What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gry could use your thoughts, prayers, meditations, or what ever you have to offer

DrDee

Hey Gry,
Good thoughts coming your way from the Washington coast. I'm a retired guy and was recently diagnosed with a chronically collapsed left lower lung lobe. It's a bitch not being able to breath and I really feel for you. I was awaiting surgery when this virus thing hit. So I also am at super high risk.

Hang in there...the spirit world is real and there's at least some emotional support to prayer and meditation. Just took some olive oil infusion and once good and stoned...I'll do a focused meditation with your health in mind.
Take care,
John Dee

Gry

When I had the wonderful gig working at a rescue place I used to refer to as my gig at the cat house, I gave serious thought to buying an oxygen concintrator.
I anticipated I would have been put on oxygen quite a while ago.
The newer concintrators are wonderful.
They are designed for relatively short term use in addition to and as a supplement
to traditional oxygen.

Am aware that they appear lucrative, but have real concerns that they would likely make me feel

much better.

My fear is that I will very rapidly become heavily dependent upon the device,and it will then

go out on me.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

M

Mr D

When I had the wonderful gig working at a rescue place I used to refer to as my gig at the cat house, I gave serious thought to buying one.

Were our medical system less tattered, I would have been on it months ago.

They are designed for relatively short term use in addition to and as a supplement
to traditional oxygen.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Wonderful to sleep with if nothing else.

Gry

When I had the wonderful gig working at a rescue place I used to refer to as my gig at the cat house, I gave serious thought to buying an oxygen concintrator.
They are designed for relatively short term use in addition to and as a supplement to traditional oxygen.
Have nightmarish thoughts of becoming dependent on an
oxygen concintrator, only to have it go out on me.
Wondering if the wisest and most cost effective approach
would be to carefully buy oxygen gear from craigslist.

To feel cared for by this group is as close to making it back home as

I can imagine. Thank you

M

Mr D

The one that runs the whole time, not just when you inhale, is $2500ish. Has a 3 hr Li-ion battery and can be plugged in.

https://www.homehealth.estore.phili...mplygo-portable-oxygen-concentrator/p/1068987

Or a portable bottle. I am in for helping also. Anyone know how to do a go-fund-me page?

Here is a high quality reconditioned unit that comes with a 1 yr. warranty and for $100 more you can get a 5 year warranty. This is a AAA+ rated company that has been in business for 30 years.

https://www.oxygenplusconcentrators...-oxygen-concentrator-1?variant=18292309393477

I personally own a unit purchased from this company. Like I said in the previous post with shipping and needed supplies it comes to exactly $594.78

Gry,

I'm not sure about becoming dependent if used for sleeping on the lowest setting. The unit should run for 20,000 hrs. before maintenance is required, that's about 7 years if used 8hrs. a night. My wife used a similar unit for 6 months 24/7 without a single problem from the unit.

Using bottled oxygen can easily exceed the cost of a concentrator over the long run. Bottled oxygen deliveries from Praxair or other suppliers does not always go smoothly in the best of times. I think bottled oxygen is great back up if the concentrator fails but it's a bit cumbersome for everyday use.

M

Mr D

Thank you so for that.

If you are open to the idea I'd like to see someone take the lead as I currently have my hands full living in the middle of the US epicenter trying to take of my wife and family.

So far we have 2 offers of $20, only need 28 more members to step up and throw $20 in the kitty.

C

Capra ibex

If someone works out a gofundme or whatever it is and i can be sure that the money i send goes to helping Gry, i will be happy to help a little.

M

Mr D

If someone works out a gofundme or whatever it is and i can be sure that the money i send goes to helping Gry, i will be happy to help a little.

If you are in a legal state it would be great if we could send you the funds. I trust you.

Gofundme takes a cut.

Leaf Eater

Moose eater is a stand up guy......
Dunno what he is up to......

I am able to donate a pack of seeds for my end if anyone will front the cash.
Or auction them and see if you can get more.
Gotta see what I have.
Is this do-able?

M

Mr D

Moose eater is a stand up guy......
Dunno what he is up to......

I am able to donate a pack of seeds for my end if anyone will front the cash.
Or auction them and see if you can get more.
Gotta see what I have.
Is this do-able?

I think it's very doable. Just need a well known member in a legal state willing to give out an address to send donations to. Getting close $160 of the needed $600 after just a couple hours.

If known member in a legal state has a PO box that could help protect that persons personal info.

C

Capra ibex

I could also send some seeds instead of $$$$ if it ended up giving more value.
(If anyone even wanted the seeds)

M

moose eater

I appreciate the compliment & statement of confidence, Leaf Eater.

Last time I engaged in organizing care packages and other forms of support for Gry, months ago, near the beginning of this thread, we 'rolled the dice,' and I did what I have done for decades; flew by the seat of my pants, relying on my gut, general sense of other members, familiarity or knowledge of their pasts at ICM, etc. Even then, there was gambling on trust, etc.

It went fairly well, I think.

Folks trusted Gry to make good use of the funds, care packages, etc., saw what was perceived as a real need, and I simply (privately) provided Gry's address to those I felt comfortable with (which was damned near anyone who offered, though trust, generosity, and compassion often travel together, so maybe not surprising or coincidence).

Many of us, including myself, have entanglements that go beyond gardening or 'gray business.'

My days of dealing and taking risks in the gray areas of life have mostly ended, but I have other entanglements, as well. Persons close to me who have positions that bridge private and government entities, and, in other areas of my life, recently going out of my way to hold both a branch of Gov., and a specific private person accountable, to the extent of engaging in a low-grade war of sorts. More than one of those circumstance at the moment. Less than ideal time to show my undies, as it were, connecting my real name and such with my screen name, might lend itself to risk of sorts not typically considered here... Frankly, my ego has allowed me to post far too many specifics from my past adventures, and it's a vulnerability.

So.... with that said.... Batter up..

We're a bit strapped, but I can come up with another couple bucks.

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Im good for a few bucks on this also....sending good vibes in the meanwhile.

M

Mr D

Ok guys we solved the problem. Contact Gry and we can send the money direct to him.