What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is the legal cannabis system corrupt?

shaggyballs

Veteran
Even the cops say there is corruption.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-pot-corruption-20190317-story.html

“There is no doubt in my mind that the multi-billion-dollar nature of the marijuana industry is corrupting public officials,” said Lopey, a 41-year veteran of law enforcement who began his full-time career as a California Highway Patrol officer stationed in East Los Angeles.

How many bribes were accepted in the legal market and we never heard a peep?

Gry

Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here !

HHILL

Well, there was that 60 acre semi legit farm in Buellton, CA that was raided and plants chopped.....cops said that boxes were flying out the back door right and left to black market states. I’d say the farmer may have been corrupt, there should have been plenty of herb for them to turn a profit in state. Or maybe the farmer didn’t bribe the proper authorities, lol....

Wendull C.

Veteran
Yes. Why do you think the feds worked so hard to rid the country of cosa nostra? The government hates competition. Fucking criminals.

But, my dad taught me you can steal more with a briefcase than a gun....

MedFaced

Tehe.

I'm not looking forward to the day that the cannabis industry finds itself on the same situation as Big Tobacco. It makes me sad to see so much history repeat itself.

Not that Law Enforcement isn't equally corrupt. Just harder to catch.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
"...As through this life you travel, you'll meet some funny men;

some rob you with a six-gun and some with a fountain pen..."

"Pretty Boy Floyd" written by Woody Guthrie

but best performance by the Byrds.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA3hJEbUp7g

used car salesmen
mattress salesmen
insurance salesmen,
but local politicians are the worst of the bunch when it come to trying to seperate you from your money...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"...As through this life you travel, you'll meet some funny men;

some rob you with a six-gun and some with a fountain pen..."

"Pretty Boy Floyd" written by Woody Guthrie

but best performance by the Byrds.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA3hJEbUp7g

used car salesmen
mattress salesmen
insurance salesmen,
but local politicians are the worst of the bunch when it come to trying to seperate you from your money...

Yep....spot on, Bud! ;o)

Wendull C.

Veteran
Nice quote bud, I have never heard it put that way. Mu dad also taught me if you have enough money you can get away with murder. My upper middle class mom argued as she was very sheltered by good parents( dad grew up in the bronx). She quit arguing after the OJ Simpson trial though.

After her having to live with me because of her health she is as cynical as my dad was. I am worse because I have survived this business since a seed was jail time and a pound was prison.

It's like she was two different people. At least she woke up. Then she realized we were right all along. After what it said on my last search warrant for my warehouses her mind changed definitely.

Gry

Hard pressed to really address the 'legal' market, but the compassionate use act was more than
a blessing in my life, and as I sit here contemplating the rent , I sure do miss it.

Amynamous

I support a world where people do not go to prison for enjoying the herb at home, and where people are not discriminated in the workplace for their responsible use. That being said, i think we will eventually see a world where big bud looks a lot like big tobacco or big beer. There is no escape from this, it is the way of the world. The cool states will allow home grow, the uncool states will not, at least not in the beginning. Move accordingly.

MtnGanj

Money does bring out the greed in the human condition, however I don’t think we will ever end up in the same situation as Big Tobacco as some have stated. There will be no “covering up the fact that cannabis kills” as we all know that false equivalency to big tobacco is simply ridiculous. Apples and oranges and I get tired of the comparison (especially from the propagandizing Kevin Sabets of the world).

T

TakenByTheSky

Any time there is a 25% tax slapped on something it's corrupt!

Latest posts

Latest posts