What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What can I grow that will make my thai loving dad happy?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got Thai weed one time, it was in 1988 and it the stuff came wrapped in foil. It was really sticky stuff and somewhat dark brown as well. Super potent and super tasty, I impressed the hell out of my circle when I came up with that herb. I mentioned it being brown particularly because if you're feeding your dad some green weed with sparkly white trichomes, that might be why he thinks the effect is off. He might be looking more for the effects of something thats been aged a little bit more.
\If older weed doesn't work, maybe try feeding him some mushrooms.

Aged Thai might just be the ticket!
I hadn't thought of that.

Same for Drawoh's Choc Thai via Hazeman.
I believe these were what the Choc Thai x Vitality may have come from but I don't recall exactly.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Your Dad is right. I found Acapulco Gold seeds at the Vault. All 18 reviews claimed it was the same shit from the 60's. They were shipped to me yesterday from UK to the US. Looking forward to the smoke.

Dnny

Swami Organic Seeds has more than a few legit Tai crosses that range from 75% 50% 25% Tai parental makeup.

Vietnam black x TO(Kandahar x Highland blueTai)/Panama
62.5% Tai 25% Panama and 12.5% kush

Blue Orca(Kandahar/HBlueTai) X Red Tai
75% Tai and 25% kush

TO(Kandahar x HBlueTai) X (chocolate Tai x pakistani hp)
50% Tai and 50% kush/hash plant

I haven’t grown any of these but I’ve read that older guys really dig the Vietnam cross. they are definitely worth checking out if your Interested in Tai crosses or 1970’s era sativa smoke.

Mofo seeds has a lot of lines based on "the one" (thai x afghani) theyre gonna release both thai leaning and afghani leaning phenos in their seeds in the near future, check em out on insta

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If ya want a wild variety, and they're still available, Gypsie has/had (idk) the Luang Prabang in his collection.

If I recall correctly, those are wild collected seed stock.

B

bench warmer

I’ve been a fan of the old school Thai since the mid 70’s. That energizing, mental alertness with an incense aroma is hard to forget.
Nearest I’ve been able to procure in recent years is Dr. Blaze’s Lemon Thai and Snow High’s Pablos Lemon Thai.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
not a thai but Bodhi Seeds Dread Bread

classic sativa x indica old school smoke

classic sativa is very vague term.. in this case its colombian mangobiche, and its known that its smoke is very red eye stone and chill out weed more than cerebral weed.. plus its crossed with indica.. I dont say its not good, as I was eyeing this hybrid too, but sure its not that kind of thai weed, dude is looking for. but who knows, in the world where cookies smokes like thai weed :D

G

growhigh1233

my momma thai'a from seedsman are gunna be coming down next week ..............will let you guys know how it smokes ............ its pretty much pure thai in appearance. tall. bendy stems, very thin leafs. highly resinous,its got a tiny bit of indica in it to bring flowering down guna harvest at day 65....... thats in hydro tho , will take longer in soil maybe 10 more days

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Aged Thai might just be the ticket!
I hadn't thought of that.

Same for Drawoh's Choc Thai via Hazeman.
I believe these were what the Choc Thai x Vitality may have come from but I don't recall exactly.

Aged weed might be the wrong thing. You want fermented. Check out the Malawi Cob thread.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309172

I have some in the pipe now.

H

hard rain

my momma thai'a from seedsman are gunna be coming down next week ..............will let you guys know how it smokes ............ its pretty much pure thai in appearance. tall. bendy stems, very thin leafs. highly resinous,its got a tiny bit of indica in it to bring flowering down guna harvest at day 65....... thats in hydro tho , will take longer in soil maybe 10 more days
I'm actually smoking seedsman mama thai and it is nothing like an old school thai stick. At least the pheno I have anyway. They are thai x skunk. The owner and breeder have admitted this.
What I ended up with had great resin, rock hard buds (enough to get mould) but smokes like a straight out hybrid. Nothing special.
They are not pure thai. Maybe if you did a pheno hunt you might find something quite good but I doubt you'll ever end up with a really outstanding thai.
Mine went 9 and a half weeks. Most thai's would take more like 20 weeks, and would be worth the wait. A real thai would not have got bud rot either.

G

growhigh1233

I'm actually smoking seedsman mama thai and it is nothing like an old school thai stick. At least the pheno I have anyway. They are thai x skunk. The owner and breeder have admitted this.
What I ended up with had great resin, rock hard buds (enough to get mould) but smokes like a straight out hybrid. Nothing special.
They are not pure thai. Maybe if you did a pheno hunt you might find something quite good but I doubt you'll ever end up with a really outstanding thai.
Mine went 9 and a half weeks. Most thai's would take more like 20 weeks, and would be worth the wait. A real thai would not have got bud rot either.

hmmm thats kinda like saying you cant get a good haze high without it been pure haze !................. i dont think thats correct !

and 1 pheno is not enough ............... a grower who has grown 1 pheno of a seed line dosnt really know anything about that seedline.......... 20 weeks pure thai with hermie traits a plenty simply isnt viable for must people ...... momma thai wont be viable for must people, its pretty much pure thai