What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can we use Coconut water as a Main Flowering Nutrient?

osirica420

I guess we shall see...

Floranova - 100 - 200 ppm
Sea Minerals - 1000 ppm at all times!
Unheated Coconut water 60ml -200ml per gallon

NO PH MANIPULATION!

here we got some baby clones gifted to me in dirrrt(smh) put in coco/dwc - six strains (one a reveg)..

4 Cobb LED 1000watts actual power usage!
1 Vertical 600watt HPS

MARCH 3rd!

BHBxWoR.jpg

2019-03-08-09-37-49.jpg

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess we shall see...

NO PH MANIPULATION!

here we got some baby clones gifted to me in dirrrt(smh) put in coco/dwc - six strains (one a reveg)..

4 Cobb LED 1000watts actual power usage!
1 Vertical 600watt HPS

MARCH 3rd!

View Image
View Image

Way back in the day- when you posted a thread using sea minerals I tried it- most unsuccessfully, even at 1/4 strength (~250ppm)

How do you keep the coco out of the nutrient water?

osirica420

Wayyback in the day- when you posted a thread using sea minerals I tried it- most unsuccessfully, even at 1/4 strength (~250ppm)

Bro im unsure what you do, all your grows dont go too well imo..

i think you need to keep things more simple in your grows main thing being light source and air exchange..

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bro im unsure what you do, all your grows dont go too well imo..

i think you need to keep things more simple in your grows main thing being light source and air exchange..

I do tend to experiment (and a number of them go badly): one of the first was with sea minerals after reading your thread. Did not work out well

Here's some of mine that went well (so not ALL ... )

View attachment 489925 View attachment 489926

View attachment 489927 View attachment 489928

osirica420

@PetFlora im glad to see some of your skills!

As for..

You dont add water till roots have set at bottom of net and even then give it a few inches as the bubbles are enough effect at the start. Eventually its so root covered in roots it doesnt matter where the water level is really..

I guess we shall see...

NO PH MANIPULATION!

What parameters were you using to decide how much coconut water to use? Would you mix up the overall solution and then add the coconut watered between 60-200ml/gallon until the PH is right? Just curious, or would you just start around 60ml and work up to 200ml as the plant growth progresses?

Also, I know you said in other posts that you have to boost the nitrogen a little with sea minerals, is the Floranova serving that function in the setup?

Yeah, I'd love to know the final outcome... Never seen someone go so hard with Sea Minerals (i.e. trace minerals?) as basically the primary nutrient source.

Yeah, I'm super curious, I've been toying with this idea of combining sea water (sea solids), pond water (fish waste) & swamp water (and/or JADAM) & diluting with rain water (or fresh local spring water) to a safe PPM and doing the Kratky method, then some DWCs, and other applications...just wanna dial it in, I think it will perform excellently.

I think I remember reading somewhere about some exotic minerals that can be rarified from seawatever with a magnetic trap, and which have spectacular effects on plant growth. In Hawaii there are cultivators who use untreated seawater as an additive, so there is a lot of good stuff in seawater. Worth experimenting with further.

Latest posts

Latest posts