tudor said.
The officer then searched Ghanem’s car and discovered his 18-month-old child, who was not in a car seat or strapped in with a safety belt, according to Tudor.
Fortunately, he said, the child was unharmed.
A search of Ghanem’s car led to the discovery of more than three pounds of marijuana, scales consistent with drug dealing, a loaded shotgun and numerous Vicodin pills, Tudor said.
Ghanem was arrested on suspicion of four counts of child endangerment, possession of a firearm, being armed during the commission of a felony, possession and transportation of marijuana for sale, possession of a pharmaceutical drug for sale, resisting arrest, evading a police officer and reckless driving, according to Tudor.
Ghanem is expected to be arraigned in Alameda County Superior Court in Hayward on Monday, he said.
A family member took custody of the 18-month-old child after Ghanem was arrested, Tudor said.
Child Protective Services has been notified of the child’s situation, Tudor said, and will investigate the child’s living situation.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
For an expired reg...

and wow, the cops called it off for once.

What kind of name is Minneer Ghanem... middle eastern?

D

Duplicate

There are always at least two sides to every story but I'm inclined to assume this guy is a piece of trash.

M

Milhouse

It is REALLY hard for me to come up with the OTHER side of this story.........

W

wiseone

A classic example of why we should spay/neuter humans instead of animals.

k90728

It is REALLY hard for me to come up with the OTHER side of this story.........

He threw out the kilo of H:dance013:
Saved him a few years in prison.

IMO no one would go that far for weed(espec in oakland)

I'm sure the pills/shotty was hidden from eye sight.

Something else must of been in there that he thought was more important to get rid of cus for the amount of time he was "Free" from police eyesight im sure he thought.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Just goes to show ya don't break more than one law at a time, dumb ass.

R

Rabbi Reefer

This man's head is obviously empty. I feel sorry for his kid.

I

IcmagUser

this retard must go in prison at least 20 years..not for drugs maybe, but for running 100m/h with his kid near him..fuking idiot

ProfGerbik

i will say yes it was a highly stupid decision but sadly i dont know this fools life story or even what drove him to such a idiotic life style, so i cant bash him that hard, if we look at the scheme of everything im sure there couldve been something done by someone else to prevent his future actions.

if anything i feel bad if someone ever has to feel the need to do crazy and illegal things to support their children because of this extremely greedy/selfish economy we deal with on the daily basis.

what has never ever made any sense to me is that money can be man made, therefor its almost limitless, why isnt every person on this planet rich? states and countries whine and make ridiculous laws just to make money off of anything these days, does it not make sense to anyone that if everyone was rich, it would eliminate almost all crime period and the fact the economy would be booming, the more money everyone has, the more money they will want to spend, meaning the states and country governments would be making way more than ever off taxes as well, which im almost certain could fund anything they wanted, but i guess its more important to hold people down and control them instead of living in a world where everyone lives on the same level, not a pyramid of people fighting to be the top for what? so they can die with billions of dollars their families for 100 generations probably couldnt even use, world makes me really sick at times when i really realize where i am, that is why i try my hardest to think im not here. stores around the world closing, people cant get jobs even with exceptional experience, people in general just having to give up everything they worked hard for just because of a piece of cotton colored green with numbers on it.

i love how we all just take it without question or thought to ever change the world for the better, why? because it all comes back to greed, everyone always wants to be better than the next person sadly i dont know why but that has been shown throughout history time and time again as the source for all problems and i believe as long as human life exists on this planet there will always be someone or a group who feel the need to have a power over others.. this is why i really hope for the sake of a lot of people who suffer on the daily basis without food or shelter, or these sickly kids in africa being eaten by vultures, people being ruled with iron fist and threats of murder all comes to a halt this year, the whole 2012 thing has me really excited, as much as i enjoy some aspects of life i have always felt more for others than i could ever feel for myself, so if 2012 really was true and life as we know will finally end soon, it will probably leave me with the best feeling before we all go, knowing the people can finally be free in the most literal sense and no longer be oppressed by ignorance and greed ever again.

im not taking sides but ill admit because of how hard life can get at times and what a struggle it can be for some, ive had no choice but to do some really horrible and stupid things just to survive at times that im not proud of but thats life people will do what they have to do regardless of the danger people just want to live, that in itself is not wrong.

honestly who can blame anyone for running at that point though, its not like he wasnt aware of everything he was doing, anyone knows that they are about to end up in prison for the rest of their life regardless of how understanding of a story they could be able to back up why they would ever do something so insane knows the court wont give a shit, your ass is going to jail, so run for all i care. because i know i would, i also know that in life sometimes things happen at the wrong time and place, to assume that he brings his child along with him every he dragging that many drugs with him probably isnt logical, possibly yes but its not likely, for all any of us know it just couldve been a really bad series of events that happened within that day for that man who knows.

also im sure the thought of him knowing he is about to lose his child because of his actions to survive probably didnt enable him to make the best decision while driving with cops behind em, not like those god forsaken fucking police lights help you think clearly either, those lights are made to make you panic, why do you think its blue, white and red? because those colors flashed in instances cause confusion in most people and make them easily flustered into not thinking as clearly as they normally would.

GoozMan

Let's not mistake anything, that baby was a hostage. 18 mo old in the front seat, no carseat, not even a fucking seatbelt!!!

ProfGerbik

lol hostage, that would be funny, he just happened to have a random baby with him also as well as everything else lol funny thought.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no lawyer in the states is going to get him off. he will snitch on his supplier for a reduced sentence. many lessons to learn here.....

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
What a DUMB fucking idiot! Especially endangering that child like that..I bet his bitch ass had a seat belt on.......throw the book at that fucker just for being a jackass

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
Sounds like a terrorist on the loose to me.

The guy should get his testies thoroughly beaten and cut off with a rusty butter knife,that fuck hole had his kid whither no seatbelt doin a buck the kid had to be sliding all over the place scared as shit cryin.

Like already said that's why some humans should be spayed and nutered.

G

greenmatter

with idiots like this to compete with you must really have to be a dip shit to make the newspaper. a very sad joke of a human being. max this retard

Lone Wolf

Veteran
no lawyer in the states is going to get him off......

bro, I love you to death, but that is a complete under statement...

with the right amount of cash behind you, the right attorney can be found... you just HAVE to know which attorney is best friends with the judge and prosecutor and you will be good... usually the guy that is best friends with those two people charges the most for his services, and rightfully so...

all this dude has to do is get the right lawyer....

EVERYONE has to do what it takes to survive... not staying on your toes in ALL areas of your game will get your freedom revoked VERY quickly.... check that license plate light... check that registration sticker.. check that headlight.........

pray to the lord that your lights dont go out while you are on a run...

i feel bad for the guy because he is sitting in jail right now feeling horrible because his child has been taken from him... the poor guy feels as if he let his kid down.... and thats NO WAY to feel...

this could have happened to most ANY of us here on ICMAG...