What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Did u root your Android??????

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I am tired of unwanted manufacturer software I cant delete and don't use...I also would like free WiFi as much as possible...so I have decided to do it...doing my homework now before turning my phone into a soft or hard brick..I prob will use software to do it...any advise or reccomendations on rooting and WiFi software gladly​ accepted....yeehaw

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
WiFi software...

WiFi software...

I am currently playing with the top 5 WiFi apps reccomended to me to get me started i don't expect much from software I can down load from the app store and I have not yet rooted my phone either......yeehaw

Hen

I used king root, and then some app that jails the other unwanted apps (safest option IMO). I wasn't actually seeing much performance improvements though, so I reverted back. What finally got me to switch back, was that Netflix won't let you run their app on rooted devices.

shithawk420

Veteran
Good thread.sorry I missed this.you definitely wanna do a soft mod.I'll try to contribute more when I get time.I gotta root my note edge.if I can root that then I can root anything

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
I rooted my old android phone a few years back now, there was a big chinese(?) forum for developers/android hackers that looked suspicious but had legit tools etc to download.

I can't remember what I used (or even what model phone it was hah) but I do remember the yuuuge difference in speed and performance after rooting then flashing a custom rom...keep searching for your specific make/model root tools and go for it!

First you root then you choose what rom/operating system to flash.
I think I used Cyanogen come to think of it.

Edit: Dang it, didn't realise this thread was 4 months old. How'd you go trout? Get it rooted?
PS. Hahaha "root"...sorry I still find it funny when someone says they "rooted" their phone...over here it means you had sex with it.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
There isn't a quick fix for mine..it's too cheap..kingroot had no help...yeehaw..but I have had it done before on other phones...be. Care full and don't turn it into a paperweight..guess I will have to pay someone like before

shithawk420

Veteran
What kinda phone do you have trout?I got a 1000 dollar note edge so I'm not gonna take a chance.my brother can do it but he's tired of helping people.if you have a popular phone there should be lots of info out there.my phone is so rare there isn't much info out there.xda is probably the best place for info.if you find something let us know.

Budmaker

i have the feeling mobilephones are never necessary save for more responsible reasonable than one or two. byside für Router or second window or pci or ram Features Like buffering and Thumbnail and Else.

kind of funny Tool Like Gameboy Pokemon red or blue Without or With cheaths. I have non but Moon circle.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Do you pour the rooting gel in the headphone socket or the power charger?

What kind of yield you getting from a sumsung S8?

droidfan

I used king root, and then some app that jails the other unwanted apps (safest option IMO). I wasn't actually seeing much performance improvements though, so I reverted back. What finally got me to switch back, was that Netflix won't let you run their app on rooted devices.

Is King root safe enough? Also I guess it is not compatible with newest Samsung devices.

FrostAie

xda developers has a forum about almost all android devices and how to root them and what root apps work. I tried king o root and it worked

wwoww

Don't root Android phones. Use custom ROMs like graphene or calyx. You need an unlocked Google pixel in order to use them. They're as secure and private as you can get.

Coreyrodriguez

I rooted and installed roms all the time when I got my FIRST android phone. Now it's like, just give me a bare bones phone that can browse reddit and the internet with a decent battery. I realised also that 3 hours SOT is plenty of time when you have a job. Whereas 6 hours SOT was too short when I was a student.

davers

i change my android for iphone. Because Iphone is better for work and communication. I found many good apps for my phone like video chat and many others. Its convy for online conversations and finding new people.

Last edited:

H.Marks

I did root Android, never felt the same afterwards. Have an old iPhone SE 1st Edition now, brand new for 130 euro, works like a charm and has ios 15 its a nice phone.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Don't root Android phones. Use custom ROMs like graphene or calyx. You need an unlocked Google pixel in order to use them. They're as secure and private as you can get.

This is the way.

Delete the OS and put on a new one.

The pixel is commonly used in development, but not the only phone that can be done.
The jump in battery life is measured in days, when not running all the unwanted services. You may wish to add some like for the play store, but they can be fenced in. There are quite a few play store alternatives though, once you have your own OS and as such, control. Many of these alternative OS choices are purely about security at their core. World leaders have been seen with phone OS versions that only communicate with the network if they make a call. As if the phone is otherwise switched off. Not tracked constantly between towers.

I want to give one a run, and have been looking at new phones in order to free up my old one. I want calls/internet/battery life. Nothing more.