What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
What medium do you use in your hempy cups?

One part Vermiculite to three parts Perlite.

I think I have been underfeeding them, probably being over cautious. I bumped up to 400+ PPM yesterday.

(tried to upload a couple pics but keep getting a server error)

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Seems all my concern about transplanting when using Hempys was for nothing. Potted them up today into 3.5g containers. Did so just as I do for soil. No problems whatsoever. They were brought up in the SOLO cups under T5, but now move under 400w MH. Happy with the progress so far. Hopefully I can keep ‘em on the right path.

P1016813.jpeg

P1016826.jpeg

P1016821.jpeg

Great weekend to all!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks @Stinkle!

Happy with how they're doing so far. Noticed a leaflet or two expressing what appears to possibly be cal/mag deficiency... but also had to consider how close I had the light, less than 18" for non air cooled HPS might be too close. Raised the light some and they seem to have responded favorably. Hopefully that's all it was.

Day 14 from flip:

P3037216.jpeg

P3037206.jpeg

P3037200.jpeg

P3037214.jpeg

Knotting up nicely for two weeks into flower.

Happy Sunday!

weedemart

Thanks @Stinkle!

Happy with how they're doing so far. Noticed a leaflet or two expressing what appears to possibly be cal/mag deficiency... but also had to consider how close I had the light, less than 18" for non air cooled HPS might be too close. Raised the light some and they seem to have responded favorably. Hopefully that's all it was.

Day 14 from flip:

View attachment 18968370
View attachment 18968371
View attachment 18968372
View attachment 18968373

Knotting up nicely for two weeks into flower.

Happy Sunday!
Very nice.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Hello, what EC are you watering with and how often? Thank you

Hi Miguel,

I am not measuring EC. I am trying to keep things as simple as possible. I am using GH Flora nutrients with Lucas Formula. I adjust pH down to 5.8 after mixing nutrients. When starting these plants I did follow the feed schedule on the side of the bottles, meaning I was using the Grow bottle. After potting up to veg them I switched to LF (8ml Micro, 16ml Bloom per gallon of water).

Since starting these I have started more seed plants as well as cuts in Hempys. I am no longer using the Grow bottle when doing so. I read that under less light intensity that 5ml Micro, 10ml Bloom is recommended. Here's some cuts I put into flower five days ago:
P3127450.jpeg

These were started at the 5:10 ratio. They were potted up from SOLO cups into 2g containers. I watered them in at the same ratio and they've been watered once more, yesterday, at that ratio. At next water and thereafter I will bump up to 8:16. Unless I see signs of displeasure, if so, I will back it down.

Here's some seedlings alongside one cut (back left). All are being fed/watered at the 5:10 ratio.
P3127457.jpeg

Frequency of watering/feeding is judged by the good ole 'heft-the-container-to-judge-weight' method, same as I do for soil grows.

Grabbed these pics yesterday, day 22:
P3117397.jpeg

P3117402.jpeg

P3117403.jpeg

(compare those to the above pics at day 14—it's only 8 days later!)

Hempy Buckets = :plant grow:

Miguel83

Hi Miguel,

I am not measuring EC. I am trying to keep things as simple as possible. I am using GH Flora nutrients with Lucas Formula. I adjust pH down to 5.8 after mixing nutrients. When starting these plants I did follow the feed schedule on the side of the bottles, meaning I was using the Grow bottle. After potting up to veg them I switched to LF (8ml Micro, 16ml Bloom per gallon of water).

Since starting these I have started more seed plants as well as cuts in Hempys. I am no longer using the Grow bottle when doing so. I read that under less light intensity that 5ml Micro, 10ml Bloom is recommended. Here's some cuts I put into flower five days ago:
View attachment 18972422
These were started at the 5:10 ratio. They were potted up from SOLO cups into 2g containers. I watered them in at the same ratio and they've been watered once more, yesterday, at that ratio. At next water and thereafter I will bump up to 8:16. Unless I see signs of displeasure, if so, I will back it down.

Here's some seedlings alongside one cut (back left). All are being fed/watered at the 5:10 ratio.
View attachment 18972430

Frequency of watering/feeding is judged by the good ole 'heft-the-container-to-judge-weight' method, same as I do for soil grows.

Grabbed these pics yesterday, day 22:
View attachment 18972433
View attachment 18972434
View attachment 18972435

(compare those to the above pics at day 14—it's only 8 days later!)

Hempy Buckets = :plant grow:
Thank you very much, they look amazing.

Latest posts

Latest posts