What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who owns this company? The stock jumped up 50%

NEGT1

People are trying to capitalize on cannabis by providing the infrastructure often sorely lacking by haphazard growers.

Am I missing something?

Not being argumentative here, I guess I just don't get the issue. Most people would rather have their wine made by a licensed and inspected winery than some asshole with a bathtub and some rotten grapes. Same can be said for weed is my hunch.

It feels like I should be upset about something here, but I can't place it.
Is the cannabis market supposed to be somehow handled differently than every other commodity we trade? I don't get it.

You're right about that. Generally speaking though...how many wineries have to rent out trailers to run any aspect of their operation? To the bigger point, a growing operation that has to rent a trailer to grow in, at the end of the day probably has less resources than some competitors. I personally don't see 53ft rental growing trailers as the next big thing.

I don't know why people have issues with the companies ideas. It looks like they are just taking advantage of people in iffy situations. That's where the issue is, not with the idea of renting trailers, but how they implemented the idea.

NEGT1

this is what happens when shit gets legal

talked about this exact thing happening, that when something is legal it is governed and the people pay for the governance.

medical will be regulated and the tax to regulated will be added to the cost and past to the patient

what were really expecting to happen?

No one that is in the right mind actually believes cannabis will remained untaxed and unregulated. I see those opinions from more conservative growers but generally, I don't think it's really a big issue. No one cares about paying for regulation and oversight when at the very least you drive on roads, you may need the local fire department, you may need the police, ect. tax dollars at work.

In fact no one outside of whacko's WANT it to remain a counterculture thing. That doesn't mean proper regulation isn't called for, and that regulation can be abused by governing powers. That is all.

It's about moving forward with insight, trying to get cannabis into the "real world" markets without huge fails and complete monopolies in medical.

audiohi

Veteran
I think the large facilities in Canada relied on the MMPR laws to go into place... which didn't. Also the licensing is not happening quickly or transparently so they are suffering. But, I really think their projections are going to need to be changed.

audiohi

Veteran
Just as a sidenote, Derek Peterson also owns Blum Oakland dispensary. I don't think that's been mentioned yet.

Last edited:
It looks like they are just taking advantage of people in iffy situations. That's where the issue is, not with the idea of renting trailers, but how they implemented the idea.

Taking advantage of people in iffy situations, as I see it, is the bulk of American capitalism.

We legislate cars so restrictively that folks can't drive "beaters" anymore. Not good for the environment, like anyone gives a fuck. But good news, even the worst credit can be approved for an auto loan!
And when ya can't afford that ridiculous vehicle they forced/persuaded you into, they come and take it back.

Sounds a whole lot like this trailer nonsense to me, so what's new? Someone took advantage of the same environment with a different commodity...I'm shocked! Hahaha

shaggyballs

Veteran
So let's hear it for big BIZ. and big monopolies to completely control cannabis for us...Great Idea??????

It's about moving forward with insight, trying to get cannabis into the "real world" markets without huge fails and complete monopolies and loss of rights.

But if you think this is in error......tell it your way.
Monopolies are good for us how???

dutchmasters420

otc stocks are a good way to lose money. Just read the description of some of these business's. "Security services and e-market storefronts"

Monopolies are not good for us, but look around. Every business person wants control over their market and strives for it as completely as serves their interest.
What stops a monopoly, Shag? Competition. Get in there man!

OrganicFarmer

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They should only regulate cannabis like apples, oranges, and other produce. If it's not harmful why do we need so much regulation? Oh yeah they see all this money and they start salivating. FUCK THE BULLSHIT. Let us grow our own and sell it in our community like any other form of produce.

rootfingers

Monopolies are not good for us, but look around. Every business person wants control over their market and strives for it as completely as serves their interest.
What stops a monopoly, Shag? Competition. Get in there man!

Only regulation can stop monopolies. For business, competition is only that until you can afford them or squash them. That is pure capitalism.

I realize perhaps you were trying to make a point more than be accurate in your statements and that things are a bit derailed in here. Still, I thought it was important to point out.

Latest posts

Latest posts