What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is in Juul type cartridges??

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
My friend has been getting cartridges that work with electronic cigarettes, but are some sort of extract.

What is in these?? It looked more liquid than typical BHO. Is there some solvents or flavorings added? I took a hit of one that tasted absolutely wonderful, think he said it was fruity pebbles.

What do they sell for on West Coast?

Thanks!!

Loc Dog

Veteran
Nicotine Juul uses nicotine salts. They are preferred over traditional nicotine extracted forms because they hit softer and require less energy to vaporize. Nicotine salts exist naturally in tobacco and have a more instant effect compared to freebase nicotine, much like a traditional cigarette.

I was interested in what is in the cannabis cartridges. Is it BHO mixed with something? Any BHO I have made is like tar. The one my friend had looked liquid.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Terpenes if you're talking about cannabis carts, idk what the nicotine type carts use.

Do terpenes come through with BHO extraction?? I was wondering if they added flavor to the thc cartridges, like they do with nicotine ones. Any links on how take make them, or even what they are called.

Loc Dog

Veteran
yeah that will work

I knew there was no way it could taste that fruity from terpenes. It was sweet like candy. I hear they last about a month. Friend said they are imprinted with THC level on packaging. Some one brings back from west coast business trips.

KokoKush

PEG, and extracted terpenes are the most common additives. PEG is mostly fased out in prefills. PG is rarely used because it doesnt mix with oil well. Products that turn shatter or concentrate into vapeable liquid commonly use PEG as the solvent. Terpenes are also used for this purpose but are much more expensive. Terpenes can come through on a co2 extraction but they must be specifically sought for. If the taste is amaze balls then its most likely added terpenes. A lot of the "pure cannabis oil" carts are just co2 extract that has terpenes reintroduced.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
And, be careful about who and what you deal with when buying and adding terps. After the True Terpenes affair, I simply don't trust any of them any more.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
And, be careful about who and what you deal with when buying and adding terps. After the True Terpenes affair, I simply don't trust any of them any more.

Yep. I'm never buying those distillate carts ever again because of what I learned from that True Terpenes debacle. I admit they are nice. But there apparently aren't enough regulations and checks in place in the industry yet, so we're kind of back in the "patent medicine" days.

IqHXF1s.jpg

redlaser

Veteran
Maybe there is extensive research on inhaling propylene glycol and other adulterants in the carts, but it seems like people are volunteering to be lab rats in hopes that it’s not harmful.

CaptainDankness

I knew there was no way it could taste that fruity from terpenes. It was sweet like candy. I hear they last about a month. Friend said they are imprinted with THC level on packaging. Some one brings back from west coast business trips.

It's all bullshit, the carts claim to be around 90% THC on the packages, but I can buy these cartridges and packages from China and fill it with watered down wax, like we are getting on the East coast. Probably just propylene glycol, terpines and wax I'd imagine heat it up and it should mix alright.

Some are better than others but most are pretty weak, they have nothing on my hash. Now if they were properly made like at least some on the West coast that actually have a really thick oil it would probably be really good, like a dab mixed with terps.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Exotic-Car...779325?hash=item2ad090d5fd:g:si0AAOSw8ttdLfLY

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep. I'm never buying those distillate carts ever again because of what I learned from that True Terpenes debacle. I admit they are nice. But there apparently aren't enough regulations and checks in place in the industry yet, so we're kind of back in the "patent medicine" days.

View Image

I'm going to buy a Humboldt Vape Tech Sequoia and use my pressed rosin in that.

Already have the box mod from my vaping days just sitting here collecting dust since I quit a couple years ago.