What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Dog Clone

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the Dogg clone.

It has been on Maui since at least 1993, by way of Big Island. Though I have also heard from reputable source (i.e. the people I got the Skunkdawg clone from) that Molokai was involved in her "landing"... LOL stories!!!!

Though she is a recent acquisition, The Dogg will be a primary focus of my garden for many years to come.

These flower pics are from my initial test run to see how she could hang with the team.

picture.php

picture.php

This Dog is vegging in a 3g container of Promix - about 4 days away from moving into a 7g pot to start blooming.

picture.php

First run's buds. Could use some dialing to bring out some "pop" with the aesthetics. But the smell, the taste... it's "there". I am very much looking forward to pumping this plant out and working with her extensively...

picture.php

Last edited:

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
looking sweet brother, I'm taking it's not the same "dog" that everyone is fussing over, probably better ;)

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Congrads bro I seen u been looking for that for a minute... Good find looks well worth the wait... Now for ur next misson go find the blood ...

paper thorn

Veteran
So does this descend from some old Hawaiian strain like MW?
Could you describe the smell? It looks like it's killer to me.

FatherEarth

Veteran
Is this the same dog as the WC D.O.G.?

Attachments

• harvest dog 60 moons.jpg
    harvest dog 60 moons.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 19
  • dog 12 more .jpg
    dog 12 more .jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Good Dog.jpg
    Good Dog.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

ThaDocta

Veteran
Father Earth… Definitely not the same cut.

The D.O.G. is a clone I originally obtained from ORGNKID and spread to the boys in norcal. Some kinda fruity-ish incensey bubba hybrid, IMO.

pappy masonjar

Veteran
Nice GS!
Im glad u started a thread on this.
Did u ever talk to any of the nor cal guys about that fella I was tellin u about?
Somebody up there gotta know him.

Farther Earth, like docta said, this is different than the west coast dog.
This is the Maui dog
Some folks have speculated that it may be the same as "The Dog" clone that chemdog's bagseeds came from.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking sweet brother, I'm taking it's not the same "dog" that everyone is fussing over, probably better ;)

yo thanks for the kind words
alls I know is, the Dog buds are automatic!
same or different, gonna be tough to beat

Congrads bro I seen u been looking for that for a minute... Good find looks well worth the wait... Now for ur next misson go find the blood ...

mahalo nui (lots of thanks)
the Blood....
last time I went looking for the Blood I ended up growing out some really crappy cross I don't want to associate with hahaha
but if the full and uncrossed Blood comes close, I'll do my best to snatch that gal.

Very nice, thank for sharing.

She looks like some nice smoke.

i can't wait until i am thru run 5 or 6 and she's really firing...
next spring and summer have already got me licking my chops!

What ya got there GS in genetic make up? she throws some big nuggets for sure smoke report?

no idea.
she's just a magic poi Dog
The top nugs have some descent size but nothing really extraordinary girth wise.
I'll get a smoke report in. eventually - thats a shit load of info to complete, fuck!!! hahaha

She damn sure showed off for the initial run.

i don't have later pics of the first run due to a platoon of caterpillars they fucking bummer me out and ruined my photogenic plant! but thats okay there will be lots of "next times" haha

Nice man I've been wanting to see good pics of this one for awhile now
man i'd been waiting to just see fucking buds for like forever!

Hell ya man! Looking good!
thanks homie

Looking good homie, how are the smells?
:respect:
Nice find greyskull....she got that nose homie?
:respect:

how she stankin'?
complicated!
i don't have the best descriptor abilities but i'll try

on the vine... at first you are drawn in by a fruity sweet
that morphs into a sour og with a black licorice layer, before exploding into the most astringent pinesol scented ammonia, staying sweet on the "top end" the whole time.
its like a real simple "oh this is nice" at first until you start thinking about what you are smelling and it takes you on this journey
like the song 46&2... its just a simple riff the whole song is that riff. and a whole shitload of magic.

the buds finish into a "rainbow" of petroleum with fruity pebbles and strawberry starburst. the pinesol ammonia is present but not as prevalent as during the time its stacking and chunking up on the vine. smooth too... you can smoke the buds all day long just out of enjoyment of the smoking process - its easy to smoke. and the flavor CUTS thru anything. like a motherfucking razor blade. it will cut thru anything you have been smoking or dabbing. no exaggeration.

So does this descend from some old Hawaiian strain like MW?
Could you describe the smell? It looks like it's killer to me.

does it descend form Maui Wowie? Wowie is such a general term now... that said though it totally could be - I am not qualified to say 'no!' but i have a tendency to be right 50% of the time. lol

Save me a little taste brah! Be there in a month! :D

if you'll be here in a month i'll have a nice ripe Dog for you to inspect
and pack of Dogs on deck ready to get after it
looking forward to seeing you again my friend

Is this the same dog as the D.O.G.?

i need to take better pictures! looking good!

Nice GS!
Im glad u started a thread on this.
Did u ever talk to any of the nor cal guys about that fella I was tellin u about?
Somebody up there gotta know him.

Farther Earth, like docta said, this is different than the west coast dog.
This is the Maui Skunkdawg.
Some folks have speculated that it may be the same as "The Dog" clone that chemdog's bagseeds came from.

Hoooooooo
howzit homie?
this one is different... this is the mother!
here's a thread about the Skunkdawg: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=288166

I haven't had any luck giving Ras Truth(?) a shout over at Emerald Mountain. I hadn't figured out how to get a hold of him to shoot the shit, but then there i see email address looking again LOL so I'll fire a little 'aloha' in the next few days.

Wow what a find. Definitely has that look.

when i first got the plant i was obsessing about how in veg it didn't look like 'weed'. it has a 'thing' about it that a few plants i have/had had. this girl puts out a good energy.

Grey, you said she pretty fruity, rainbow skittles....any of that chem smell at all?

Aloha surfdout!
so far in my journey getting to know this plant, the "classic" chem smell of funk & garlic & bad teeth that I associate with the Chemdog D and Chems Sis plants is not something I pick up in either flower or dried buds. its has a crazy strong astringent thing that starts about the end of week 5... but its not the same.

I'll be getting some more pictures of the Dog later this week
aloha

The bud structure of the flower is amazing. Genetics in that clone. Very nice breeding material. Buds seem to grow longer then the clumpier chem type flower structure.

Latest posts

Latest posts