What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Medical Marijuana Dispensaries Get Raided!

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
No one got arrested because thats the way they do it. Try to bankrupt you first before a LONG legal action if you continue. Scare Tactics.

RetroGrow

Veteran
No one got arrested because thats the way they do it. Try to bankrupt you first before a LONG legal action if you continue. Scare Tactics.

That's the business the DEA is in. They are not trying to protect us from the evils of "drugs", they are trying to steal as much money as they can. This is what motivates them, and this is what keeps them going. They won't let up as long as there is profit to be made.

Last edited:

Obsidian

Veteran
3 dips in Ned are owned by the Colombian Cartel, one just went down, I wonder why his other 2 didn't get raideed.
Everyone here in Ned who is in the Med scene knows the Colombians are here/have been here for 2 yrs and we do not like them. They grow the herb and ship it out of state. fact.

Most of you don't live here in CO and just speculate as to what just happened.
This is the Colombian Cartel...growing herb under the guise of MMJ and shipping it out of state for huge profit.
They aren't here helping patients. Fact.
All dips busted were owned by the Cartel, and there are more. This guy was here bragging last summer about his ops.

dips and people being glad the bust went down, the talk on facebook and here in Nederland is everyone Growers and others ar glad these shops went down.
Time to Flush the trash out of CO!

RetroGrow

Veteran
IF
I'm disappointed to the point of being disgusted at those who were calling Holder a p.o.s and railing against Obama.

Bro, I find it hard to believe that you are actually defending Obama & Holder. These are two of the sleaziest, lyingest scumbags ever to disgrace our country. Both of them should be in jail for the crimes they have already committed. Obama should have been impeached long ago, for violating the civil rights of an American citizen who he murdered by drone. But forget about that guy, what about all the innocent people, including women and children, who have become "collateral damage" in drone strikes?
Do you not recall that Obama PROMISED that his administration would not interfere in states rights when it came to cannabis?
And do you not recall Holder echoing those same words just a short time back?
The fact is, there have been many more raids under Obama than under Bush. Obama LIED, as has bacome his habit. He lied about Obamacare, he lied about Benghazzi, he lied about "Fast & Furious", he lied about Solandra. These guys were giving automatic weapons to the Mexican cartel to kill people with. Americans have been killed with those weapons. Since when have the President and cheif law enforcement officer gotten in the business of supplying arms to the Mexican drug cartels? Is this part of their job responsibilities? I think not. These things were and are crimes. The President and Attorney General are criminals.

Here's one man's opinion of Holder:

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2013-03-16/eric-holder-organized-crime’s-man-year

Since awards are now given for just about everything, many of them ill deserved, I advocate for awards that don’t yet exist but are truly earned.

I can see them all gathering for some Caligula like gala. The carpet could be died red with the blood of the innocent children who have been killed in Juarez alone with the guns he sold them and the border he won’t protect.

Imagine how you would revere this man, Eric Holder, if you were a Mexican drug lord, a banksta, or a smuggler.

Journey with me into the mind of your high ranking Zeta or Sinaloa member giving the award speech. Imagine the voice of the Dos Equiis beer actor.

“Senors and Senoritas, Ladies and Gentleman, it gives me great pleasure to present Organized Crime’s Man of The Year, Mr. Eric Holder.

You all know him, you all appreciate him and you all owe most of your good fortune to him. Si. Si, but keep the whistling down my friends.

We had a hard time getting automatic weapons in lawless Mexico, but you, Hombre, you delivered.

Fast and Furious was just what we needed. And as you know, we went right to work using those guns the moment we got our hands on them.

Then there was the problem with the dinero. We had sacks of cash piling up in basements and garages. Money had become like a burden to us. We couldn’t buy much real estate or bonds, but you dug deep for us, Homey. You went back to your banksta days and went all Chicago style, and pretty soon Wachovia and HSBC are sending a fleet of armored cars, and the cash is all cleaned up. Literally and figuratively. They even made special boxes for our deposits so we could get the maximum amount of cash through the teller windows. Genius, pure genius. Awesome dedication from my brother from another mother.

But, Dude, and this is where even us cartel guys can’t keep our emotions in check. Dude, if it were not for you we would be out of business. When we lose the weed smokers in California, it’s over. Fuck Colorado and Washington; nobody lives there.

California is the prize and we lost it. With those legally compliant, compassionate care cooperatives working so well, we were really taking it in the cajones. Not only were we losing customers, but they were selling high quality organic bud for less than our toxic ditch weed. We were fucked, man.

Then you stepped up your game and brought your posse down hard on those law abiding citizens. That ten year sentence pretty much ended the competition in Cali.

So, on behalf of the Academy of High Level Organized Crime, I Honor you, Mr. Eric Holder, for all of your efforts in aiding and abetting crime at the highest level.”

Our justice department has been sold out. They are now the enemy of the people.

If any person is too big to prosecute then your justice system is a sham, a lie, a farce, a joke, a bastardization of all that America used to stand for. Ultimately, it becomes a tool to enforce the will of fascists.

Holder, who came in during the Clinton administration, has a long history of corruption, and a very short history on prosecution of hate crimes against white people.
Don't take my word for it, but do some reading:

http://www.usasurvival.org/docs/Kolb.rprt.Holder.pdf

This administration is as corrupt as they come.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yeahthats
i didn't write the article just posted it.... for the INFO, not the commentary...
calm down bro,
smoke something

Bro, I find it hard to believe that you are actually defending Obama & Holder.

hard to believe? cause it's not the case... you took the last paragraph of that article and ran wild with it!

lets not turn this into an anti-obama / holder thread, I'm sure we are ALL aware of the transgressions against the cannabis community that this administration is guilty of.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
i didn't write the article just posted it.... for the INFO, not the commentary...
calm down bro,
smoke something

hard to believe? cause it's not the case... you took the last paragraph of that article and ran wild with it!

lets not turn this into an anti-obama / holder thread, I'm sure we are ALL aware of the transgressions against the cannabis community that this administration is guilty of.

I too was confused. I didn't see a by line for a reporter and thought the post was your's. I am no fan of the injustice department.

:joint:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
3 dips in Ned are owned by the Colombian Cartel, one just went down, I wonder why his other 2 didn't get raideed.
Everyone here in Ned who is in the Med scene knows the Colombians are here/have been here for 2 yrs and we do not like them. They grow the herb and ship it out of state. fact.

Most of you don't live here in CO and just speculate as to what just happened.
This is the Colombian Cartel...growing herb under the guise of MMJ and shipping it out of state for huge profit.
They aren't here helping patients. Fact.
All dips busted were owned by the Cartel, and there are more. This guy was here bragging last summer about his ops.

dips and people being glad the bust went down, the talk on facebook and here in Nederland is everyone Growers and others ar glad these shops went down.
Time to Flush the trash out of CO!

I am not glad to see ANY action taken against farms, gardens, or dispensaries.

It is their drug war that says it is wrong to send a plant across a line NOT natural law.

It is NONE of my fucking business who owns the farm next to mine and it is none of my fucking business who that farmer sells his flowers to.

None of us are slaves to their RULES. None of us are slaves to patients. If a patient wishes cannabis they can grow it or buy it. Their desire for cannabis shouldn't lead to tax dollars for gun totting NAZIs to DESTROY cannabis.

:joint:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
geez, i thought the ALL CAPS word ARTICLE followed by a colon then quotation marks would make it entirely clear that i was posting an article that was not written by me, if you want to know WHO DID write it, follow the link provided.

relax everyone.

barnyard

this is about due process...if someone breaks a law they don't give up their civil rights (and it doesn't make it OK to steal their stuff).

"A conflict of interest between effective crime control and creative fiscal management will persist so long as law enforcement agencies remain dependent on civil asset forfeiture."
—John L. Worrall, Department of Criminal Justice, California State University, San Bernardino,

Now is the time to:

~Establish the right to trial by jury with assistance of counsel in all forfeiture cases;
~Require criminal conviction of the owner before property may be forfeited;
~Limit excessive forfeitures for minor crimes;
~Eliminate the fiscal incentives that corrupt law enforcement priorities; and
~Reform state laws that were modeled after the old draconian federal laws.

elkie

geez people, the feds said...follow these 8 simple rules, and we wont fuck with you...cant be any more plain...id be pissed at the people that brought heat into the state...ignorant asses...im glad they got popped...get out of Colorado !!

barnyard

again, just because you don't follow the "rules" it doesn't mean you lose your civil rights.

and it needs to be explicitly demonstrated what law was broken.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
those 8 simple rules where not voted on in my state. Especially about the Minor part, where Federal agents see all minors who are 21 and under. Therefor 18 to 21 are considered minors as well. SO there is ONE loop hole. You think if you follow THEIR rules they wont come bust a Club owner. You are SADLY MISTAKEN. LOOK AT CHARLES LYNCH. Federal government can not give us rules, if it is not federally legal. end of story.

geez people, the feds said...follow these 8 simple rules, and we wont fuck with you...cant be any more plain...id be pissed at the people that brought heat into the state...ignorant asses...im glad they got popped...get out of Colorado !!

Last edited:

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Colorado marijuana dispensary owner, 11 others indicted on 71 charges

Colorado marijuana dispensary owner, 11 others indicted on 71 charges

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_23493035/colorado-marijuana-dispensary-owner-11-others-indicted-71

A Colorado grand jury has indicted 12 people on allegations that they ran three medical-marijuana dispensaries as a front for an investment scam and an illegal marijuana-growing operation.

Among those named in the indictment are the dispensaries' owner, several of his business partners, a marijuana-grower, a lawyer and a doctor. The 12 people named in the indictment variously face charges of racketeering, marijuana cultivation and distribution, money laundering, securities fraud, tax evasion, forgery and attempt to influence a public servant.

The indictment was handed down last month by a state grand jury overseen by the Colorado attorney general's office. The charges were filed in Denver District Court. The 65-page indictment contains 71 total charges.

Carolyn Tyler, a spokeswoman for the attorney general's office, said the indictment was the result of "the careful oversight of the Department of Revenue and tight coordination between state agencies."

According to the indictment, the central figure in the case is 34-year-old Conley Hoskins.

Hoskins' attorney on Wednesday denied that his client was involved in anything illegal under state law.

"The attorney general's indictment is full of tortured and baseless allegations and is contrary in many respects to the plain language and protections provided by Amendment 20," attorney Steve Peters said, referencing the Colorado law that legalized medical marijuana. "Mr. Hoskins denies these charges and looks forward to presenting his defenses in court."

According to the indictment, Hoskins owns three dispensaries: Jane Medicals and Higher Health Medical in Denver and All Care Wellness Centers in Lakewood. All three dispensaries are shown as operating under pending license applications on a list of current dispensaries provided last month to The Denver Post.

Hoskins' childhood friend, 37-year-old Dallan Dirkmaat, is a lawyer who provided legal help to the dispensaries, the indictment states.

The indictment alleges that Hoskins and Dirkmaat, with the help of others, schemed to solicit investments in the dispensaries, then diverted the money into other uses, such as paying off personal debts or debts from other businesses.

"Mr. Dirkmaat and Mr. Hoskins, individually and through the use of their businesses, engaged in numerous fraudulent behaviors to gain investors and stave off outside financial pressures," the indictment alleges. "... Ultimately, the two fraudulently diverted a significant portion of the incoming investment moneys for purposes other than that which their prospectus had promised."

In addition, the indictment alleges that Hoskins conspired with a marijuana-grower to set up an illegal marijuana-cultivation operation in the basement of a house in Windsor. According to the indictment, the grower, who is not charged in the indictment, ultimately grew 10 to 20 pounds of marijuana for Hoskins.

According to the indictment, Hoskins teamed with another grower, 31-year-old Nathan Newman, to grow marijuana illegally in the basement of a house in Brighton. Marijuana from the illegal home grows — as well pot grown in a Denver warehouse that purported to supply a different dispensary — was taken to Jane Medicals, where employees sold it to both legal medical-marijuana patients and to people who weren't medical-marijuana patients, according to the indictment.

"Mr. Hoskins possessed knowledge of this and encouraged Jane Medicals, LLC employees to omit certain sales and understate these sales in the point of sales computer system to evade taxes and to avoid both the recording of illegal sales and the underreporting of sales and sales taxes to the Colorado Department of Revenue," the indictment alleges.

Peters, Hoskins' attorney, said his client made a good-faith effort to comply with state medical-marijuana law.

"Like many dispensary owners, Mr. Hoskins is essentially unable to maintain banking relationships," Peters said. "This may result in record-keeping issues, but certainly not in any acts of racketeering."

The indictment also charges a doctor, 34-year-old Gerald Searle, another childhood friend of Hoskins, with having an unlawful relationship with a dispensary. Colorado law prohibits doctors from receiving anything of value from dispensaries. According to the indictment, Hoskins paid the rent on Searle's medical office in exchange for Searle writing medical-marijuana recommendations to patients and referring them to Hoskins' dispensary, which was around the corner.

The others named in the indictment are 62-year-old David Krause, 33-year-old Brenden Joyce, 40-year-old Kurt Criter, 22-year-old Yesenia Melendez, 23-year-old Carlos Meza, 33-year-old Ryan Tripp, 37-year-old Dialyne Parker and 26-year-old Audra Wimer.

John Ingold: 303-954-1068, jingold@denverpost.com or twitter.com/john_ingold

Read more: Colorado marijuana dispensary owner, 11 others indicted on 71 charges - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/ci_234930...ary-owner-11-others-indicted-71#ixzz2lbQCn1CR
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the main reason I still consider my grow Illegal. I Am a legal med user with all my paperwork. it's meaningless to the feds. With local LEO helping them break our state laws where does it end?. IMO Any State with legal med use/rec use with the local leo helping the feds is violating state law. The Ocifers need to be arrested for breaking state law periode...

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
If you like your Medical Marijuana Dispensary, you can keep your Medical Marijuana Dispensary. ~mT

Problem is, local police, if they dont like you, they will pass your name down to FBI or DEA. and you will be watched. Especially any clubs who got busted and you gave them your paper work.

RetroGrow

Veteran
calm down bro,
smoke something

1. I'm perfectly calm
2. I realize that you were posting an article(s), however it seemed that in the end, where you posted " I'm disappointed to the point of being disgusted at those who were calling Holder a p.o.s and railing against Obama", that those were your words. If those are not your words, my bad.
If they were your words, I thought I would post some truth about Holder & Obama, namely that they are stone cold liars and racists. Hence the links about Holder, who, along with Obama, is a POS.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
those were not my words, my wordes ended at the colon after ARTICLE,
i don't think holder or obama are worth defending, but dont think we need to get into that in this thread....

the article was well put together, aside from those last few lines.... very informative and free of editorial opinions....

truce, retro.