What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevilles Haze x Malawi Killer and A5 x Malawi Killer

Mr.Revolution

Id find a wicked Johnny blaze and cross the a5 with that. Imo it is one of if not the best modern haze hybrids.The incense is def in there.
jb.jpg

Mr.Revolution

Mind as well cross the nevs as well. In fact this might be even better as I don't think you could find a better plant to backcross the Nevs to. Remember Johnny Blaze is Nevs haze x DJ short sativa blueberry male

Dog Star

Veteran
Whats a usually flowering time on A5 cut,i think original,not crosses??

Regards,am still tuned for show..

B

beanz

bit lack of input on my behalf , just wanted to assure people the wheels are in motion ;)

10 each of the a5 x killer and nev x killer ...... there in there with some stiff competition .
picture.php

Spaventa

Veteran
The only thing Ive noticed that surprised me was how much this lot drink - about 30 or 40 percent more than the other tent with JH in it which is identical in all ways other than the strains - all same size and flipped at the same time. This means I could have run them at higher EC - they only drink more to get more food. I will continue to run safe moderate levels this run but if theres a keeper, I would get her dialled and find the limits of her appetite and potential on a one to one basis with tent full of her clones. It could be that half of those plants are the greedy ones and the other might get burnt if I up nutes.

B

beanz

thought I would post pic of the competition , harvested a few killer Malawi today ....grabbed this top for a happy snap
@spaventa hope your ok with a slight detour mate ..... being your thread and all ,
picture.php

picture.php

G

Gr33nSanta

The only thing Ive noticed that surprised me was how much this lot drink - about 30 or 40 percent more than the other tent with JH in it which is identical in all ways other than the strains - all same size and flipped at the same time. This means I could have run them at higher EC - they only drink more to get more food. I will continue to run safe moderate levels this run but if theres a keeper, I would get her dialled and find the limits of her appetite and potential on a one to one basis with tent full of her clones. It could be that half of those plants are the greedy ones and the other might get burnt if I up nutes.
Interesting to read about such differences in how much they drink.

That is one thing I have never paid attention to, it seems to vary from round to round with the same cuts for me.

There are so many factors that I suspect you would need multiple rounds to confirm that she's a hungry beast.

You can certainly dial a plant and get better yield, but there is a balance.

I find chasing maximum yield on a cut does not translate into a better smoke.

My best smoke always come from plants that started fading way early and yielded nugs half the size of what I can do with that plant.

The plants that stay healthy all the way through but are definitely under fed always shine in the smoke.

Spaventa

Veteran
Yes I agree. I think we have a similar take on feeding - less is more ;)

Beanz mate of course it’s welcome - the killer Malawi looks frosty :)

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Spav

The guys that run the old Haze cuts for years use a home made blend of nutes using Cristalon Brown and Calcinit by Yarra .

The trick is to cut the cal /mag / N gradually till mid flower then no more nitrogen and increase PK . The plants fade a lot in late flower , but the calyxes just keep on stacking till 80 -90 days then a week or two flush before chop @ 100 days . They can use an EC of up to 2.0 !

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Spaventa

Veteran
G `day Spav

The guys that run the old Haze cuts for years use a home made blend of nutes using Cristalon Brown and Calcinit by Yarra .

The trick is to cut the cal /mag / N gradually till mid flower then no more nitrogen and increase PK . The plants fade a lot in late flower , but the calyxes just keep on stacking till 80 -90 days then a week or two flush before chop @ 100 days . They can use an EC of up to 2.0 !

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Hey Elmer :) Ive always said that Canna range must be formulated by Haze lovers because its relatively low N and high K. Somebody worked out exactly how high recently and it was actually crazy high but out of dozens of clones and strains Ive only ever seen K toxicity affect 1 or 2 individuals that were crap plants anyway. It takes longer to show up than you run the high EC according to the schedule so its never get to be a problem. By the time Mg and N get locked out, you chopped anyway. I dunno I just do what feels right and wether its by luck or judgement, Im happy I give genetics a fair go.
Don't think I did Purple Haze x Malawi justice. That was a bridge to far indoors at the time because I was still in the dark ages of HPS. They got stressed by the lights, the heat and me letting them go too long, hoping for improvement. I still have some seeds in the fridge stash so I will have another go because these CMH I use now have changed everything.

Latest posts

Latest posts