What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A 20-Year Study on Marijuana Use Yields 5 Surprising Finds

Unclecrash

Right on I used to be the same way work aholic ,half the time never take a break just a few seconds to get a drink and maybe 3 minutes to hoark down a slice of pizza. I used to moonlite with a friend doing commercial building just the two of us unless there was a crunch on the deadline. I can do it all from start to finish.

Unclecrash

Seems the evidence is out there just have to find it. I know I was reading where I think it was canada doing studies on mice or rats and they were getting the tumor's in them to shrink. I cant back it up as I dont remember where I found it at. Im sure a few searches would probably find it. I think using oil's injected directly into the tumor's

Unclecrash

What about the little girl who was having terrible seizure's until they gave her some meds. It was Charrlot's Web they are using matter of fact the strain was named after her.

Last edited:

DrFever

Veteran
Evidence of weed curing cancer.... Hmmmm-
http://youtu.be/DqHassCMX-0

There are thousands of these cases, plus one I already posted which shows you the tumour cells dying

hahahaha Huff post again no scientific DATA proving mj cures cancer just some cock gobbling doctor . who probably smokes weed mentioning again and on the tube lets see scientific anyone can see this one is flawed do you see the child take it no but you see some mri and could very well be pictures of a child getting cancer pictures reversed instead of showing how it progressed hahaha Hilarious and to look on youtube for proof hahaha smoke another one dummy

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
hahahaha Huff post again no scientific DATA proving mj cures cancer just some cock gobbling doctor . who probably smokes weed mentioning again and on the tube lets see scientific anyone can see this one is flawed do you see the child take it no but you see some mri and could very well be pictures of a child getting cancer pictures reversed instead of showing how it progressed hahaha Hilarious and to look on youtube for proof hahaha smoke another one dummy

Not the first time an idiot who calls himself Dr. Has got it all wrong.
Plenty of proof out there... And don't fucking call me a dummy

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DrFever,

Do you really think that general practicioners of medecine (family doctors) publish much of anything once they're major studies are done?

I highly doubt it, myself.
MAYBE... If their practice was attached or associated with a university & they were specifically researching that particular subject matter.

Your are a fool to think that there should be data proving much of anything concerning cannabis, at this point in the game.
Studies are minimal and still rather un(der)funded due to the illegal nature of this plant. That is, unless your study is for the express purpose of demonizing it.
Not to mention the fact that patients that self medicate are not included in these studies, rather, they are typically specifically excluded from the studies.

Hmmmm... I wonder what your agenda really is?
It sure seems you like this plant being thought of as illegal. That or you just like to argue. Matbe both?

Your name calling is pretty rude as well.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
I suppose all these REAL doctors are wrong too, as they don't agree with your blinkered view:

While taking a look at these studies, keep in mind that cannabis can be much more effective for medicinal purposes when we eat it rather than smoking it. Below are 20 medical studies that suggest cannabis can be an effective treatment and possible cure for cancer. This is a good starting point for the push for further human clinical trials.

Brain Cancer
1. A study published in the British Journal of Cancer, conducted by the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Complutense University in Madrid, this study determined that Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other cannabinoids inhibit tumour growth. They were responsible for the first clinical study aimed at assessing cannabinoid antitumoral action. Cannabinoid delivery was safe and was achieved with zero psychoactive effects. THC was found to decrease tumour cells in two out of the nine patients.

2. A study published in The Journal of Neuroscience examined the biochemical events in both acute neuronal damage and in slowly progressive, neurodegenerative diseases. They conducted a magnetic resonance imaging study that looked at THC (the main active compound in marijuana) and found that it reduced neuronal injury in rats. The results of this study provide evidence that the cannabinoid system can serve to protect the brain against neurodegeneration.

3. A study published in The Journal of Pharmacology And Experimental Therapeutics already acknowledged the fact that cannabinoids have been shown to possess antitumor properties. This study examined the effect of cannabidiol (CBD, non psychoactive cannabinoid compound) on human glioma cell lines. The addition of cannabidiol led to a dramatic drop in the viability of glioma cells. Glioma is the word used to describe brain tumour. The study concluded that cannabidiol was able to produce a significant antitumor activity.

4. A study published in the journal Molecular Cancer Therapeutics outlines how brain tumours are highly resistant to current anticancer treatments, which makes it crucial to find new therapeutic strategies aimed at improving the poor prognosis of patients suffering from this disease. This study also demonstrated the reversal of tumour activity in Glioblastoma multiforme.

Breast Cancer
5. A study published in the US National Library of Medicine, conducted by the California Pacific Medical Centre determined that cannabidiol (CBD) inhibits human breast cancer cell proliferation and invasion. They also demonstrated that CBD significantly reduces tumour mass.

6. A study published in The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics determined that THC as well as cannabidiol dramatically reduced breast cancer cell growth. They confirmed the potency and effectiveness of these compounds.

7. A study published in the Journal Molecular Cancer showed that THC reduced tumour growth and tumour numbers. They determined that cannabinoids inhibit cancer cell proliferation, induce cancer cell apoptosis and impair tumour angiogenesis (all good things). This study provides strong evidence for the use of cannabinoid based therapies for the management of breast cancer.

8. A study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS) determined that cannabinoids inhibit human breast cancer cell proliferation.

Lung Cancer
9. A study published in the journal Oncogene, by Harvard Medical Schools Experimental Medicine Department determined that THC inhibits epithelial growth factor induced lung cancer cell migration and more. They go on to state that THC should be explored as novel therapeutic molecules in controlling the growth and metastasis of certain lung cancers.

10. A study published by the US National Library of Medicine by the Institute of Toxicology and Pharmacology, from the Department of General Surgery in Germany determined that cannabinoids inhibit cancer cell invasion. Effects were confirmed in primary tumour cells from a lung cancer patient. Overall, data indicated that cannabinoids decrease cancer cell invasiveness.

11. A study published by the US National Library of Medicine, conducted by Harvard Medical School investigated the role of cannabinoid receptors in lung cancer cells. They determined its effectiveness and suggested that it should be used for treatment against lung cancer cells.

Prostate Cancer
12. A study published in the US National Library of Medicine illustrates a decrease in prostatic cancer cells by acting through cannabinoid receptors.

13. A study published in the US National Library of Medicine outlined multiple studies proving the effectiveness of cannabis on prostate cancer.

14. Another study published by the US National Library of Medicine determined that clinical testing of CBD against prostate carcinoma is a must. That cannabinoid receptor activation induces prostate carcinoma cell apoptosis. They determined that cannabidiol significantly inhibited cell viability.

Blood Cancer
15. A study published in the journal Molecular Pharmacology recently showed that cannabinoids induce growth inhibition and apoptosis in matle cell lymphoma. The study was supported by grants from the Swedish Cancer Society, The Swedish Research Council and the Cancer Society in Stockholm.

16. A study published in the International Journal of Cancer also determined and illustrated that cannabinoids exert antiproliferative and proapoptotic effects in various types of cancer and in mantle cell lymphoma.

17. A study published in the US National Library of Medicine conducted by the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology by Virginia Commonwealth University determined that cannabinoids induce apoptosis in leukemia cells.

Oral Cancer
18. A study published by the US National Library of Medicine results show cannabinoids are potent inhibitors of cellular respiration and are toxic to highly malignant oral Tumours.

Liver Cancer
19. A study published by the US National Library of Medicine determined that that THC reduces the viability of human HCC cell lines (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) and reduced the growth.

Pancreatic Cancer
20. A study published in The American Journal of Cancer determined that cannabinoid receptors are expressed in human pancreatic tumor cell lines and tumour biopsies at much higher levels than in normal pancreatic tissue. Results showed that cannabinoid administration induced apoptosis. They also reduced the growth of tumour cells, and inhibited the spreading of pancreatic tumour cells.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^
Very nice of ya to provide those mr.brunch.

Some peeps keep their eyes like their minds... very tightly sealed...

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
No problem my friend.... Seems some people don't want the research done.
After watching my mother die of cancer at a young age (46) and the 2 year bout of chemotherapy it makes me mad when people who have no idea what a big step research in cannabis cures could be... Chemo sucks ass

igrowone

Veteran
MJ prove it is there scientific data proving it cures Cancers ...

that statement is poorly expressed
does current mainstream chemotherapy cure cancer?
very rarely, but that's not saying it has no value
there are clinical studies that show mj seems to have anti cancer activity in some cases
you have some good points, but extreme views indicate a jaundiced eye

Unclecrash

This weed plant could very well be why im still alive, while knowing I had a lot of pain in my testicle and not wanting to suck it up and get the balls to go to the doc I kept putting it off for over 6 years. If I wasnt smoking pot , it makes me wonder how long I would have lasted if I wasnt smoking every day of my life.

budlover123

At least these pharmaceutical pushing fascists now have to concede to make their bullshit at least semi-believable. This list was probably released in 1990 but they just changed #1 to make it seem like it was made by people who aren't trying to discredit marijuana use. Even if there are negative health impacts of using weed, why should people ever trust a pharmaceutical company releasing research about it? The conflict of interest is immense. They are selling highly proprietary, expensive, often extremely dangerous chemical compounds to help illnesses that a plant that is safe to use, can be grown, cut, and dried may help.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
The original research that showed anti cancer properties was done in the seventies, when they were trying to prove weed caused cancer.... When the results showed the exact opposite funding was pulled.
Makes me sick that this was known then- think how many people could have been helped

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Og, that patent excerpt says it all- the very people who say it has no medical use have a patent on it for medical use..... Can anyone say "hypocritical "

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
People (patients) should be more concerned with the sude effects of these pharmaceutical products but it seems most are completely unaware of them.

Folks are way to trusting of their drug pushers... er... I mean... doctors.

TerpeneTom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
On the front page of a predominately conservative community's propaganda:

"A few decades ago, parents used to warn their children that smoking marijuana could eventually lead them down the road to more illicit drug use.
But as of a few years ago, that same marujana warning fell behind a new gateway leading down the destuctive and deadly path of drug addiction - prescription drug abuse and misuse is the leading epidemic."

Bongstar420

Ever ran with weights on your legs? Its like that.

Most people put the weights on their legs and sit on the couch. Of course they atrophy.

the iq thing makes sense, kinda. I mean if you smoke all the time starting as a teen and continue doing so all the way through your 20 and do other drugs as well.

I mean that would make anyone dumber. not because of the weed but because chances are you are not a productive person and get very little academic stimulation.

so I can agree that a long term drug addict would loose iq points because their time is spent chasing a high rather than engaging life and learning things. like a moderate or even heavy user of just marijuana would. of course this is just my thoughts on the subject.

Red hot metal can be "medical." For instance, you can seal/sterilize a wound in the field or burn a wart off with it

Alcohol can be used as an analgesic hypnotic.

Lettuce extract can be a sedative.

I want my medical orgasms and Gold plated toilet already..I can't get "well being" without em