What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Chunk

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats going to be a great tool to keep the plants from getting too tall. Wonder how they will grow in lower light conditions on the edge of the woods. Internodal spacing is non-existant, thats funny. They are funny looking little plants. We'll see how they do.

Thanks for the shots guys trying to get an idea of the phenotypes of the line. Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

2022 DC hybrid cultivar

full

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What is the range of flowering times you are finding with the Monkey Haze? I haven't seen that cross yet! Awesome! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats great flowering time, pretty usual! Got me interested now for future projects! Would be a great cross to experience!

I was told my a member CSI makes stock available on their website in groups of 20, so if it says out of stock it may not be. He said you can email CSI and let them know you are interested and sometimes they will post up more to make them available again!

Deep Chunk is now available it says!

Deep Chunk​

$150.00

4 in stock

Jimi Caliente

Thats great flowering time, pretty usual! Got me interested now for future projects! Would be a great cross to experience!
It is a great cross to experience. I've got plenty of these and not much room... What type of projects have you got in mind? Broad leaves or thin leaves? Chunks or foxtails? Giant petioles or short ones?
PS: I'm new here, how can i send a private message? 50 posts?

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran

I was told my a member CSI makes stock available on their website in groups of 20, so if it says out of stock it may not be. He said you can email CSI and let them know you are interested and sometimes they will post up more to make them available again!

Deep Chunk is now available it says!

Deep Chunk​

$150.00

4 in stock
It said it was out of stock the other day i emailed him & with in 30 min he replied back that he will restock more & he did immediately, so all you have to do is ask, he's having a big sale 25% off everything code: HAPPYHOLIDAZE22 he's also adding 3 full unreleased bonus surprise packs/strains with every order!!!

I grabbed a pack of his 2003 Deepchunk (21 seeds per pack) to breed into the current Deepchunk i have from 2008 to widen the progeny,I wish i could afford to get a few more packs but maybe i can in a few more months if he still has any left, anyways I cant wait to run them this summer!
IMG_3520.jpg

Last edited:

Jimi Caliente

what were the differences you noticed or are they just the morphologies?

All plants were different. In veg it was morphology (broad or narrow leaves, short or long petioles, branching or not, thin stems or thick ones...). In flowering, thin stem plants were creeper, low odor vs loud one, large trichomes vs thin one...
On 15 seeds I only got 3 males, a short one with thick stem and broad leaf, a medium with thin stem and deformation on the leaves and a big one with thick stem and narrow leaf. I open pollinate all the 12 female with the three males. All female were very fruitfull and vigourous. I got one very hazy looking female but the smell was not that good. Most plants became purple in late flowering.

Limeygreen

Veteran
It said it was out of stock the other day i emailed him & with in 30 min he replied back that he will restock more & he did immediately, so all you have to do is ask, he's having a big sale 25% off everything code: HAPPYHOLIDAZE22 he's also adding 3 full unreleased bonus surprise packs/strains with every order!!!

I grabbed a pack of his 2003 Deepchunk (21 seeds per pack) to breed into the current Deepchunk i have from 2008 to widen the progeny,I wish i could afford to get a few more packs but maybe i can in a few more months if he still has any left, anyways I cant wait to run them this summer!
View attachment 18796231
I have some coming from him too, you were generous with people, will keep you up to speed on what i'm doing if you fancy some more additions at a later date

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been scanning the seeds looking at what they have, thats great! Thats very kind! Get what you want, merry Christmas! :smoke:

Its really a great contribution to the community making these reproductions and hybrids available!

Wondering how they got the 2003 stock going. The must have had seed in the freezer. Glad you were able to get it to work into your DC '08 line!

I was going to get another pack of DC to have more originals to select from, but I wanted everyone else to have a chance to try it! With 21 seeds per pack it will be enough to get a good spectrum of the inbred line (IBL) which are true breeding.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tom Hill talked about this on The Potcast and he liked it. He said very cerebral smoke!

Description​

1979 Xmas Bud IBL
Open pollinated reproduction of the pure ’79 Xmas Bud from the east coast. A pure Indica style plant that grows like a Christmas Tree and smells of Pinene & Terpinolene. Extremely Stable phenotypically. Always keep an eye out for the occasional hermaphrodite as these are open pollinated for preservation purposes and not selected seeds. Originally shared by NdNguy.

8-9 week flowering times.

21 Regular seeds per pack

’79 Xmas Bud IBL​

$120.00

Decisons, decisions...... Maybe next year. Think I have my work cut out for me this year.......:smoke:

4 in stock

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been scanning the seeds looking at what they have, thats great! Thats very kind! Get what you want, merry Christmas! :smoke:

Its really a great contribution to the community making these reproductions and hybrids available!

Wondering how they got the 2003 stock going. The must have had seed in the freezer. Glad you were able to get it to work into your DC '08 line!

I was going to get another pack of DC to have more originals to select from, but I wanted everyone else to have a chance to try it! With 21 seeds per pack it will be enough to get a good spectrum of the inbred line (IBL) which are true breeding.
I think he mentioned where he got them on a post on instagram but i don't recall exactly.

I got some of those 79 xmas as a freebies from CSI a few months ago only a 5 pack though but i'm not complaining i feel fortunate.

Tom Hill just posted on instagram the other day a pic of 1000 seedlings starting in a greenhouse from his 2003 stock of haze he started looks like he's going to bring that back, i think it'll be something to look out for in the near future.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haha, not all afghans are the same. If you look at it enough, in different perspectives you can see their character, their defining traits. Its like that with any plant really. That sounds like good DC hybrid with the lemon thai and crossed with Bubba Kush! I like it!

Glad you got some of the Xmas bud! I was trying to listen to get more details about what Tom was talking about. He didn't say where it was from, just that it always comes around Christmas time. But the description says its a short flowering plant so I'm not sure why it would have been delayed. Must have been to get from east coast to the west coast.

What is Tom Hill's Instagram website address?

He spoke a lot about Haze, I'm glad he's doing a run with it! He's working so many plants because he said you have to weed out a lot of undesirables, like 50% smoke like rope he said. Then you have variation and its just around 1/20 or 5% of the Haze population are outstanding plants. Should find some good ones in there!

I was so glad to find out he has passed his work on to CSI to make it available to the pubic!

I was listening in and he spoke about how he stores seed, buried in an amo can 3 ft underground. He said it stores for 20 years or more if done right. He likes to, every 5 years check germination and if it goes down to 60% its time to do reproductions. Every 10 years or so a reproduction should be done.

Time warp..... :smoke:

full

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks, I guess I have to sign up to view. Facebook owns Instagram and they have oppressive censorship and profiling privacy concerns. So I'm not sure if I'm going to sign up.

Latest posts

Latest posts