What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blunt69 & the White Widow

R

rule35sub1

Hey Blunt.
Do you have multiple plants in your containers?
I also like the cages, good idea.

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
Nope. what i do is top a clone after its grown it's second node.Very early childhood topping..... Once its transplanted I get two/three stalks per container!!Looks like two huh!?!?!Its all about the multiple tops and strong branching network!!

Peace bros have a great weekend

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Your garden is looking perfect like usual. Whats your nute regimen? Im really curious because your plants always look great even when they are different strains.

Blunt_69

Veteran
Ok i gots some new pics for all my chillen peeps!!

Itsgrowtime. Nute regimen is as follows. When rez is near empty..about every 3-4 days. I refill with either 5ml micro 10bloom.. with normally at least 10ml of hydrozyme per gallon(veg), or 8ml micro 18 bloom with again 10 ml of hydrozyme(bloom).Thats it. I cannot explain the rest of the magic that happens!!Thetrays are extreamly stable ph & ppm wise.. I think thats a main reason why i can run them without massive deff running with no Rez changeouts.

Using my trimeter in flower(is about the only time i need to watch), I keep nute levels around 1000-1200, maximum of 1400ppm when using my PK enhancer, controlling max value using water to lucas ratio. I also weaken my lucas ratio minimally with the dehumidifier water that is fed directly into the REZ.

ogenko took a few more shots for ya brotha showing the pruning job

9118Bonsi25690.jpg

9118pruniglesson101.jpg

this pic is a result of early childhood topping

9118They_just_keep_getting_larger.jpg

9118pruning2315231514.jpg

a little lst using mater cages!!
9118LSTY_topewq532.jpg

and a trippy pic i took while almost dopping the cam at the same time!!

9118tripppy.jpg

have an excellent weekend guys and gals, and be safe!

Last edited:
E

EatShitake

Hey Blunt!

Those 'mater cages are filling in niiiiicely! Can't wait to see the frost storm lay seige to your plants.

:joint:

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Whats the total nute solution volume for your system? You mentioned a res and your trays but please dont ask me to read your old threads again lol. Just the facts, sir. The devil is in the details...

Blunt_69

Veteran
haha see now you asking me questions i cant even remeber..... Thats why i documentated it!!lol

Ok numbers is crunching iswhat you want, here you go
Ruff idea on volume of the magic trays.

49 liters each 1/2 full = 24.5 liters X 3 = 73.50 liters upper trays

Rez trays hold about 60 liters each X2 = 120 liters when fully topped up = 193.50 liters or - 51 gallons total system liquid volume I still have room for one more REz tank if i wanted to.

EatShitake - Its my first time using cages...It all looks great indeed!! Peace bro.

Last edited:

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Wow thats a lot of water. Thats probably why your ppms and ph stay so stable. I think I need to upgrade to a bigger res.

Sleepy

Veteran
man, they look soooooooooooooooo happy! :headbange

wow, that is a lot of water! :nono:

you change it every 3-4 days??!!
:bashhead: holy gaucamole!! :bow: :respect: :jawdrop:

Blunt_69

Veteran
No sleepy i dont change it... I simply add the same ratio to the rez when it gets down. Normally i add 8-14 gallons of lucas+zyme every 3-4 days depending.

Last edited:

ogenko

it's seems clear but one more question Blunt (or maybe two or three)
from your answer to Sleepy, it sounds like you don't have any auto top off system??
just let 'em suck down the solution for 3 or so days and filler back up with more solution?
do you do any topping off with just water?
oh yea, and how much are the feeder lines onn/off?
they look superb.. looks like you might outdo yourself this time

Blunt_69

Veteran
For the most part i simply add back nutrient solution, however I have had overferted before normally happend with the bloom additive.This is where the trimeter comes in extreamly invaluble. It allows me to see whether i need to add nutrients or pain water.
If my ppms have risen subsantially at refill time I have to much nutreints(my plants arn't using it fast enough)Remeber there is still alot of water inside the system when the rez trays need refilling. I will add back pure water to weaken the nutrient profile. By next feeding I am normally good to hit them at full strength again. Again it depends on what my trimeter is telling me.. If the ppms have dropped i know the plants have been using what im giving them..
The one thing that will cause me to flush the entire system is if i see high ppm levels consistently over 2-3 feedings, and i cant fix it (bring it down)using plain water top offs. This means something is not being uptaken by the plant and or collecting into high levels of a certine salt, therefore is taking away from key nutrient profile that is being used. In flower this is key to keep correct.
I havent had to dump a nute solution in the last 3 rounds.Feeder lines are set at every 3 hours for five minutes.. this is changing for flower im going to increase feeder line on time.
Funny you mention an autotop off system!! It's coming just ordered it.. My trays as cool as they are are a bitch to refill. This will fix that problem.. I just keep getting more lazy the system keeps performing!! It gonna be cool stay tuned!

Last edited:

Blunt_69

Veteran
Well gents the true steath of my room is about to be tested in VERY really HUGE big way!! It turns out my brother in law is stopping by for a visit while he is in town - doing some local training here. Well my brother in law is a cop. Better yet.... he is ex drug squad.. Soooooo... i have been posed with an interesting situation indeed..

I designed my room to be 100% non detectable, so im not worried about having him around. I fully intend on doing a complete walk though of my house with him as he has never been here before.

However i do have some bad habit like leaving my pipes out and the occasional roach lying around... I am cleaning this up today.. Is there anything else you guys can suggest to protect my security. Im sure i have though of everything... but please do remind me again.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
If no light leaks, sound leaks, or smell leaks then the room itself should be safe. Just do that full sweep on the house to hide any tools laying around. I had a visitor a few weeks ago, did a sweep but totally forgot about the stack of netpots on the kitchen counter! I guess we get so used to seeing stacks of netpots, trimmers, random pvc pieces, etc sitting around that we overlook them. Empty all ashtrays, throw all of the trash in the house out, a good spraying of air freshener (we also get used to the smells) and you should be fine. Good luck!

Blunt_69

Veteran
Success!!! Man it's weird having a cop in my house!! Everything was kosher.. Then the smoke alarm went off after dinner when were all sitting around on couches....... my heart stopped...Not that i should be worried about fire... but still ....Turned out to be the insent candles(burning like MAD!!!)... Had an excellent dinner and visit. Did i mention how wierd of an experiance this was!!??I dont host much.. let alone da Law!!!

Well after my visitor left I went to go see how the girls were doing without my TLC...they were fine.I am liken the cages for a number of reasons but the best part is if a top grows up to fast, i just stuff it under the cage!!volia Mater cage LST is born, keeping the canopy nice and level !!!lol

The room is very full, i am lucky i flowered them when i did.. they are gonna be BIG and plenteful again...

9118batman45625.jpg

9118good_god4653466.jpg

9118yeah_baby2135.jpg

9118cropsea.jpg

Gotta add some nutrients solution to the system tonight, then shes smooth sailing untill friday!

9118hehehehehe.jpg

Easy to tell the two of em, apart. NL has 7 bladed leafs the WW has 9 blades. they are developomg very even between the two of them...

Last edited:
R

rule35sub1

Glad you passed the test bro.
You should invite me over when it's cutting time, bet I can find your room.
LOL, they look great man.

Ratty696

I bet I could find your room in less than 2 minutes if ya give me an invite for a sample of that widow.