What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OMG!! New Dope Plant Doesn't Get People Stoned!!

T

TribalSeeds

Israeli scientist identified thc as the active chemical in cannabis back in the 50's or 60's. But he was still a 'Zionist" so....:woohoo:

I actually had a good laugh at his post though...lol

supermanlives

Veteran
well maybe for those who need to stay sober its a good thing. but for me it goes on the no list along with decaf coffee,non alcohol beer, fake sugar, and a few other things

pip313

There is no real difference in gmo cannabis and hemp from a "polluting our gene pool" point of view but all real breeding is controled indoors by our known breeders. Its actually pretty cool if they can grow plants with thc that block the effect of the thc. Its probably high cbd and thats all.

Chronage

Scholastic Warrior
lol bro don't you think you're freakin a bit too early? Not like they are gonna switch everyones plants at night, at least, not yet anyhow lol. Seems like a good breed for medical patients that do no wish to get high. For those that wish to medicate against certain things but dont wish to feel the thc, CBD's only.

Nobody seems to mind that other drugs have side effects...

I mean come on the FDA has approved drugs that have lethal side effects to combat a non-life threatening issue.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
I'm all for the advancement of Medical Marijuana and I know of people who would really benefit from a very high CBD genetic type of meds :good:
My concern is that I Don't Trust Any Government :nono: and I can see some dickhead in politics somewhere in the world using this against the stoners of the world, maybe I am paranoid but I've grown up in a Draconian Society called Australia.
Maybe the Titles of the News Reports on this subject rubbed me the wrong way and my distrust of the dickheads in power came out in my initial post.
Now where the frack is my tin-foil hat gone :bigeye:
picture.php

Last edited:

cchem

Nothing new here other than I find it interesting that David Watson aka HortaPharm B.V aka GW Pharma aka Frankenpot has been working on this for years but suddenly America's closest ally cracks the code:) Haha yeah tin foil hat needed here too (ex Aussy who left in 2006 and now lives in the free world). This from Sunday 27 September 1998.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/cannabis-a-year-that-changed-minds-1200871.html

The implications though seem relatively simple and could affect med laws in the US (i.e. this one is medicine and this one is an illegal drug) but I agree Chronage no point overreacting and it is a good thing for people who want/need meds without the high. I know I'd like to get a couple of clones myself.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
No, this is awesome. Not everyone wants to get high when they use medicine. I know multiple patients that don't like the psychoactive effects of normal cannabis; this would be a god-send to them.

Also the article says nothing about it being GMO, they say bred.

I would grow this strain in a heartbeat.

sso

Veteran
mjeh, might be beneficial to some patients and about the

morally superior idiots running around headless afraid of the terrible stoners?

who the fuck cares, evolution will kill them off sooner or later. :)

no true doctor is gonna be too upset about his patients getting high, nor his patients.

or we are gonna have to seriously mess with f.e opiates and lots of other drugs to make them socially acceptable.

socially acceptable my ass, what society?

its a fucking minority that are afraid of people getting high (probably are deep down jealous, just turned insane by the batwing shit club. (been around since 1800 cirka (usually was a bunch of sex starved ugly women with hatchets butchering up bars and pubs.))

ive never seen a "normal" person with these prejudiced beliefs.

i have never seen a person that was against drugs, that didnt seem a little stupid , a little insane,

or was in some job that required them to be against drugs.

eh? ;)

sooner or later , these people will vanish from the stage of history, evolution is against them.

as intellectually inferior specimens of our species, they are doomed to disappear.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Resin Seeds Cannatonic has high CBD, it has been available for a few years now, but they are not hype merchants....

At Spannabis 2009 Canna Labs tested the famous 6:6 CBD:THC cut of it, but if you dig up the Harbourside test of 20 odd Cannatonic plants you see both %s all over the place, lots of 2:1 and 1:2 ratios scored, some with very high CBD and almost no THC. Just grabbing one pack should give you several phenos that are helpful medically.

I personally know the people who work there and they are often found smoking the 6:6 Cannatonic plant while working as it lets them stay very functional, focused and clear headed, yet enjoying a smoke.

anemone

I read about this yesterday. Pretty interesting. I think it's good that people who need it for medical reasons have benefit from it without getting impaired.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
the irony of this thread fucking kills me

in essence many are saying

"all the weeds that exist in the world are sooo potent we need scientists to work THC out of the gene pool"

high grade sensi doesn't reflect the whole of the cannabis genetic pool nor does it reflect the historic use of indigenous cannabis by indigenous peoples

cannabis has been aggressively bred for potency (among other variables) over the past few decades and this is 98% of what people experience in the medical market

if have never grown from anything but a seed pack or a cut then perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to let "science" take ownership over what exists in nature

Last edited:

cchem

No, this is awesome. Not everyone wants to get high when they use medicine. I know multiple patients that don't like the psychoactive effects of normal cannabis; this would be a god-send to them.

Also the article says nothing about it being GMO, they say bred.

I would grow this strain in a heartbeat.

Me too - I think it's a great thing for med users. I know I'll definitely be looking for it. I've always used heavy indica's with high CBD ratio and anything that just medicates the symptoms and doesn't get me wasted - that's medicine. As for GMO - don't know. At least it doesn't say it suicides and produces "seeds that will produce a one-off, female, seedless crop of plants."

sso

Veteran
Me too - I think it's a great thing for med users. I know I'll definitely be looking for it. I've always used heavy indica's with high CBD ratio and anything that just medicates the symptoms and doesn't get me wasted - that's medicine. As for GMO - don't know. At least it doesn't say it suicides and produces "seeds that will produce a one-off, female, seedless crop of plants."

yeah, there is quite a difference between being wasted because you want to be and being wasted all the time because you have to. (pain or whatnot.)

some aspects of life become difficult to handle.

(though personally, i can smoke sativa alot of the time and sometimes do need the wasted effect of the indicas, so i wouldnt be going for the thc less varieties, not often anyway. but i remember when around my parts, you could only get indicas, year in, year out, so i can imagine for some people that need the indicas particularily would get tired of being wasted all the time.)

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Another bunch of business heads trying to sell their shit to daft stoners.
Please do some research before falling into these stupid hypes.
There are plenty of low THC and high CBD strains all over. Until a few years they would be rated as hay and no one would grew them but because now we´re starting to scratch the surface on the medical properties of our plants and there´s a new interest on those of course that money makers are running to make their move. I dread these guys and i pity the naive ones.
Go and check old ladraces like Gwarhli, old hybrids like La Lacrimosa or if you want to go for new stuff at least go for someone that has some background on this business.
Like the CBD Crew that by now have a few interesting CBD ridden strains.

G

Guest304546

isn't that what hemp is? ...pot that doesn't get you high?

AD

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
There are plenty of low THC and high CBD strains all over. Until a few years they would be rated as hay and no one would grew them but because now we´re starting to scratch the surface on the medical properties of our plants and there´s a new interest on those of course that money makers are running to make their move. I dread these guys and i pity the naive ones.
Go and check old ladraces like Gwarhli, old hybrids like La Lacrimosa or if you want to go for new stuff at least go for someone that has some background on this business.

Yes, the dawn of "CBD strains" has drawn some interesitng people out of the woodwork... You can even get seeds from a new company called "CBD Seeds" who have no CBD strains at all....

"old hybrids like La Lacrimosa" You mean Juanita Lagrimosa ? This is from Reggae Seeds, after an innocent mixup is now credited as being the mother of Cannatonic from Resin Seeds.

Reggae Seeds stuff is excellent, I grew and loved Kalijah, all Jimmy's stuff has incredible tastes and flavours. Resin Seeds too do some good strains, they now also have another high CBD strain called Dieseltonic, Cannatonic x Tangerine NYCD and they are a central part of the CDB Crew projects. Stories from there coming out of more consistent plants with way over 10% CBD.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran

Yeah it could be just me because I'm so chronic but I'm pretty sure I have had this bud in BC it smells great, looks great but has no kick!!! ... It's really SUCKS because it's hard to pass up but it's got nothing. Which is why I always say never mind what the bud looks like always rely on what you feel after you smoke it... headband 707:tiphat:

OLDproLg

Veteran
Hmm!

So.Cal seedbank has 3 an i may get the Harliquin strain for my sisters fibromiaga?
SOmeday..