What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gry could use your thoughts, prayers, meditations, or what ever you have to offer

M

Mr D

How? Paypal? I am certainly in.

I don't think he has a paypal account so cash is probably best. Certainly money order would work but I'm trying to make it as easy as possible for him which would be cash. He's having a rough day so as soon as I have contact info for him I'll PM everyone or you can PM him yourself and make arrangements.

Thanks brother

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Will get some cash in the mail today or tomorrow.

But must say I am concerned about the thought of Gry, with underlying conditions, receiving cash from different sources from different corners... needless worry?

Best wishes, Gry.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am a cash kinda guy also. Do not get the address out in public view, as that could cause security issues.

No medical supply company local that can come out and set this up? What city are we talking? With WuFlu affecting the lungs, sometimes permanently, I bet portable O2 concentrators get scarce as people start using them.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am a cash kinda guy also. Do not get the address out in public view, as that could cause security issues.

No medical supply company local that can come out and set this up? What city are we talking? With WuFlu affecting the lungs, sometimes permanently, I bet portable O2 concentrators get scarce as people start using them.

Rental prices are ridiculous,a couple or 3 months of renting one and you could have owned one.

It would be nice to find a provider in his area that would be willing to accept payments from multiple donors over the phone.But I dont think any would.

Meaning for purchase and delivery/setup.....service when needed.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
But must say I am concerned about the thought of Gry, with underlying conditions, receiving cash from different sources from different corners... needless worry?

Best wishes, Gry.

Agreed I myself have copd and would not want any cash sent from anywhere around the world with this coronavirus disease happening I think paypal is the way forward count me in once its set up.:tiphat:
Best Wishes From The UK Gry.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Please send me the addy and I'll hand-wash the cash before mailing (I'd microwave but don't trust the concealed strip inside the bills).:tiphat:

hayday

Veteran
Send me the addy also. All I can do is an alcohol wipedown for a single bill but I will do that. I'm more than happy to help.

M

Mr D

I PM'd everyone who expressed an interest if I missed you please PM me or Gry for the paypal info.

Thanks all, still need a few more folks to chip in so he get this ordered asap.

redlaser

Veteran
With a gift card, can pm digits.

Gry, is the lack of effectiveness with the warm water due to the oxygen issues ? Sounds like it is

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Card is on its way.

Not sure the validity of this, but found this online:

“You can iron paper bills, like the American ones, on rather high heat. Just the same iron you use for your clothing, at the hottest setting, but no steam. It will kill all viruses.”

(Not sure why the recommendation is to not use steam. Highest setting on my iron is the steam range. The steam did not appear to hurt in any way.)

I have no reason to suspect I am infected - but did wear gloves, iron the bills I sent, and did not lick the envelope.

Great to see PayPal now as a option - Good work, Mr. D.

M

Mr D

Should have mentioned to use the friends and family option so paypal doesn't take a cut.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Should have mentioned to use the friends and family option so paypal doesn't take a cut.

They are still taking 3% out, just like a business. I see, because I don't link to my bank acct. That's OK.

I hope Gry can get some needed oxygen now.

Last edited:
M

moose eater

Re. sterilizing bills and /or packages, gift cards, etc., a microbiology person, former significant other of a long-time friend, stated that a 5% bleach solution in a spray bottle pretty well kills everything.

For qualification of claim, however, COVID19 is a new critter about which the learning curve is still being built.

That said, 1 TBSP concentrated bleach to a cup of H2O, in a spray bottle, ought to do the trick nicely, assuming COVID19 hates bleach the way most viruses and bacteria do.

Thanks everyone, once again, for kicking in.

Edit: If the item has an embedded code, such as on a gift card, pre-paid credit card, etc., though the numbers encoded and visible should still be valid, assuming security code, etc., isn't erased in the process. I can't vouch for the bleach solution NOT damaging those aspects.. This would/will require more research.