What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strains that Stink and you can smell far away?

Wendull C.

Veteran
Og kush of course, and cherry pie. Either grown right will have people searching isles in the store for you because you forgot where they put the giant box if Turkey bags.

I am in a legal state, so it's funny to me. 15 years ago I would not leave the house or building where we were trimming for any reason without a bleach and lysol shower.

But for real head snapping go to the DMV after you think you're clean of the cherry pie stench and watch people. One guys wife said "I smell weed."
He said " no, you smell good fucking weed!"

For anyone who hasn't found out the hard way, leather jackets absorb the smell for months too.

yahooman

"THE" cut of ECSD reeks so bad it's amazing. It's been around for what... 20 years now? 100yds from my house and you could smell what seemed like a "FIELD" of cannabis growing. It was 4 plants, about 3' tall. lol (Edit: The cut also totally short circuited my memory. Mislabled her and lost it. lol)

ya,ecsd does reek

CannaZen

Skunk was alluring to me in my youth. I found myself laughing an adult knew i smoked and i didn't know. Musky fruit hash scents are what i like to grow today.

M

moose eater

Trying this -one- more time & coming from an era...

Trying this -one- more time & coming from an era...

... when 'computers' looked a whole lot like an abacus. 'Cause that's what they were...

First image is of a rooting, currently forgiving me for a bad veg mix, California Indica that's several days away from going into a hurried 12:12 flip; I'd have typically given another week at least to let her get settled, but...

Second image is of the less-than-content CI mom, in the suspect veg mix, shortly headed for relief, but quietly cussing under her breath, telling me what a poor excuse of a lethargic gardener I am.

Third is of my sweetie currently & ready for 12:12 tomorrow; the Greenhouse Super Lemon Haze, with slightly less production than some, but uber sticky resin, that feels like a cross between brown sugar, and Katama Gold hash. She makes few demands, clones easily, has a very nice lemon scent, and gets at least one nearly-70 year old veteran stoned enough that he told me that "if you smoke enough of her, you may find yourself sitting in a window sill naked, licking your hands like a cat." (*I haven't had that experience yet, but there's always tomorrow...)

4th is simply ego and pride.

Edit: I don't know how to post images in threads that expand to a larger view.

The images above, and more, can be viewed at my profile page in larger format, though, as stated, they will not remain intact or on-line indefinitely.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Ecsd, and a cut of sensi star gifted by an OG member back in like 02-03..That cut was the most raunchy fruity danky strain I've ever had in my life.

OP

Wendull C.

Veteran
Check out karmas work. He has done some great work on the ecsd and og kush. Best I have seen in seed form.

I can get any cuts I don't have and would still rather do a large sort of his beans to find something special. Like a pheno of hash bar og from archive we found. Pure spicy og hash smell with a devastating indica effect. I had to be dragged from the kitchen like a drunk because I was going to cook a second dinner red eyed and loaded as all hell. I didnt realize how loaded i was until that.

I still snuck 3 chili dogs though....

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
Ecsd if cultivated correctly it has not rivals... Jet fuel og, la affie, pine queen, headband, gmo are also smell bombs.... A pheno of holy roller by archive despite the carbon filter, you can smell it 30 meters to home.. Putrid halitosis..

RomulanJake

Hey, Im looking for some strains that when growing outdoors or indoors you can smell from a long ways away? (yes i know RoadKill Skunk but beside this strain) Wanting something stinky as all get out.

Romulan (at least the cuts I grow) cannot be stopped with filters even. You'll smell it at least from the street, if not much further. Cant bag it, or you'll stink up the car/house.

Im happy to see someone else who looks for this quality. Herb needs to stink so badly, that it makes me sneeze.. thats my motto.

Gone Camping

I sneak a single in the garden each year, last year it was an HSO Chemdawg. It had me worrying while still vegging, fortunately im at a dead end and the prevailing winds typically blew into the 65 acres on the side with no neighbors.

But at times after pulling into the drive, or walking to garage i'd get hit with a heavy odor. One neighbor commented on it..

JetLife175

Veteran
is shoreline a clone or is it in seed form?

The one mentioned earlier in this thread is a clone only. Some people have been working it into a proper seed line but nothing is available publically from what I understand.

She’s really one of the stinkiest plants I’ve ever come across.

My top 3 right now on the smell projection is

Shoreline
GMO Cookies
Chem D

JetLife175

Veteran
Check out karmas work. He has done some great work on the ecsd and og kush. Best I have seen in seed form.

I can get any cuts I don't have and would still rather do a large sort of his beans to find something special. Like a pheno of hash bar og from archive we found. Pure spicy og hash smell with a devastating indica effect. I had to be dragged from the kitchen like a drunk because I was going to cook a second dinner red eyed and loaded as all hell. I didnt realize how loaded i was until that.

I still snuck 3 chili dogs though....

Not that long ago some bags of hashbar OG came around, hadn’t tried it before that. I found it verrrrrrry heavy and it definitely gave the KO punch at the end of the day that I needed. I can smoke OG allllll day, but the hashbar you need to be careful with. I wonder if the pheno I smoked was anything like yours.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Not that long ago some bags of hashbar OG came around, hadn’t tried it before that. I found it verrrrrrry heavy and it definitely gave the KO punch at the end of the day that I needed. I can smoke OG allllll day, but the hashbar you need to be careful with. I wonder if the pheno I smoked was anything like yours.

It seemed to be common in the line. I presume from the hash plant. The high is funny though. It is all body, very little head high, it seems. Then if you actually sit and think about it you are high as hell and stuck to the couch. The only reason to get up is to raid the fridge.

I made the mistake of smoking some yesterday morning to relax after a long week. The term "day wrecker " got a new meaning for me. Original diesel has a much more productive high to me than the hash bar.

Anyone looking for a strain to help you sleep, like the thread I started and a couple more people since then asking the same thing, this is your strain. I can smoke with the best of em but this shit would knock out a mule on adderall. :biggrin:

yahooman

if you want pure stink,try elite kings chem91bx,csi humbolt chem91 s1 or cannavenure chem91 s1....max stink and face melting potency

JockBudman

UK cheese was well known to go through filters, brick walls and often led to a bust when too many were running at once in a grow.

It's part of the reason no one really grows it anymore, although it seems to have been replaced by stardawg which also fuckin pongs.

Personally I don't like the stinking strains - I'm stuck with the stardawg at the moment and it reeks so bad my neighbour got wind of me smoking a zoot and I got a text. Thankfully it was friendly enough and I was really apologetic and now smoke outside away from home only.

I know it's different for legal growers and smokers in other places and you guys don't have to fear the filth so much but in the interests of furthering our relationship with the wider community, I wish there was less focus on stench.
We need to appreciate that not everyone likes the smell of weed and if the stoner community is to be accepted, we can't be stinking out our houses and neighborhoods so bad that people around us take exception. It's just obnoxious behaviour and really inconsiderate.

I was smoking in the grow room with the filter going full blast but had a few in other rooms now and then and I think it's that that got to the neighbors. Maybe I'd be ok with an air purifier plus carbon filter and extraction running whilst I smoke but I don't want to take the chance.

I guess though, if you're looking for a honker, stardawg gets another (grudging) vote from me :laughing:

:tiphat:

X

xavier7995

Not eactly sure which plant it is, but one of them is absolutely killing my carbon filter. Guessing its this ghost train haze chuck that i made based on the lemon and gas smells. My sense of smell isnt great so i cant pinpoint which plant it is, just when i walk past the vent outside. Sorry neighbors...but well you guys yell bible verses in your back yard and i gotta listen to that so you can enjoy my weed funk.