What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017 could this be the answer?

WelderDan

Veteran
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/02/25/henry-ford-hemp-plastic-car-stronger/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srgE6Tzi3Lg

Why are you the only person in here giving me hard time over this.

[YOUTUBEIF]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srgE6Tzi3Lg[/YOUTUBEIF]

It took me 3 seconds to find info on this.

OK I concede he did make a hemp car. Prohibition did him in, not big oil. It says so in your link.

Here's one for you.

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Crime#sthash.xbKlhapd.dpbs

(Arrests by DEA, 2009, by Gender and Race/Ethnicity) "Most suspects arrested by the DEA for drug violations were male (86%). Three in 10 male suspects were arrested for cocaine powder, followed by marijuana (25%) and methamphetamine (15%) offenses. In 2009, females accounted for 14% of all DEA drug arrests and 20% of all methamphetamine arrests. About 2 in 10 (22%) females arrested by the DEA for drug violations were arrested for methamphetamine, followed by cocaine powder (21%) and marijuana (20%) offenses. "Half of all suspects arrested by the DEA were age 31 or younger. Hispanic suspects constituted 46% of arrestees, followed by white and black suspects (26% each). Hispanic suspects made up more than half of arrests for cocaine powder (55%) and marijuana (52%) offenses and nearly half of arrests involving opiates (49%). Three-quarters (75%) of crack cocaine suspects were black, and less than half of all methamphetamine suspects were white (41%)." - See more at: http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Crime#sthash.xbKlhapd.dpuf

(Arrests by DEA, 2009, by Substance) "The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) arrested 29,896 suspects for drug offenses in 2009, a nearly 10% increase from 27,235 arrests in 2008. "Suspects arrested for offenses involving cocaine powder and crack cocaine (11,361) accounted for 38% of all suspects arrested by the DEA in 2009 (table 2). Twenty-eight percent of suspects were arrested for offenses involving cocaine powder (8,491), and 10% were arrested for crack cocaine (2,870). Crack cocaine arrests declined by 12% from the 3,254 reported in 2008 (not shown in table). The remaining suspects were arrested for marijuana (7,294), methamphetamine (4,701), and for opiates (2,975)." - See more at: http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Crime#sthash.xbKlhapd.dpuf

Why do you insist the DEA doesn't arrest people for weed?

W

We Wait

You concede and you got educated and schooled and that's a good thing.

Because the DEA are not the one's riding around in cop cars arresting people and putting them in the system. Also when your probation officer does a raid on you after you have pissed dirty as they like to say, they bring the local PD with them not the DEA. The local judge then sentences you federal law or not their still gonna do it. They (the states) have been doing the prohibition thing for so long they now think it's part of society and ok and their jobs depend on it. State law is federal law, they are one in the same.

WelderDan

Veteran
You concede and you got educated and schooled and that's a good thing.

Because the DEA are not the one's riding around in cop cars arresting people and putting them in the system. Also when your probation officer does a raid on you after you have pissed dirty as they like to say, they bring the local PD with them not the DEA. The local judge then sentences you federal law or not their still gonna do it. They (the states) have been doing the prohibition thing for so long they now think it's part of society and ok and their jobs depend on it. State law is federal law, they are one in the same.

You didn't school anybody pal, so don't go patting yourself on the back. And I showed you the stats of DEA arrests FOR POT for 2009. I even showed showed pics of DEA agents arresting people.

I'm fully aware of how the entire system works.

And Federal Law supersedes State Law. It's called the Supremacy Clause.

We're done here.

W

We Wait

Ok Dan, whatever.

We are not truly done until the system has been slayed.

Then and then will peace be had.

Then we are done Dan, then we are, then we are.

WelderDan

Veteran
Ok Dan, whatever.

We are not truly done until the system has been slayed.

Then and then will peace be had.

Then we are done Dan, then we are, then we are.

We agree on the basics. The cops, the prison system and the DEA benefit from cannabis prohibition. They profit from it.

We can disagree about Anslingers links to Big Pharma. We can disagree about the DEA too. We don't need to get into a dick waving contest over it.

Lets leave it at that, because we are getting off topic and it's not productive, or fair to the OP and the other people in the thread.

Fair enough?

cryptop

Great to see this start up, even though it will obviously most likely not pass. Makes me curious if Virginia is about to legalize in some form, I'd love to get a hold of some of their soil.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Great to see this start up, even though it will obviously most likely not pass. Makes me curious if Virginia is about to legalize in some form, I'd love to get a hold of some of their soil.

i "think" they already have some sort of medical. Virginia is an unusual state. everything there from meth-crazed tobacco farmers out in the sticks right on up the ladder to the townhouse communities just outside of Washington DC. a little something for everyone, LOL!:dance013:

shaggyballs

Veteran
picture.php

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alcohaul wasn't taking away from the profits of the puppet masters...errrr, big pharma I mean...

Big Pharma really didn't exist back then.

The whole thing was fueled by racism. Harry wanted to keep white women safe from the brown savages sex crazed by the reefer.

CaptainDankness

Big Pharma really didn't exist back then.

The whole thing was fueled by racism. Harry wanted to keep white women safe from the brown savages sex crazed by the reefer.

I'd say the biggest problem is we gave women the right to vote. :biggrin: Just think about, men would have never voted for prohibition of alcohol, women pushed for it. We are living in a nanny state because of women being allowed to vote. But what can you do?

dddaver

Veteran
I support the commercial growing of hemp. Mostly because then you could just grow a few plants in your back yard and if any curious piggy hassled you, then you could just say you thought is was hemp. As far as I know, the plants cannot be differentiated until they flower and then the buds tested.

Further, I also think everyone should home/closet grow even if the gubment legalizes with their "no grow" policies of them dirty bastards trying to get them bucks. We should practice civil disobedience. It works. Just observe rule number one, tell NO-ONE.

And I also support the black market in this. The gubment is passing "legal" but "no grow". So if you can't personally grow, even if legal, buy from the black market. It'll be way cheaper and if legal, who's to know where it came from after the transaction?

This civil disobedience is the American way. We are NOT criminals. The bastards that are passing this "no-grow legalization" are the criminals.

White Beard

I’ve never seen anyone arrested.

The “states rights” angle is a con: while racist and unconstitutional laws prohibiting cannabis originated in states, the drive against it has been at the federal level and the states have responded with their own laws. If / when we get a federal reversal - descheduling, a return to normal agriculture, a removal of federal restrictions and penalties and an end to federal money for drug enforcement - they should also strike down punitive state laws enacted since 1937. By doing so, they put the states into the position of *having* to create new laws that reflect the new legal reality.

Doing away with prohibition also removes the justification for prohibition, and the states must reckon with the current views of their population in light of that change.

Personally, I hope the fed will explicitly state that the people have a right to grow and use a plant, end of story.

Our top story tonight: Harry J Anslinger is *still* dead. He died in ‘75, so he’s only working with worms at the mo