What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So...what's up today?

St. Phatty

Good job, St Phatty. We have rescued so many homeless cats around here I've lost count. All around December/January when they need it most. The neighbours think we're nuts but if they were stray dogs they'd be the first to help. Anyway, all the best with that soul.:)

Thanks very much for the comments and advice !

attachment.php

Tan cat in better days.

Turns out the 100 mil bottle of Penicillin I bought at the farm supply is the right thing to have - once you figure out dosages - even if it's not clear if it's a tooth problem or a real bad bacterial infection in the cat's throat.

Fortunately I have the pills to give him instead.

I also have a Black & White outdoor cat to deal with. It is a large male who was a very effective ratter until his paw was hurt about a year ago. His name is Don Juan.

I asked the vet about how to capture Don Juan. He said they don't have tranquilizer darts suitable for a small rifle or any other delivery system. And that we could give Don Juan a tranquilizer in his food - but then he conks out who knows where.

So maybe the closest I can get to helping Don Juan is to put an antibiotic in his food and hope it takes care of his paw healing problem.

I asked the Vet about birth control options. I don't want to castrate the Tan male. I would accept Vasectomy for him. He said they don't train for that and he's literally never done one.

Vasectomy is a simple procedure. I read about a small group of wildlife biologists in Pennsylvania who did a mass vasectomy on male deer in Pennsylvania, capturing and neutering a few hundred.

Where I live, over-population of cats is not a problem. The last litter the female had, there were 4. I re-homed 3 through Craigslist. Then the 4th one disappeared very suddenly, I believe he was eaten.

I also had 2 adult cats eaten by probably mountain lion this last summer.

Attachments

• Better-Times - Copy.jpg
    Better-Times - Copy.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 9

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Happy Shatterday my friends. Feels like spring outside. Can't get enough of this....need to remember it is only the first of January.

Nothing to do in the garden today. Went down and looked around but I am officially giving myself the day off.

Thinking I will take the dog out back for a walk if I can get her lazy ass up. I swear this is the laziest dog I have ever owned. All she wants to do is eat, shit and sleep.

Football playoffs today. I really don't even know who is playing. Guess I will watch (some). Not as much fun since our local team shit the bed. It becomes a game of not who to root for but who to root against. There are certain teams I love to watch loose. Not really cause I want the team to loose I just hate the arrogant fans and want them to suffer....like me.

Not much going on around here today.....lets get this party started.......

buzzmobile

Veteran
I started yesterday taking down the outside Christmas lights. They come down a lot quicker than they go up. I hauled some pots upstairs and dumped them in low spots around the yard. Then I filled them up again and toted them downstairs. 6 more clones potted up and I called my 'work' day done.

As a Dolphins fan I feel your pain, @Putembk. There aren't any teams involved that I care to root for or against. Maybe the Super Bowl commercials will not suck this year. ;)

When the sun comes up I will head to the shed and drag multiple trunks into the house for my lovely spouse to load. I can feel my back tightening as I type. Thankfully the rain has stopped here for a few days. Sunshine is a good thing.

Do something fun today, my fellow geezers.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Good morning all,
Waiting for the sun to come up here as well....going to be a lovely day to go to the lake.
Buzz, thinking I will take down the Christmas stuff too.....the wife will appreciate it

Mr.Miner

Good morning. The sun is just rising here. It's a 'cold' Sunday and I'm going to get ready to go for my weekend newspaper/sandwich routine. Then I am hitting to road to look at cars.

It's so nice to be up when it is so quiet. What a luxury.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning.

@ buzz.....who you calling a geezer??? Actually I resemble that remark....thanks for reminding me.

I will be trimming again today. Sweet Tooth. A fan favorite. I am out so it will be good to get re-supplied. Ran out of Lemon Betty yesterday as well. For the life of me I can't figure out where the stuff goes....

Nice and sunny here again. To warm for this time of year. I love it but we need moisture. Another dry spring will mean water rationing.

Lights are coming on....I gotta go to work.

packerfan79

Veteran
Morning.

@ buzz.....who you calling a geezer??? Actually I resemble that remark....thanks for reminding me.

I will be trimming again today. Sweet Tooth. A fan favorite. I am out so it will be good to get re-supplied. Ran out of Lemon Betty yesterday as well. For the life of me I can't figure out where the stuff goes....

Nice and sunny here again. To warm for this time of year. I love it but we need moisture. Another dry spring will mean water rationing.

Lights are coming on....I gotta go to work.

The stuff goes "up in smoke " fortunately my money doesn't go that way.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
That's fucking awesome! tell Tommy what's up from everyone at icmag haha

I am sure his PR Dept shotguns out tons of requests like this every day. I am like a fly on an elephants ass to him. To funny.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning all. Windy as all get out here. Probably not gonna do much outside today.

Just made my last payment to the IRS for last year. I'm one of those unlucky individuals that has to pay quarterly. To may business investments, condo's and rentals so the IRS keeps a close eye on me....I guess.

Speaking of which I need to get up to my cabin and make sure everything is ok. Coldest time of the year up there now. Gets down to 20 below 0 on most nights there for the next 45 days or so. Couple years ago it got down to -37f. Good thing my daughter and son in law were there at the time...pipes froze and by the time I would have gotten up there.....probably would have been 4 feet of water in the crawl space.

Easy day in the garden so I guess I will run errands.....

T

Teddybrae

There's a Cyclone hovering up the coast. You Americans call them Hurricanes. Anyway the sky is leaden and there is no wind. It may rain a lot here if the Hurricane moves south.
Our resident Red Belly Blake snake likes it when the sun is gone and yesterday spent all day out in the garden hunting frogs and lizards. S/he's about 5 feet long.
This morning I must battle the birds in the garden. The parrots are eating the almost ripe mangoes and they need to come off the tree. We will slice and freeze them.
Then I 'll go awatering in the forest. I have a soil bed to flush. by the time I get back to the house SHE may have returned from our Daughter's place ... and we will have coffee together.
(Here's a picture of our resident snake's belly as he slips back to the ground from our verandah.)

picture.php

buzzmobile

Veteran
Whether they're called a Cyclone or a Hurricane it sucks to be in the path. I hope all goes well for you and that the parrots don't eat all of the mangoes. We didn't have to worry about parrots eating our mangoes. It was the humans that were stealing them.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Best morning of my whole life - got the news that my wife in the Philippines has finally got her UK settlement visa - so her and my 2 kids should be here with me in the UK within 2-3 weeks - after nearly 5 and a half years of forced separation.

So I am MR HAPPY!

Pharrell Williams - Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbZSe6N_BXs

packerfan79

Veteran
Best morning of my whole life - got the news that my wife in the Philippines has finally got her UK settlement visa - so her and my 2 kids should be here with me in the UK within 2-3 weeks - after nearly 5 and a half years of forced separation.

So I am MR HAPPY!

Pharrell Williams - Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbZSe6N_BXs

That's awesome Gypsy. Glad you will soon have your family together again. Congratulations.