What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

5 Year Old Seeds (Did they Pop?)

Fixer

Greetings! I've been out of circulation since 2014 when my ex-wife shut me down. I had a long run of successful mini grows in a one meter cubed grow tent in my crawl space. There was only about 4' of head room hence the small tent.

The end result was that I threw all of my gear into storage and stuffed my seeds into a drawer and am just getting back at it. The current rig is a 18" x 36" x 60" tent with a combination DWC/drip feed system with a Mars II 400 LED. I'll be using up my old Technaflora Recipe for Success nutes.

When I retired I had a bunch of Mephisto autoflower seeds. So for my reintroduction inaugural run I've thrown six, five year old Sour Crack Auto seeds into some damp paper towel and I'm going to see what happens.

Stay tuned. :clock watch:

Attachments

• IMG_1513.JPG
    IMG_1513.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Fixer

It's been about 36 hours and my first seed has shown signs of life. I've got a little tap root breaking through. :woohoo:

Drop That Sound

WB. Gotta love when your ex makes a big deal out of something that you love, probably because its the only thing she can think of huh? I'm getting ancy to get back into my favorite hobby as well, and been sitting on 4-5 unfinished projects I had going. Hoping to finally get a parenting plan after like 4 years of letting the case get closed 3 times Luckily the sheriffs got tired of coming to my house for multiple welfare checks ( I didn't let them search even though I was completely legal).. even they were telling me she is crazy after the 3rd time lol. I hope my 3-4 seeds will pop and I get my same strain back too..

Fixer

Thanks NE & AgentPothead. Drop That Sound I was fortunate that my Ex and I parted on speaking terms. The payout and child support are a bit of a bummer but it seems like things could have been a lot worst from the sound of your story. Keep your head up and get back to your plants. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy growing. :tiphat:

Fixer

Oh and BTW all of my seeds have opened. the last one is having a real hard time making it's way out of the seed coat. :woohoo:

Attachments

• IMG_1542.JPG
    IMG_1542.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 41

Fixer

One of the seeds is really pathetic. I may try to grow it in my AeroGarden.

Last edited:

Fixer

They’re basking in the sun.

Attachments

• 7AAB24D1-A0EC-46E5-86CA-E9F518F83F67.jpg
    7AAB24D1-A0EC-46E5-86CA-E9F518F83F67.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 35
  • C64631C4-9150-4F3E-99F1-77E627092E39.jpg
    C64631C4-9150-4F3E-99F1-77E627092E39.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 38

Fixer

Dont give up on it,we've all had a runt that turned out to be a diamond in the rough.
:watchplant:

Thanks New England! I planted 6 to keep 4 in the tent. I’ll try moving the two smallest seedlings into an ol AeroGarden I bought on eBay but have never used. I’ve always wanted to try growing in the AeroGarden. I’m not sure how I’ll keep autoflower plants short. I’ll probably try topping them although I don’t know how well it works with these plants. :tiphat:

Fixer

Here's the smallest and largest seedlings!

Attachments

• IMG_1589.jpg
    IMG_1589.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1590.jpg
    IMG_1590.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 39