What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Congo

T

THE PABLOS

Damn Bobby....nice macro...props dude...I mean SICK...

HL...yup I'm still interested in Deep Congo...the only beans not to have made it to me....think it was in that ill July month that happened...not customs though...I think it was a system crash on the site or something....I'd grow that cross....whenever he has fresh ones I'm in....all examples I've seen were boss.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Do it. I am getting 2-3 more packs, as to have a good stock.

Cured pics.

Thanks for share it Bob, flowers look truely tempting! :D Seems Deep Congo is a great F1, no doubt about the breeding potential of the Congo sativa and Deep Chunk afghani indica.

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dubi- are there any plans to release a pure Congo #3 line? I ask because I too have grown the hybrid Bobby Stainless mentioned and have a deep love for the high it brings.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi- are there any plans to release a pure Congo #3 line? I ask because I too have grown the hybrid Bobby Stainless mentioned and have a deep love for the high it brings.

Hello Lean Green,

We didnt find males in the congo 3 sativa, so she was worked in hybrids on the female side. Congo # 3 was crossed with chitral indica and then hybrid was inbred 2-3 generations, the best male expressions of the hybrid where crossed to mano negra's early bangi congo sativa to produce our Congo hybrid, which is mostly sativa and has all the character of best congolese sativas but ace Congo hybrid works for modern indoor concepts (indoor adaptability, early maturing, high resin production, medium size etc ...).

I'd recommend you explore a bit our Congo and find the kind of high you are looking for. Best wishes.

C

charlie garcia

with your permission would like to upload some pics here as well of the Congo#3 x Pakistan Chitral F3. Although double posting these pics, hope informative
best :wave:

21206DSCN7678_Conchi_copia.jpg

21206DSCN7074-Conchi-copia.jpg

C

charlie garcia

thx 4 dragons, also Richard Deep Congo looks amazing. Very glad results are so good, hope he can make its best with them and ppl enjoy these different genetics jobs. We can only be thankful by quality of Toms DC.
With your permission, here some more details of Panama with DC, another sativa/indica work. Dont know if these seeds will make it!
peace

PDC05091207007copia.jpg

4 Dragons

Well, if they do make it I would love to grow something like that! I see the leaves curling with resin just like DC but still have narrow leaves. Finished product must be amazing!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
thx 4 dragons, also Richard Deep Congo looks amazing. Very glad results are so good, hope he can make its best with them and ppl enjoy these different genetics jobs. We can only be thankful by quality of Toms DC.
With your permission, here some more details of Panama with DC, another sativa/indica work. Dont know if these seeds will make it!
peace

High charlie

Im sure growers are going to enjoy a lot the new Panama x Deep Chunk hybrid, real nice combination of best traits from both strains. I was very impressed with the first tests. Keep up the good work!

C

ChynaRyder

Here are my Congos at 4 weeks, 2 girls and 1 boy(I germed 3 and all 3 performed flawlessly) and they are currently vegging under CFL's. Very impressed with the hybrid vigour on this strain....I have significant height restrictions, and have already pinched the top buds 4 times in 4 weeks to maintain height...will be flowering in about 2 weeks once the flower box is open...Thanks Dubi and ACE, you guys are great and are truly breath of fresh air. 2 girls on the left...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here are my Congos at 4 weeks, 2 girls and 1 boy(I germed 3 and all 3 performed flawlessly) and they are currently vegging under CFL's. Very impressed with the hybrid vigour on this strain....I have significant height restrictions, and have already pinched the top buds 4 times in 4 weeks to maintain height...will be flowering in about 2 weeks once the flower box is open...Thanks Dubi and ACE, you guys are great and are truly breath of fresh air. 2 girls on the left...

Thanks for your kind of words ChynaRyder,

Congo is a quite vigorous sativa dominant hybrid, they look strong for being grown under fluoros. Hope you enjoy the experience!

+Vibes

just poking around to see if anyone is taking down their congos from the great outdoors soon, or if you already have!... at 40N, my pair of ladies will be coming down in the next few days and i'm very very excited...
cheers

GrowDude

High ker2noir!

When growing vigorous sativa dominant hybrids (like some of our strains) indoors, i'd recommend do the late vegging and first days of flowering with a small pot.

Sativas can stretch like hell at this point and a large pot before the flowering with new soil can produce excessive and innecesary elongation.

A small pot without new soil access to the root system will stop the stretching in the first weeks of 12/12.

Once the sativa has stopped to strecth after the 2-3 initial weeks of flowering (depending on the strain) then re pot her to the final pot with enough rich soil.

Sativa root system are very active even in flowering and can be re potted with great results even in advanced flowering (not good for indicas).

The plant has finished the stretching so she will use all the new soil and nutrients to produce a solid flowering.

have you got Congo pics in advanced flowering?

Thanks for posting! :yes: Please, let us know how she grow outdoors in your zone! dubi

Thanks for that advice... scooby dubi doo you are a genius

GrowDude

Congo usually needs 9 weeks to reach her peak of potency, but harvested a few days earlier provides a more energetic clean effect, if you let her mature 9 weeks or more then high turns denser and more psychedelic.

I always thought that harvesting late would increase CBD production and lessen the psychedcelic effects. Is that somewhat different in your experience with pure sativas?
BTW Great that you are back dubi.:wave:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I always thought that harvesting late would increase CBD production and lessen the psychedcelic effects. Is that somewhat different in your experience with pure sativas?
BTW Great that you are back dubi.:wave:

Thanks GrowDude!! :) it's great to see you around too!

I personally believe THC/CBD ratio depends on the cannabinoid profile of the genetics, harvesting late would increase cannabinoid content and slighty modify THC/CBD ratio. To produce high CBD flowers you'd need to grow a strain with high CBD profile and cure the flowers for a long long time.

Latest posts

Latest posts