What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Air circulation for dummies...10x10 room...cat poop stealth

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
10x10 sealed bedroom with a door, running around 6-7 600 watt lamps...sun system 2 hoods. i have no idea what im doing haha. so i drew up this picture for the pros to criticize.

do i even need to pump air through the hoods? a couple friends who have run bigger grows and had the whole ducting setup said that they setup new grows without the fancy air ducting, just oscillating fans and ACs and noticed no difference.

so do i need to run air through the hoods, and what kind of fan do i need? and i know that air pressure looses alot when it goes around a corner..so im assuming i gotta use multiple fans, probably 3 for each line of 600s correct?

no need for canister for smell...cat poop litter box in the next room pretty much removes the smell of cannabis from the outside.

aircirculation.jpg
[/IMG]

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
running your ducting from light to light will make them "useless" for air cooling, as you go furthur down the chain of lights the air will get hotter and hotter, you should have one intake that splits to serve all the lights, and then the same for your exaust

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
it would probably be better just to mount a oscillating fan on each hood right? way simpler than the squirrel fan ducting idea, and having the mount all that crap up..

In a bigger op it seems more ecnomical to forgoe the aircooled hood and inline fans for a bigger ac and tons of oscillating fans, less stuff to set up and buy.

With the air cooled hood you should still be able to get your light closer than with a non aircooled hood.

Do you have an ac unit? What size?

I dont care how gnarly your cat's shit is im sure its not strong enough to overpower a full room of dank kush! Get a carbon filter especially if your already spending this amount of money its chump change compared to the overall investment.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i plan to get a 5500 btu portable AC...i fell like thats enough but who knows if i can find a deal on a 7000 or 9000 might do it.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
you can use a air manifold, say like a 12" run of straight tubing in the middle of the room, along the ceiling. 4" runs to all the hoods. i know a hvac place locally that makes whatever you need cheap and fast.....
or dont air cool and use a portable ac, most likely want a 12k btu. now thats its getting colder, they get cheaper on craigslist....

zenoonez

Veteran
No on the portable. My advice would be get an overpowered mini-split, install it yourself, have the hvac guy come and charge it and screw the cooling of the hoods. I would take the glass out and push those babies right down on the plants. Get a ton of osculating fans in there and rake in the green. I think you are going to need more lights too but that depends on how full you are getting that room. A ceiling fan would be a good idea too if you can rig up a way to hang the lights without getting tangled in the fan.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^yea too late for the mini split...the grow room is already in bloom so cant get a HVAC guy in there....i like the idea of the portable because i can move it around, etc, and i already had outlets specifically installed for it.

wish i could run more lights like DG does in his grow, but for some reason i always need to carve out paths through the plants because i hand water everything.....a drip system will eventually be installed but for now its all hand water..

Incognegro

A drip system is soooo easy to set up..

If you're wanting to use an a/c I'd split the a/c and run ducting from a/c into a manifold as KB suggested, and then use the other half to cool room, if you keep the lights cool, the room will be cooler.

And put your fan at the start of the manifold... for that many lights i'd say at least a 6inch, maybe a 8

zenoonez

Veteran
^yea too late for the mini split...the grow room is already in bloom so cant get a HVAC guy in there....i like the idea of the portable because i can move it around, etc, and i already had outlets specifically installed for it.

wish i could run more lights like DG does in his grow, but for some reason i always need to carve out paths through the plants because i hand water everything.....a drip system will eventually be installed but for now its all hand water..

Okay then next time the room is empty I would get a mini-split in there and set up some drippers or rcdwc or something less hands on just for ease.

Latest posts

Latest posts