What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethos Genetics Thoughts

sshz

Only issue with Member Berry is it's just not very potent.......I only grew it because it was Colin's favorite strain. Probably the most disappointing out of all his strains I've grown from Ethos. You can find a start to finish grow on RIU.

sshz

Don't get me wrong......it wasn't bad, just not potent enough for me.

You are probably correct, though.

Dr.NO

I'm on my second run of Ethos Inzane in the Membrane. These are clones in coco this time around. All pics are from day 44 of 12/12. Currently on day 49.

Pheno with bulbous calyxes creating cloud-like buds that smell like lemon-lime and fuel:
picture.php
picture.php

Pheno with tighter nodes, lots of bud sites and spicy haze-like smell:
picture.php

Pheno that stacks calyxes in many directions:
picture.php

picture.php

There are also some shorter plants with smaller colas.

The last pack of Ethos seeds Citral-Flo I received had vary immature seeds and although they germinate fine they stall after that. I've seen this many times with immature seeds that'll stall after germination because of not enough stored starches to supply nutrition till root formation is able to start feeding the plant.

sshz

Main stem cola, around 16 inches long. You're only seeing a part of it. Probably 18-20 grams dry.......

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I'm on my second run of Ethos Inzane in the Membrane. These are clones in coco this time around. All pics are from day 44 of 12/12. Currently on day 49.

Pheno with bulbous calyxes creating cloud-like buds that smell like lemon-lime and fuel:
View Image View Image

Pheno with tighter nodes, lots of bud sites and spicy haze-like smell:
View Image

Pheno that stacks calyxes in many directions:
View Image
View Image

There are also some shorter plants with smaller colas.

I almost got the inzane. I thought it was purple. Guess even seed banks use filters to change colors. I'm sure it's a great strain, but I was looking for purple, glad I didn't grab it when it came back in stock.

Dr.NO

I almost got the inzane. I thought it was purple. Guess even seed banks use filters to change colors. I'm sure it's a great strain, but I was looking for purple, glad I didn't grab it when it came back in stock.

The main image used by Ethos is a bit deceptive with the purplish hues. It's definitely not a purple strain, but it is quality smoke and high yielding. I look forward to dialing it in to optimize yield.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor

His Crescendo has purple pheno's. Not super hardcore like the Killing Fields I have. But enough to say it's purple.

sshz

I saw a THC report on the Inzane, and it was really poor- like 16.1%

I know the grower was really unhappy with it. I think he said the best (and only pheno worth keeping) is a 13 week flowering pheno with a Hazy smell and taste. That one he loved, but I think it was only 1 plant out of 12 so you have to look for it.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Damn glad I stopped trying to attain that line would have ended very disappointed... Still wish Colin would throw out some tests he's done on that line and others that are supposed to be high THC

My opinion is that he may claim those for selling purposes like if I claim my Alien Overlord hits 38% THC guarantee lots of cats would buy it up...how trends usually work

sshz

Most of Colin's stuff falls short of his THC expectations......Zsweet Inzanity is one of the few that nearly made it though.

Dr.NO

Before he adds lab tests don't we think he should at least test the seeds? Write a description?

Very true. The packaging does have some marketing description but I haven't seen anything more in depth from them.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I'm a lightweight and haven't found it to be too potent or "face crushing." Though most phenos are vigorous and tall with potentially very high yields.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Before he adds lab tests don't we think he should at least test the seeds? Write a description?

Lab tests could be from the results of the tester plants thus giving you a good idea of what is inside if your horticulture skills are good :D

That's at least an option to help sell said product

sshz

Lab tests also greatly depending on many things........I might have mentioned previously- I find it interesting that Colin had such great hopes for the Inzane that he was offering 100 packs of free seeds to anyone who won a cup with it. Then around 3-4 months later, I saw 3 reviews and all of them were disappointing. One of the guys loved the hazey 13 week pheno, but none of the other plants were keepers- and far from it. The buzz quickly ended, right after the journals were completed.