What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HLG 100

42ndupchuck

Anyone have any experience with the HLG 100? I've done some searches and can't find any references on this board... They seem to be pretty sweet

42ndupchuck

Thanks! I think I'm looking for one strictly for flowering... which I guess would be a 3000K. They seem like such a good light!

G

Gr33nSanta

Thanks! I think I'm looking for one strictly for flowering... which I guess would be a 3000K. They seem like such a good light!

Ive been growing with LEDs for years, I could never decide between 3000k and 4000k, so in recent years ive been buying the 3500k and I think it's the sweet spot for flowering.

Cocopal

For keeping small bushy mothers, will this work well if plants are 2-3 feet tall ?

How is the penetration, lower branches are good for nice clones or decent to be sent into flower ?

I have many of them, some banks of more than one, and a few used solo. Great penetration and cool running in comparison with T5 lamps and HID, but I have been only utilizing the 4k for veg and can't reference flowering capabilities. I have seen some pretty impressive buds though under a HLG 100 3k.

Cocopal

Thanks I will order 2 4k for veg. For flower the old school in me might eventually ditch 1000hps I'm still not sure between buying leds, DIY or 630cmh.

Cocopal

Well maybe I spoke to fast it seems they are sold out in lots of places. Also it's more expensive than I thought when tranfered to Canadian money+shipping. Anybody knows where there is a deal on these and what would be a faire price ?

Is it worth the extra money compared to say Marshydro or Meizhi just for vegging in 2X4 ?

i'm new to led it's though to figure out what might work for me. Led for bloom is out of the question for now but I'll test down the road and compare to HID/CMH.

hayday

Veteran
Cocopal , try LED Growlghts Depot. They save me about 60 bucks on some HLG gear.

Cocopal

Tx great I might make it happen. Now I'm looking at the Saber bar 100 and I will need a driver with this.

There is many options to choose. So for good veg what should I get?

LPC-LPF or HGL driver.
If I get this right some drivers can drive more leds or have more output for the leds.

Also some brands seems more expensive for whatever reason I guess brand name/quality has a role to play here.

So for that bushy awsome squat 2 feets plants in 2x4 what should drive the Saber bar ?

hayday

Veteran
Ccp, HLGs web site has all the info plus some videos to simplfy the d. i. y. Over there they list the driver you need and how many sabars for what size and porpose.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Cocopal , try LED Growlghts Depot. They save me about 60 bucks on some HLG gear.

I just ordered some from LED GLD. The Saber 100s are $119.

Went with the Meanwell 95w A model driver which has the turn screw dimmer built in. Hopefully there will be some clarity on the wiring diagram. Haven't fount the specifics online.

Cocopal

I just ordered some from LED GLD. The Saber 100s are $119.

Went with the Meanwell 95w A model driver which has the turn screw dimmer built in. Hopefully there will be some clarity on the wiring diagram. Haven't fount the specifics online.

I think this is US GLD. I order from CA GLD.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
On the drivers for the Saber it is not so clear. For a single Saber 100 they list three different drivers that vary in price ($14 - $40) with wattage output (61w-94w). With the smaller 61w (cheeper) driver, you would just be running the 100w light at 61% ? Right?

Why the options? So you would just be saving money on a smaller driver when you could have bought a smaller (cheeper) board in the first place? How about just getting the larger driver option and dimming if need be?

The vids they put up get into volts, amps, parallel, series, but they don't talk about watts which is what the lights are rated at. I know a bit about electricity and volts times amps equals watts etc, but wouldn't it make more sense if they just said get this driver and wire it like this?

Cocopal

I think if you don't run to max power leds last longer. I think read this yesterday but don't take my word for it I have zero experience with leds.

Cocopal

On the drivers for the Saber it is not so clear. For a single Saber 100 they list three different drivers that vary in price ($14 - $40) with wattage output (61w-94w). With the smaller 61w (cheeper) driver, you would just be running the 100w light at 61% ? Right?

Why the options? So you would just be saving money on a smaller driver when you could have bought a smaller (cheeper) board in the first place? How about just getting the larger driver option and dimming if need be?

The vids they put up get into volts, amps, parallel, series, but they don't talk about watts which is what the lights are rated at. I know a bit about electricity and volts times amps equals watts etc, but wouldn't it make more sense if they just said get this driver and wire it like this?

I watched all the vids and still can't figure out what to get.
Ideally I'd like all 4 to be independent for more versatility.
I need to light a 4x8 veg tent. I don't think I need dimmers unless someones explains to me the advantages of getting dimmers. Moms and established clones I think will need full power from the Sabers.

Latest posts

Latest posts