What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Get Raided!

Cool Moe

Veteran
No fan of the fed but hey, they're allowing legal recreational cannabis to go forward a freakin month from now in two states. they just don't want cartel money owning and operating the supply and distribution. we should be toasting em on this one.

barnyard

due process of law

n. a fundamental principle of fairness in all legal matters, both civil and criminal, especially in the courts. All legal procedures set by statute and court practice, including notice of rights, must be followed for each individual so that no prejudicial or unequal treatment will result. While somewhat indefinite, the term can be gauged by its aim to safeguard both private and public rights against unfairness. The universal guarantee of due process is in the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which provides "No person shall…be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law," and is applied to all states by the 14th Amendment. From this basic principle flows many legal decisions determining both procedural and substantive rights.

barnyard

you can't just show up and take people's stuff...

you can't just show up and take people's stuff...

No fan of the fed but hey, they're allowing legal recreational cannabis to go forward a freakin month from now in two states. they just don't want cartel money owning and operating the supply and distribution. we should be toasting em on this one.

sure, if you're a Nazi or a Facist.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Fuck the feds. They are not "allowing" anything. They criminalized something that should never have been criminalized. The states seized their rights in these cases, as they should. The feds have fought every bit of this "progress" every step of the way. Everyone already knows, and have known for many years, that prohibition doesn't work.

This response was to Cool Moe. Someone jumped in before me with their own response. I should have done the quote thing.

OilGuy

If criminal activities (whether you agree with the word "criminal" or not) are allowed to go on in one of the first states that has made recreational pot legal than it would severely hinder any additional progress... opponents would just cite the case over and over and more damage to the scene would be done than if the feds hadn't stepped in. By showing some oversight...

Now I'm not saying this particular instance went down as it should, and I would rather have seen strictly Colorado enforcement and not Federal enforcement in play here... but it only takes a few bad eggs to spoil the bunch, so fuck the bad eggs, aye?

monsoon

Few, if any of these folks getting popped have ANYTHING to do with "medical" marijuana...they are just the latest assholes to USE MMJ as a cover for criminal/illegal activities that they don't have the balls to pull off without hiding behind/abusing our laws.
4500 plants? C'mon. That's not a med grow....

I side with those who say FUCK EM and who support the DEA cleaning house in Colorado.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
4500 plants IS a medical grow, come to colorado and see.... the med warehouse i ran easily cleared 5 k plants including veg. with expanded plant counts for terminally ill / homebound patients... 4.5k plants is really just a drop in the bucket, you have to understand the magnitude things are happening at out here...

breaks my heart to see so many people justifying federal intervention...

i'l take the middle of the road on this and say that pigs are bad, federal pigs worse... BUT there are also snakes in the colorado cannabis scene that DO need to be weeded out.... i'd just rather see the state do it than feds...s tate wont be destroying pants, state wont be treating people like drug dealers (unless they are caught dealing to kids... or out of state).

M4rky2

I hope it all turns out ok for you guys.The fact is,pot is an easy bust,and in the UK,it is frequently used to bump crime figures up.If pot is legal, they're short a few billion 'criminals'worldwide ,so of course they don't want it legal.In the UK,it's causing coke style greed wars as prices have settled at£200a zip,and people are madder for weed than they ever were for hash.(How much actual quality import hash do we see in the UK THESE DAYS?)prohibition suits the suits,so whether it's"legal"or not,all those hard working people who have spent combining rare genetics,caring for their product,taking pride in the flavors and attributes of their product,will all be forgotten as soon as BIG money comes callin'.And they can and will take their time to wear us out by constant harassment and imprisonment....If you even do a little bit of the 'maths'Its obvious that something is seriously wrong.Maybe someday someone POWERFUL will show it(prohibition)up for the farce that it is,but it obviously isn't happening yet.Good luck guys,fly the weed flag high.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Few, if any of these folks getting popped have ANYTHING to do with "medical" marijuana...they are just the latest assholes to USE MMJ as a cover for criminal/illegal activities that they don't have the balls to pull off without hiding behind/abusing our laws.
4500 plants? C'mon. That's not a med grow....

I side with those who say FUCK EM and who support the DEA cleaning house in Colorado.

Plants aren't illegal. Why don't you wake up from your NAZI brain washing.

Who cares if a farmer grows flowers, corn, or wheat? What fucking business is it of yours? What fucking right do you have to say that a man may not grow and sell flowers?

I side with freedom, please drop your guns and pick up a plow.

:joint:

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
Plants aren't illegal. Why don't you wake up from your NAZI brain washing.

Who cares if a farmer grows flowers, corn, or wheat? What fucking business is it of yours? What fucking right do you have to say that a man may not grow and sell flowers?

I side with freedom, please drop your guns and pick up a plow.

c'mon man! we all know the feds still consider the plant we are talking about illegal, and we all know that when anything crosses state lines the crime becomes federal.

i'm not supporting what they are doing at all, but i'm not shocked either. we all know that LEO (even in colorado) still doesn't like stoners much and they are going to use any and every excuse to fuck with us. these assholes gave them an excuse and unfortunately people who didn't do anything wrong are getting caught up in this shit. same shit different day in the drug war

mind your plant counts and try to be a good stoner and they won't fuck with you IME. unless you count them counting your girls and going away as fucking with you:tiphat:

i like colorado! and the dickheads who get caught taking advantage of the rules and making us all look bad are not helping our cause at all.

hard to feel sorry for people who couldn't give a fuck about anyone but themselves

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Any invasion of privacy is fucking with us. Our natural rights aren't effected by their immoral laws, just as the NAZI laws didn't hold any moral authority over the jews. They are waging war on peaceful civilians and brain washing their neighbors to put them in a cage.

There can be NO TAKING ADVANTAGE of "the RULES" when the RULES and REGULATORS are immoral. The whole concept of rules governing your peaceful activities on your own land is an ORWELLIAN evil that must not stand.

I feel sorry for all people under the boot who harmed NO ONE. I don't care if they give a fuck about me or anyone else I still believe they have the right to live free.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
ummmm ok .......

i never realized that growing a plant put me on a level with the poor bastards who died in the camps.

......... but i like ham sandwiches and detest drama so it is kinda hard to make me fit into that group

as much as we all bitch and moan about the rules my guess is that you would shit yourself if there weren't any. anarchy probably wouldn't be all that much fun once you realized there are some pretty fucking nasty side effects. one of them being the absolute necessity of putting down the plow and picking up a gun if you plan on surviving for long enough for shit to calm down.

colorado's laws got changed because a few guys with suits and ties actually got off there asses and did something about changing the laws instead of sitting and bitching about being persecuted by the drug warrior nazis and their immoral laws. now a few greedy shit heads have made it so the drug warrior nazis have an excuse (no matter how lame) to come back and persecute us again.

fuck those greedy guys and anybody else who's self interest streak is so wide that they don't consider the collateral damage that their actions will cause.

nobody gets it like they want it

JimmyToucan

Well said Aces. I'd imagine the majority of people here would favor full legalization, but as it is there are a few rules to follow. If the cartels are involved in posin g as MMJ setuos only to ship it out of state for big profits then they shoukd be shut down. I'm sure there are plenty of good local people that are more than willing and abke to supply people in need.

It hasn't gone as far as many of us would like, but it sure as hell is a step in the right direction and those who are taking it upon themselves to go outside of the lines drawn are only fucking it up for everyone else.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Why would you want tax dollars for guns to "Shut Down" people that grow and sell flowers?

SHOULD be shut down?????????

How in the hell can a cannabis smoker think that ANY flower growers "Should be shut down?"

So once freed, blacks should not have objected to Jim Crowe laws? Because after all it had progressed a bunch from slavery. Any uppity nigg er thinking he was equal to whites should shut his fucking face and be thankful he wasn't a slave anymore?

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
You are right they only want to throw you in a cage, not exterminate you. I guess these guys aren't so bad after all.

:laughing: good thing the drug warriors are not the only ones who don't like to exaggerate just a little so the story (and therefore their bullshit argument) sounds better :tiphat:

but the fact is the feds came and picked some low hanging and rotten fruit that was moving things across state lines......... thats all. and the other fact is that the drug warriors are gonna use that low hanging rotten fruit as an example of what your typical grower is up to in colorado to fuck with all of us.

you can bitch and moan all you want about how horrible things are but you can't tell me that things are not getting better than they ever have been as far as legalization goes. and you are never going to convince me that a bunch of fucking cowboys swinging their dicks in the feds faces and then trying to hide behind state laws and legal growers like myself deserve any sort of break.

i feel blessed to live in colorado (always have) and the last thing you would catch me doing is making life hard for other growers/patients/stoners by doing stupid shit that actually gives the other side a reason to fuck with us.

barnyard

So Eights, do you agree with people's constitutional right to due process? A simple "yes" or "no" answer will suffice if you would be so kind.

barnyard

yes

(because the latest raids aren't motivated by justice but rather forfeiture ~ sorry that's more than a "yes")

monsoon

Been in CO 30+ years, Avanish. 25+ growing this plant....and I guarantee you none of these ball swingin' fuckheads were here then.

The fuckers busted last week some of you boneheads are defending are Columbian nationals here to fuck us all over. Only the stupid would support such criminal actions. Get a clue. Just because it's "pot" doesn't mean that all of the folks playing this game are well and good and honest. Clowns. Too many clowns.

Well said Aces.

Latest posts

Latest posts