What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

best lock for storage?

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I rent Cappy out for 500.00 a day. He never sleeps always has bullets and never ever misses.

But a good Master lock is the one to get imho.

Be Well
Mr.Wags

M

medwa

I'll assume we are talking about a rental storage unit. I like shrouded padlocks (see masterlock.com). Those can still be picked but so can tubular locks (see lock-picking.org).

intotheunknown

Veteran
im not a dishonest person by any means. but i could get passed any padlock out there no problem. if a burglar wanted to and knew how hed get through the padlock.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i heard multilocks are hard to break but they are only available for keyed door entry afaik....if they had one for storage padlocks that be dope...

Sukala

Im wildly sorry that I resurrected an old topic from the dead, just have a few interesting observations from personal experience, maybe someone will need this information in the future.

Cylindrical locks are seriously easy to pick. Look up the videos of people opening them with modified Bic pens.

Abloy cylinders are highly resistant to picking or drilling, but are a little weird in their operation.
Medeco cylinders (the ones with the real sidebar installed) are also pretty pick proof.
I have a few Miwa magnetic cam locks that came from Japanese gambling machines. Those are as tamperproof as I've ever seen.

But you're asking about something that cannot be cut or drilled. What sort of vault door and wall is this going into? Anyone with a gas demolition saw isn't going to have a hard time cutting just about any lock or door (perhaps doing it inconspicuously is more difficult though).

No matter how strong you fortify a door, there is always a way in. The most you'll get from a better lock, is some form of evidence left behind of forced entry. That alone however was enough for me to choose to use Medeco locks https://secretstorages.com/best-locks-for-storage-units/ on my home.There are a lot of useful videos on this topic on Youtube. I'll leave one here for general information, I hope this helps someone.Good Luck
[YOUTUBEIF]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsJZ_kKjXcE[/YOUTUBEIF]

Utrinique

Locks

Locks

I do locksports/lock picking for another hobby than cannabis related things.
Just get a decent lock with security pins and not easy to attempt to open with bolt cutters or grinder.

Every lock,safe.etc will always have a bypass way to get in without cutting or burning open anyway should peoplw loose keys and codes.
Most padalocks can be opened in a couple of seconds, putting/welding a padalock cover over your lock like containers are a good deterant
Even expensive U locks for bikes can be opened in a couple of seconds.
So misdirection,time saving, and protection/metal cover for a good padalock with as many security pins in it with a short shackle when closed should put criminals off due to time restraints.

Hope this helps.

Bobby Boucher

Personally, I will never buy a safe. My dude was murdered at 19 with 320 dollars in his pocket in the trunk of his moms car, because people thought he had money.

Easy come easy go. Better to be a ghost, driving shitty cars and wearing old clothes, tucking money away in your attic insulation er whatever.

I've had my entire house torn to shreds by burglars in a matter of 15 minutes, and had a gun safe stolen. Nobody wants to climb into an attic and dig through insulation, though.

Holding on too tightly to things that came by the shore is a bad omen, ime.

Bobby Boucher

Leaving your doors unlocked in Oklahoma.. :-(

Some poor soul had his head bashed in with a brick when he caught a burglar snooping around 20 yards from where I was sleeping in OK. Did not survive. I wound up on the 5 o'clock news that day.

Lock your freaking doors. Even the dude who stole my gun safe used to tell me everyday.. "lock your fuckin door, man".

And please, for the love of god don't let anyone know that you have a gun, and then proceed to leave your doors unlocked.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lock your freaking doors. Even the dude who stole my gun safe used to tell me everyday.. "lock your fuckin door, man".

And please, for the love of god don't let anyone know that you have a gun, and then proceed to leave your doors unlocked.

I hope the person that stole your safe isn't a friend any longer!

in the end... it was already stated...

LOCK ONLY KEEP HONEST PEOPLE HONEST!