What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Katsu's MASSIVE P98 Bubba Kush Reversal Bean Run

Katsu

Veteran
But but that's a male lol sorry I had to

I've been doing this for a while, but I certainly don't profess to know everything. I was curious after I was accused of posting a picture of a male (as opposed to the reversed P98) if there was any way to tell if a plant has been reversed or not (I certainly can't). I mean, usually there's less flowering and pollen but unless you're doing a side by side, how could you tell?

Anyhow, I'm throwing it out to you guys to tell me if there IS a way to tell if a plant was originally a female that was reversed as opposed to a male. Thoughts?

Katsu

Veteran
Good luck with this one Katsu, a few thoughts as strains and crosses and speculating is fun!

Was thinking the same thing for Blackberry Kush: does BK help potency out?

GG4, OGKB, chemSis: BK seems nicely complimentary to these for something stoney and heavy- hello indicaTown! Also the S1s

Bandaid Haze- gettin diverse here! The range of phenos should be quite interesting. Love seeing your pics of the Bandaid in the other thread

I’m not too familiar with Key Lime or 91 dragons. Guessing some Chem 91 in the Dragons so maybe similar comment to that indicaTown group

Awesomely fun project ya got going on

Thanks for stopping by. Bubba has some pretty dominant genes so I'm hoping the narcotic high will carry over to the Blackberry Kush. This is my first time with the 91 Dragons (I have an unseeded one in another tent almost done, I took a sample bud) but the lineage is interesting so I threw one in the seed tent to see what I would get :) The 91 Dragons reminds me of spices from the Far East.

3rd-3yed

Veteran
I've heard the Blackberry Kush is colorfull and frosty but pretty bland taste wise so I think Pre-98 will also enhance her taste...

Good luck Brother :tiphat:

Katsu

Veteran
This particular Blackberry Kush was pheno hunted for flavor by other respected members

3rd-3yed

Veteran
This particular Blackberry Kush was pheno hunted for flavor by other respected members

Thanks for the info, great to know that it have flavor. So I guess it's not the same as the famous Blackberry Kush clone floating in Cali circles since many years? The BK I talk about is the one Cannaventure and Relentless have used in some projects...

Katsu

Veteran
Guessing one might be hoping for flavor from Blackberry with more potency from the BK side?

I love the flavor of Bubba, but I would just like to have some of that Blackberry terp profile in something that kicks a little more ass...

B

beanz

I've been doing this for a while, but I certainly don't profess to know everything. I was curious after I was accused of posting a picture of a male (as opposed to the reversed P98) if there was any way to tell if a plant has been reversed or not (I certainly can't). I mean, usually there's less flowering and pollen but unless you're doing a side by side, how could you tell?

Anyhow, I'm throwing it out to you guys to tell me if there IS a way to tell if a plant was originally a female that was reversed as opposed to a male. Thoughts?

my cheeky side says , when the off spring is male and female . its a reg male .

no real way to tell I,ve noticed , other than reversed females flowers are alot denser and more compacted like a female flower . male flowers seem to be more loosely packed than a reversed females .

last season I accidentally put a reg male with a heap of reversed females and it was pretty obvious of my mistake .

also reg males flower alot faster than a reversed females .

thats from the little I know about reversed females .

Katsu

Veteran
my cheeky side says , when the off spring is male and female . its a reg male .

no real way to tell I,ve noticed , other than reversed females flowers are alot denser and more compacted like a female flower . male flowers seem to be more loosely packed than a reversed females .

last season I accidentally put a reg male with a heap of reversed females and it was pretty obvious of my mistake .

also reg males flower alot faster than a reversed females .

thats from the little I know about reversed females .

My experience as well. Thanks for the response. I will show you the picture that precipitated this conversation.

Attachments

• reversed.jpg
    reversed.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 47

nickman

Veteran
You’ve got some nice projects going on there buddy...!!!...
a few of those crosses should be fire ...!!!...

Katsu

Veteran
You’ve got some nice projects going on there buddy...!!!...
a few of those crosses should be fire ...!!!...

Thanks much! The S1's, the GG4 cross and the ECSD cross I've done before (and they're great :) ). The others are untested, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to find some really cool keepers!!

JimMuscles

Hope im not bothering you katsu.

91 dragons sounds like an asian gang.. So maybe triads vs bubba? Or yakuza vs bubba? Or even just 91 dragons vs bubba? Bubba to me is a nickname for a male friend. Is that what this means in your bubba kush? Or is it like bubba(bubble) gum?

JimMuscles

Bubbas berry bush = blackberry kush x bk
Bubbas black bush
Bubbas black kush
Bubba bush .....

Bush=blackberry + kush mash up

Black bubba kush
The blacker the berry kush