What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SamS Seeds

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Finishing up sams (skunk/haze) x unknown
and
skunk/haze freebies from 08ish.

early samples (10 weeks) were meh. Hoping the longer time gives them some more punch. (looking like 12 week finishers)

good yields. good tastes, mediocre power.

but, again, early samples. these were freebie seeds that everyone asks about but few ever run them.

(I crossed all of them with rez's SD IBL pollen just for kicks.)

Keep us in tune, rick....

-cap

Yeh,,, most clones / inderviduals will be mehhh,,, im expecting this issue,,, just hoping for something like nevil found in the A5 and C5,,, im so so pissed off I can't smoke my pre 2000,,greenhouse coffeshop haze hybrids and rhino,,, shits gota change

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With the pog I'm looking for hash flavour and pale colours,,, short and stout,,

The Mexican haze I'm looking for an upgraded damkrink mexican haze as I thought the clone they had from the 🥝 was pretty tasty,,

The haze19 x hazesk1 I'm calling uk haze I'm hoping to find an indoor haze classic

Rhino I'm hoping for a tasty upgrade white widow clone

zif

Veteran
I can't actually tell if it's any good,,, looks meh?

Looks can be deceiving. Better than what I've sampled from the OH x Sk1 line - from a smoking point of view.

Growing, though, thunks can be bitches indoors. Loonnnnggggg flowering, whispy buds. Some end up looking almost like the 'no buds'/foxtail-only grinspoon cut. All are so vigorous they want to outgrow whatever space you have. Real primadonnas.

The taste is not gassy, if you mean like diesel fuel. It's lingering greasy black pepper, rotten fruit, and spice.

But the effect may be worth the effort, if you love an up high that'll leave you twitching.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you remember kali mist for it's pepper haze flavour,,, also sage when it leaned to the big sur Holly weed,,

I know what you mean,,,, loads of my favourite weeds ever are in the hands of people who don't really take pictures and the weed is not particularly photographic to start with,,,

Can you compare it to anything,, like something from the greenhouse coffeshop pre 2000?

Taste is everything to me,,, im literally dying to get hold of something aching to Dutch flowers 19 week hawaiian haze

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Looks can be deceiving. Better than what I've sampled from the OH x Sk1 line - from a smoking point of view.

Growing, though, thunks can be bitches indoors. Loonnnnggggg flowering, whispy buds. Some end up looking almost like the 'no buds'/foxtail-only grinspoon cut. All are so vigorous they want to outgrow whatever space you have. Real primadonnas.

The taste is not gassy, if you mean like diesel fuel. It's lingering greasy black pepper, rotten fruit, and spice.

But the effect may be worth the effort, if you love an up high that'll leave you twitching.

Thunk in flower:

picture.php

This is a very good plant, if you have seeds,
pop some and plan for a flip that can go 120 days.

The yield for my only thunk is spice black pepper incense,
quick onset that can be long lasting giggle happy stone.

The bubble hash is sublime, while the cobbed product is
more sedate, but still fuck yeah.

I have a cross of vintage bagseed x (sensi star x nycd),
and some old white rhino stock which is similar to effect,
but must smoke more to get as high from the thunk.

I did a cross of thunk with the (sensi star x nycd),
and took flower time down to 90 days with similar product as the thunk.

Good stuff.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice,,, i might try them next when I have some more space,,, you pitch it well,, i need to see this pepper trait,,, i fell in love with kali mist on the 2001 htcc for that exact pepper haze vibe pure sativa

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just a silly question...
If you could get only one pack of Sam's seeds, which would be the best pick?

I really like the idea of Sam selecting or vouching for a clone like he has with the pog x hk,, or rhino x sk1, or haze19,, or his mexican x haze

It seems like these are seeds with old classic clones as parents,, think about it,,, how old is the hk clone used in the pog x hk original mother (reversed backcross)

Or the rhino clone in rhino x sk1,, how old are these clones,,, we know the sk1 daddy is crazy old and 1 : 10000 or something

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had over 100 of them seeds,, i have them all out and not one guy came back with the keeper I asked for,,, gutted,,, now its not available

Also,, that looks like my sorta shit,,, indoor friendly haze,, that's my shit

JohnnyChicago

I just noticed the place where I bought my O. Haze seeds 5 years ago, still has seeds fom Sam left.

California Skunk Haze, Pot of Gold, ... and the "Seedsman Haze mix" (Original Haze, Skunk Haze and Indian Haze)

zif

Veteran
I was just thinking you need a miracle clone. Maybe someone has held the exact plants whose tastes you fell in love with!

Seeds are going to take some sifting. And you might want to make F2s or S1s of anything “in the ballpark”.

I don’t have the Amsterdam experience as a reference point - it was a once in a lifetime place for me, and I was not impressed with the standard. The thunks remind me of a few lucky finds in bricked mex weed (that 1 in a 100 plant that blew even the best ‘kind bud’ of the time out of the water). Not the taste, particularly, but the wild NLD growth and zingy effect.

I really like the idea of Sam selecting or vouching for a clone like he has with the pog x hk,, or rhino x sk1, or haze19,, or his mexican x haze

It seems like these are seeds with old classic clones as parents,, think about it,,, how old is the hk clone used in the pog x hk original mother (reversed backcross)

Or the rhino clone in rhino x sk1,, how old are these clones,,, we know the sk1 daddy is crazy old and 1 : 10000 or something

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just noticed the place where I bought my O. Haze seeds 5 years ago, still has seeds fom Sam left.

California Skunk Haze, Pot of Gold, ... and the "Seedsman Haze mix" (Original Haze, Skunk Haze and Indian Haze)

It's the california skunk haze I thought was the real unique offering,, totally missed that one,,,

It's the haze hybrids from Sam I cry about,,, can you emagin growing that same shit nevil did,, lucky fuker,, its shit like western winds x sk / haze I'm literally dying to hear about in samS vault

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was just thinking you need a miracle clone. Maybe someone has held the exact plants whose tastes you fell in love with!

Seeds are going to take some sifting. And you might want to make F2s or S1s of anything “in the ballpark”.

I don’t have the Amsterdam experience as a reference point - it was a once in a lifetime place for me, and I was not impressed with the standard. The thunks remind me of a few lucky finds in bricked mex weed (that 1 in a 100 plant that blew even the best ‘kind bud’ of the time out of the water). Not the taste, particularly, but the wild NLD growth and zingy effect.

Only place in Amsterdam ever worth smoking from was the damstraat green house,, damkrink,, 2e karmer,, gray area,,an maybe the media coffeeshop for samS shit,, everyone else was a joke,, oh, and Dutch flowers for the 19 week hawian haze

But yeh,,, haze was incredible from the damstraat greenhouse till nevil and shanti jumped ship ��,,, it literally happend over night,,, one day we had el nino,, and crazy haze specials on the menu in pen,, then the ssh was just poo one day and the next thing greenhouse has dumped the black packs and hocking shit ssh seeds and weed

But seriously,, before the 2001 htcc,,, haze was still king in Amsterdam,, and it was all because of Sam and his influence,, so I'm thinking shit,, get me some fugin Sam influence on the scene

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
3 pog germinating,, and one uk haze,,, pog being clear winner as 3 of them were first to pop

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I keep calling it haze 19,,,lol,,its haze 5,,, wish we could see pictures of the haze 5 clone and hear why it's such a good choice as a parent,,, i wonder if it's a 1:1 for indoor domestication purposes,,, Sam doing 1:1 is actually exiting!,, it raises questions in itself

Sam Skunkman's Cultivators Choice (Regular)

Ancestral Skunk #1 - Batch 2 - 100 seeds / $60
Thai/Haze x Skunk #1 20 seeds / $30
Sleestack x Skunk #1 10 seeds/ $40
Original Haze x Skunk #1 10 seeds/ $40
Haze#5 x Original Haze/Skunk #1 10 seeds / $40
Haze/Mexican x Original Haze/Skunk#1 10 seeds / $50
White Widow x Skunk #1 10 seeds / $60
White Rhino x Skunk #1 10 seeds / $60
Pot of Gold x Hindu Kush (FEM) 5 seeds /$50 -------- 10 seeds /$90