What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anti siphon question.

maimunji

So planing to instal Blumfeldt irrigation system but dont know where to put this anti siphon set. Any help.
What actually do and where to put it.
Here is.
picture.php

Pumpkin

Veteran
I'm not sure of your situation, or system, but i would guess anywhere above the level of your pots, and preferably above your reservoir, so it can leak anything back into your tank.

maimunji

Here is. But where before this 4 way connector that spread water. And how to attach to system? Cant understand what actually do.
picture.php

eric2028

Veteran
Pop a hole in your main line coming from the pump. Make sure this hole is above the highest water level in your Rez. I use a barbed 1/4”elbow for this so the water shoots back down into your Rez. I also use black hydro hose.

Last edited:

maimunji

Pop a hole in your main line coming from the pump. Make sure this hole is above the highest water level in your Rez. I use a barbed 1/4”elbow for this so the water shoots back down into your Rez. I also use black hydro hose.

Yes hose is black but cant understand about pop hole sorry bro my english isnt best..
If i pop hole water will flow from there and will be back in to rez i understand this but what is reason behind this why is this needed? Overflow? Maybe i need to ser up this shit and experiment. What will be happening without this anti siphone?

redlaser

Veteran
Without the anti siphon tube or fitting, the water would continue to be siphoned out of the water tank unless you have a valve turning it off each time.
The plants would get more water than needed.
If the water tank is lower than the plants it’s not an issue, but if it’s on the same level or higher than plants it will be.