What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NO more drugs for foreigners in the south of holland since 1st of may

neuroherb

The Canadian MMJ system is a federal one and I have no issue with the idea of cannabis being prescribed. However I wouldn't sit and compare my tramadol with another patients codeine based painkiller or discuss that the Gabapentin with red pill cases are better than the ones with yellow pill cases so IMHO the idea of two MMJ patients medicating together other than where a newbie is being advised on the process is a euphamism for a couple of stoners getting together for a recreational session. I do get a medical effect from good cannabis however IMO thats a side effect as I personally started smoking a long time ago for recreational use.

I like the way the med states are going, it helps more people than just the ones that have life threatening diseases. Its more of an adult registry for responsible people with some kind of medical concern to get recommended for cannabis..
I would say if this is your opinon you shouldn't have a big problem with the Dutch weedpass as it is just a system for responsible resident adults to register on a goverment database which allow them responsible access to cannabis without the need to hide behind the cloak of MMJ.

Mixed views about success of new cannabis cafe rules

Tuesday 08 May 2012

The new rules banning tourists from cannabis cafes in the south of the country have been welcomed by people living close to the cafes in Maastricht, mayor Onno Hoes told news agency ANP on Tuesday.

'The system is workable,' Hoes said. The ban was introduced in the south of the country at the beginning May and will be expanded nationwide in 2013. The government hopes the new rules will reduce drugs tourism and criminality.

The mayor told reporters he did not know if the positive signs were due to the fact 13 of the city's 14 cannabis cafes have closed their doors in protest at the new policy.

In addition, he admitted 20 street dealers have been arrested since the new law came into effect. This is more than usual, Hoes said.

Hotline

Meanwhile, Labour councillors in Venlo say the ban has led to such a surge in street dealing that they have set up a hotline where locals can report problems. Councillor Hay Janssen said the south of the country is now suffering from a 'tsunami of drug runners'.

'This has serious consequences for the safety and atmosphere in villages and towns,' he said.

Nu.nl also reports that the ban, which also requires locals to register as official cannabis users, has led to an increase in drugs tourism in Nijmegen. The ban is not yet in force in the city. 'Sales have gone up by 20% to 30%,' one coffee shop owner told the website.

www.dutchnews.nl

Just though I'd post that. I especially like the part where the Maastricht mayor has acknowledged that more street dealers have been arrested since the passing of the law...wonder if there is a link? (sarcasm)

Drift13

I had the pleasure of visiting Amsterdam durning the mid-70 and had hoped on getting back again in the next few years. What a drag..... I hope the politicians see the error of their ways. Because I will not come back to have to buy on the streets. I can do that at home.

chos3n

actually i think you can get a non local mmj card...im not from cali so i dunno for sure but i think you can. Higher rate for like a month instead of a year like normal.

Unfortunately that is not correct. You must be a resident of Cali to be protected under their state statutes for medical marijuana. If you can find a doctor to write you a recommendation or a club to serve you then that is another story of shady practices under the guise of medical marijuana.

Oregon will accept out of state applications, not sure how it works though.

Nothing to be sniffed at

Nothing to be sniffed at

They should crack down on all the people whispering "cocaine" if anything...

school_drug_dealer.jpg

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I have no issue with the idea of cannabis being prescribed.

IMHO the idea of two MMJ patients medicating together other than where a newbie is being advised on the process is a euphamism for a couple of stoners getting together for a recreational session.

I do get a medical effect from good cannabis however IMO thats a side effect as I personally started smoking a long time ago for recreational use.

you shouldn't have a big problem with the Dutch weedpass as it is just a system for responsible resident adults to register on a goverment database which allow them responsible access to cannabis without the need to hide behind the cloak of MMJ.

Ok I'll bight.

(a) if available by prescription, which able bodied adults should be denied a prescription on request? If your answer is ZERO adults should be denied THEN this product sounds like an over the counter adult product not a prescription.

(b) Do you care? Or can you point to harm from 2 people using cannabis? If you can't point to the harm, WHO CARES if it looks like those two people are being pot smoking hippies?

(c) You get medical effects, good for you. I repeat (a) above "Which able bodied ADULTS" should be DENIED cannabis if they desire it?

(d) Telling people what they should or shouldn't have a problem with is a huge human fault. This post for example is an attempt to have you THINK that you SHOULD not have a problem with adults using cannabis FREE from any GOVERNMENT REGISTRY. Although I will grant you that a GOVERNMENT REGISTRY has NEVER been used for ILL or ALTERNATIVE purposes. We are bless with honest governments world wide :D

Off to consume cannabis IRRESPECTIVE of ANYONE's view of SHOULD or LEGALITY.

:joint:

Nemissis

The streets are going to be a whole lot safer when they are completely empty and your country is broke. Do you actually think any American or Canadian thinks to themselves `Wow I want to go look at the beautiful countryside in Holland`

The only tourists going over are going to be sex freaks going for the hookers

Terramoto

i'd love to ride bike in Holland's fields, visit museums, festivals. The ones not going there because they cant smoke weed are as addicts as drug addicts and thats what makes the country look bad. People going there just for weed when there's plenty of other things to do.
Of course im against but weedpass is better then prohibition for everyone, if you're not from Holland make a petition in your country or in EU.

OffTopic:

has anyone notice the censorship growing in Europe and US? SOPA, ACTA? UK's internet+phone monitoring/control? What do you think happened after every world economic crisis that we had? dictatorship?

THC123

Veteran
lol all the other thigns to do, i can do in my own country as well

plus the weather sucks

if i go on vacation it isto a warm country and not a country that has the same shitty climate as my country

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Poor Holland going back to the darkages

Poor Holland going back to the darkages

Talk about shooting yourself in your Klompens damn Holland I always thought you liked having ppl come to your country? I guess NOT?? Have you been talkin to Obummer, Harpo and England ,, well there is always the rest of that part of the world you might aswell join the dark ages again ,, headband 707:comfort:

Siomha

so they keep us out of their country....another one will be the new Amsterdam.

go to Spain and have some great wheather on top of it.

S

stonescafe

the first coffeshop to close its doors in Amsterdam will be The Old Church Coffeeshop in the oudekerksplein on the first of september 2012

Madjag

Veteran
Why Holland Went Back in Time

Why Holland Went Back in Time

IMF pressure? New kids in the Gov? Conservative bankers not liking the looks of Holland's future?

Who knows....

Some of us just need a drink.

señorsloth

Veteran
i'd love to ride bike in Holland's fields, visit museums, festivals. The ones not going there because they cant smoke weed are as addicts as drug addicts and thats what makes the country look bad

lol i'm not flying halfway across the world to go ride my bicycle in some foreign country...you know Holland has like the most bike thefts in the world?! lol Holland might have some good history and architecture...but to say that if you don't travel the world for those reasons you are a drug addict? lol that's not true in any sense at all...i like exotic places and cultures as much as the next guy but you can't expect a huge amount of people to care...

i mean there are hills and roads and grass in most places of the world, likely there are roads and grassy hills near where you live...i know i do, what does my town not have? a building full of legal whores and 15 cafe's full and dank herbs for anybody to buy, at a fraction of US prices...history has shown that people are willing to travel the world to find things that are very rare...however Holland, beautiful and unique as it may be, is just another part of Europe once you get rid of their vice industries. frankly i think when it comes to that, Paris or London, and a dozen or two more would be much more interesting to visit...i just don't think Amsterdam can compete for tourism without weed...something tells me once that's gone hookers would be next, and ya, lets go visit some crowded, wet, little town instead of the Louvre or Buckingham Palace...

I dont like how you just mixed up a whole continent as if you were some illiterate rapper.
"Big up UK, big up Amsterdam" hmm k lol...

But I do agree that Amsterdam is a run down shit hole and not really worth a visit.
Perhaps it will become more romantic once the pot heads leave. Maybe the weather will even clear up. :) Who knows.