What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

stealth sealed room for own consume

unnamedmike

After a lot of thinking and accumulating resources, I can update my indoor garden setup.
Behind the door, there is a room of 295cm*190cm where I currently have my blooming girls under 600w cob, continuous air renewal and manual irrigation. In that room there enough space for another 600w that I will install when I solve the think with electricity bill. I'm going to coat with metallic bubble plastic the walls and ceiling and install a 12,000btu inverter minisplit. I will also install automatic irrigation and drain. And co2. Go from 110 to 220v and and and...

picture.php

picture.php

Going back to the visible side of the wall, I want to make a laboratory / hospital style closet, and within it include the entire irrigation system (veg & bloom and especially the mothers, keepers, seedlings and cuttings that I currently mistreat moving from one side of my house to another, and obviously include stealth access to the flowering room. this growing furniture gonna share the air conditioned air from the flowering room, where I live is hot or very hot.

I also leave some photos of 15 years ago, 12,000km and countless liters of beer, to prove to myself that I can do it again. I apologize for my English and I hope you like the show. Any type of criticism, contribution or rectification is welcome.

Cuttings micro closet
picture.php

picture.php

Mothers & keepers
picture.php

unnamedmike

First challenge, how to raise and level the cement floor and install the tiles. I accept ... rather I beg advicexD got 0 masonry experience.

I have seen several tutorials but I dont see clearly the easiest way to level and hold the wood / rules for the formwork
picture.php

picture.php

Buy online a minisplit inverter of 12000btu, but the seller cancel me the purchase for lack of stock, now i must wait 3 weeks the bank refund to buy another.
Before installing the minisplit i need remove the air extractor and maybe move the wooden supports too

picture.php

Previously had installed on wood a piece of geomembrane, but for better drainage, I'm gonna change it to roof panel. This morning gave the room a good cleaning and in the afternoon, sanding time and layer of pore sealer.
picture.php

I lost weeks doing this controller and one year later the screen died, but can communicate with a program on PC. A new one screen here is 50usd, better I'm gonna redo it with a 7" touch screen, but at the moment it stays in that way

picture.php

unnamedmike

I saw in most sealed rooms this material as insulation. Is it the most appropriate or the only option? Is it necessary to change every X time? Is it glued to the wall?

picture.php

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Yeah this look's like a nice ride, im gonna tag along on this one as well.

No idea about the insulation/reflector, but don't think it will matter if it's one or another.

Looking forward to see more!

unnamedmike

I will take a seat and watch unnamedmike as well as learn.
tiphat.gif

Yeah this look's like a nice ride, im gonna tag along on this one as well.

No idea about the insulation/reflector, but don't think it will matter if it's one or another.

Looking forward to see more!

Really nice of you bros to stop by, im glad two heavy weight are looking around, im a fan of your threads, i learned a lot from you, welcome.

unnamedmike

The idea was to sand and paint yesterday afternoon, but sanding is far harder than I remembered. Today i finished sanding and tomorrow gonna add some initial missed screws at the tray, and finally if im on time, gonna apply the first layer of pore sealing.
picture.php

I added angle to the rulers that hold the tray for a better drainage. The wooden tray is very heavy and to do this fix I need to place it somewhere else while doing this and other repairs (Im sorry about walls color, my self from the past thought spray plants with algae was a good idea)
picture.php

picture.php

And some stuff waiting his moment
picture.php

picture.php

Badfishy1

No ‘easy’ way to level a floor. Leveling concrete would be your ‘easiest’ fix. A bit messy and takes a bit of prep work. Will have to chalk a line to level w tiles around the walls to have a base to start.

unnamedmike

No ‘easy’ way to level a floor. Leveling concrete would be your ‘easiest’ fix. A bit messy and takes a bit of prep work. Will have to chalk a line to level w tiles around the walls to have a base to start.

Welcome Badfishy1 and thank you very much for the tip of self-leveling cement. i Buy a few string level after watching a million video tutorials, I think I could ...

Great Thread I have subbed for the show.
Thanks Grower369, welcome :tiphat:

Tomorrow i hope thermal insulation arrives, while waiting, i finish painting the tray, and now is drying. Roof panel will be installed when the tray is in its final place, weighs a lot
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

unnamedmike

Will be solid, pretty sure you could use that as a dancefloor!
Nice work!
Thanks Palindrome, make it hardy or dont do it :biggrin:

The roof panel sheet, cut in two halves, is some cm wider than the wooden tray. I dont know if try to shape the edges with a hot air gun, or cut to fit.
I'm pretty sure the paint is not humidity/water proof. My idea is to stick 3 sheets of thin plastic to the sides of the painted tray, and glue the roof panel to that.
im also needs to fill holes and cracks in the wood, part of the wood is recycled construction wood

picture.php

picture.php

unnamedmike

Im still waiting the "24h express" thermal insulation shipment and the "express" return of the mini split that the seller did not sell to me, here the banks stink. in two days Im gonna buy another mini split inverter while wait for refund.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

unnamedmike

Finally the bubble insulation arrived. I doubt if stick it to the wall with glue. Double-sided tape or Staples or a mixture of everything. Any idea please ? :thank you:

picture.php

i usually over engineer things, but not this time ! xD no plastic side sheets.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Yeah no need for that on a flow table, the water will flow in the deep parts of the curregated sheets.
I don't have anything on the sides of my flow table either, and thats just painted MDF sheets.

And I just seamed the roof sheeting, around the edges just to make sure water don't some how leak down under the sheets.

Your gonna be pleased with that table!

unnamedmike

Yeah no need for that on a flow table, the water will flow in the deep parts of the curregated sheets.
I don't have anything on the sides of my flow table either, and thats just painted MDF sheets.
And I just seamed the roof sheeting, around the edges just to make sure water don't some how leak down under the sheets.
Your gonna be pleased with that table!
Thanks palindrome, Im more relaxed about my idea looking at your tray :tiphat:

Looking good, tagging along for the show.
Welcome Med grower tom, nice of you to stop by :tiphat:

As a "test" i stick a piece of insulation with white glue to the wall ... and it works xD got a kg of white glue at home for months, small savings.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

unnamedmike

The water-based glue dont dry, dont work for this use. bought contact glue and perfect, fast and without difficulty, i stucked the first insulation section, but I cant add the next section without first installing the minisplit, the roof panel isnt temporarily glued to the tray, to do that easiest.

picture.php

picture.php